St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Premiership 18/10/14

shull

FT 0-1 poor poor result.

At least tommy craig is circumspect in his interviews, listening to the radio at this time last season was always embarrassing hearing Danny Lennon talking shite.

Tommy Craig may show a better grasp of grammar, but shows little awareness of why we are losing week in week out. He seems quite content that it was 50/50 in a home game against ICT for the first half before going a goal down, having a man advantage for most of the second half and never looking like scoring an equaliser. I'd far rather have a grammar-mangling manager who can actually win some games at home. 5 home SPL games, 5 defeats in a row, 1 goal scored 9 conceded.

The knickerwetting begins.

If we are so shite, why aren't we in the bottom 2?

Seriously bud that was pathetic today. A flawed tactical set up to start with and then no attempt to change tactics when it was obvious we were not going to get in behind them down the flanks. Yes they were well organised but nothing more and I would honestly expect to counter that at home against 10 men. A real crunch match next week, lose and I'm afraid Craig has list my backing.

It amazing how every c**t gets on my back when I say we are utter crap which I have been saying for long and weary and has been proved time and time again it takes another defeat for people to start to come round to my way of thinking maybe people are starting to realise I've been right all along .Championship here we come.

That was a shambles today. We were poor in the first half and absolutely abysmal in the second. We barely mustered an effort in the 40 mins they played with 10 men. The tactics seemed to be get Mclean and Mcginn who were both not at the races today to pick the ball up inside our own half and lump 40-50 yard aimless punts to either flank or through the middle. Very poor stuff.

We had too many players off their game today and numerous passengers who are adding little to the side at the moment. We all know who they are.

If Inverness are a side that will finish comfortably in the top 6 then god help Scottish football. Hammer throwers with hard graft and very little flair. Maybe we should take a leaf out of their book. The standard in the league really isn't all that great despite what we all might want to believe.

Craig out. Shuffling around technical area with both hands in pockets, looking at the ground. Hardly inspiring stuff.

Marwood, Reilly, Drury not good enough, drop them for next week.

Ball, Caldwell when he came on, both rotten.

Never for a moment thought it was a penalty and expected a foul to us against Kello. Seems others saw Cheesy being out of order, another liability.

Kelly looked knackered in second half, just could not get back when needed and crosses looked tired.

Doesn't leave too much but thought Goodwin was our best player and Kello did OK.

God help us, unfortunately............

From where I was sitting in the west stand it looked like Cheesey had the lads jersey up around the middle of his back. He gave the referee a great chance to award a penalty when there was little or no danger from an aimless free kick launched into the box.

Wullie Collum was atrocious throughout. He let so much go early doors from Inverness then after about 20 mins started to dish out bookings for practically every foul he awarded. A bizarre little man.

Craig out. Shuffling around technical area with both hands in pockets, looking at the ground. Hardly inspiring stuff.

Marwood, Reilly, Drury not good enough, drop them for next week.

Ball, Caldwell when he came on, both rotten.

Never for a moment thought it was a penalty and expected a foul to us against Kello. Seems others saw Cheesy being out of order, another liability.

Kelly looked knackered in second half, just could not get back when needed and crosses looked tired.

Doesn't leave too much but thought Goodwin was our best player and Kello did OK.

God help us, unfortunately............

Here's a decent shot of it from Allan Pickens twitter page....

Sort of thing that goes on unpunished all the time, stonewall penalty and I'd like to see refs give this sort of decision more often.

Only gripe is it will probably happen 2 or 3 times against us next week with nothing given.

post-1886-0-54436900-1413665251_thumb.jp

Sort of thing that goes on unpunished all the time, stonewall penalty and I'd like to see refs give this sort of decision more often.

Only gripe is it will probably happen 2 or 3 times against us next week with nothing given.

Hmmm, having seen that picture mate, penalty.

It amazing how every c**t gets on my back when I say we are utter crap which I have been saying for long and weary and has been proved time and time again it takes another defeat for people to start to come round to my way of thinking maybe people are starting to realise I've been right all along .Championship here we come.

If I ever got round to your way of thinking I would stop going to the football.

It's because you're always saying we're sh*te, even when we do play well. We all know when we are sh*te, we just don't need you slabbering on about it all the time.

Hmmm, having seen that picture mate, penalty.

Stonewaller yes.

Given maybe 1 in 10 times it happens though.

Daft from McAusland, but on most days it would have been ignored by the officials.

Stonewaller yes.

Given maybe 1 in 10 times it happens though.

Daft from McAusland, but on most days it would have been ignored by the officials.

yet today it was ,against a defender who cannot help himself from doing stupid things in every game,also ,team were constantly told from touchline to get it wide ,,nobody listens ,only way you are going to get anything from ict ,is from wide areas playing ball on deck ,but todays set up and tactics were play every ball to Kenny to play world cup balls ,wasnt going to work from 1st 5 minutes buy took till 75 to change it,also Caldwell was needing taken off 10 minutes after coming on,i thought ball looks unfit ,Caldwell is another level of unfit,mince mince mince

Tactical disaster from Craig today. WTF was McLean playing quarter back for, way too deep. It was obvious once they went down to 10 they would defend deep so why persist trying to get in behind them wide ? Should have pushed Cheesey up front and pumped the ball into the box at every opportunity. To make no tactical change was atrocious. Shocking showing by Craig and the coaching staff. Oh and btw stonewall pen get Cheesy to fuk again for next week total liability.

Cheesy up front?

f**k off mate.

It wasn't the long punts or "world cup" balls that bothered me, it was the 5 or 6 aimless passes between the two centre backs and McLean beforehand, giving ICT all the time in the world to set up, and leaving pretty much no other option but the attemped world cup pass.

I don't think the players are doing that off thier owns backs, they've obviously been told this is how to play. Also, we dud actually get at ICT from wide on numerous occassions, but the delivery was beyond awful. I assume Tess was still injured or he'd have been on in the 2nd half when we were chasing the game? I like Kelly, but he was knackered and Tess has a far better cross. Also, no pint having Marwood on the left like in the first half when he's so utterly one footed.

Cheesy up front?

f**k off mate.

I didn't mean Cheesy as such we could have tried putting Naismith up. Point I was making was thar the tactics were awful and we made no attempt to change them. McLean imo should be playing behind the striker today he was playing behind the rest of the midfield ffs. He was attempting Hollywood balls against a team playing a deep 4-4-1 which despite trying for 90 mins we could just not get in behind. You could count the number of balls into the box on 1 hand and we put them under no meaningful pressure it was possession for possessions sake. In a sitution like that we should have been getting the ball into the box at every opportunity and get Ball and prefererably another big lad ( hence the Cheesy or Naismith suggestions) to try to win the ball given us a chance of winning second balls. Most of the second half we had 2 sometimes 3 players in our own half in splendid isolation as ICT were happy to defend their box. There were several tactical changes that could have been made but Craig chose to persist with something that blatantly wasn't working.

If you thought some of Dannys signings were bad yesterday takes it to a whole new level. If Drury is Man City class why have we got a wasted jersey. Compare Ball to Billy Mckay yesterday. With exception of Goodwin and Kello everyone else was worse than poor but tactically we didn't have a clue what to do or who was playing where. Brown and Caldwell kept drifting inside. Caldwell should have been up front and Marwood who has played as a winger out wide. On the whole clueless.