The New Scottish Cup Thread

HSS

post-7588-0-31248300-1415173719_thumb.pn

That's the beauty of the cup mate.
There could quite easily be 7 top league teams out in this round so it makes the tournament winnable for so many.
I love the Scottish Cup,just hope we get a better draw in the next round.
PS.Remember we beat Inverness at this stage of the 87 cup win. smile.png

Not to be pedantic.

Wasn't it "Caledonian" we beat in that season?

I take the view that we should approach this tie as nothing to lose and plenty to gain. sorcerer.gif

As said above, ICT are currently better than us and on current form should beat us, but stranger things have happened.

I would take this draw every day of the week, - we stand a reasonable chance and if the team turns up and plays as we all hope they should then we go on into the next round with the reality that several SPL teams are gone.

Why all the doom and gloom, I'd rather we had a home tie against a non-OF side or even worse, an away with Dundee Utd, Dundee or Aberdeen.

Cheer up, the sun will shine tomorrow................... or the next day!clap.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Scottish Cup fourth round (kick-off unless stated)

Saturday, 29th November 2014

Dundee v Aberdeen (live on BBC Scotland, 12.15pm)
Bo'ness United v Arbroath (1.30pm)
St Johnstone v Ross County
St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Stirling Albion v Raith Rovers
Queen of the South v Brora
Stranraer v Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk v Cowdenbeath
Spartans v Greenock Morton
Berwick v Albion Rovers
Annan Athletic v Brechin City
Alloa Athletic v Hibernian
Motherwell v Dundee United
Partick Thistle v Hamilton Academical

Sunday, 30th November 2014

The Newcunto F.C. v Kilmarnock
Heart of Midlothian v Green Vermin F.C.

Edited by shull

I'm apathetic towards today's game- in one sense obviously I'd love us to win and kick start our season - but on the other hand a defeat to ICT must surely bring closer to the end of TC stewardship

No personal abuse from Me towards TC but hid win ratio is appalling- his media "skills" are a disgrace- and his complete disregard for the fans who are the life blood and cash cow for the club is unnacceptable.

I'm apathetic towards today's game- in one sense obviously I'd love us to win and kick start our season - but on the other hand a defeat to ICT must surely bring closer to the end of TC stewardship

No personal abuse from Me towards TC but hid win ratio is appalling- his media "skills" are a disgrace- and his complete disregard for the fans who are the life blood and cash cow for the club is unnacceptable.

Accept today.

Saturday, 29th November 2014

Dundee 2-1 Aberdeen
Bo'ness United 0-5 Arbroath
St Johnstone 2-1 Ross County
St Mirren 1-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Stirling Albion 0-2 Raith Rovers
Queen of the South 4-1 Brora *******
Stranraer 2-2 Dunfermline Athletic
Falkirk 1-0 Cowdenbeath
Spartans 2-1 Greenock Morton
Berwick ******* 1-1 Albion Rovers
Annan Athletic 1-1 Brechin City
Alloa Athletic 1-2 Hibernian
Motherwell 1-2 Dundee United
Partick Thistle 2-0 Hamilton Academical

Edited by shull

Time for the words to stop and for action from this life blood you talk about.

We're on a £5k shortfall which means that unless someone stumps this up, someone won't get paid and well be in the same trouble as Rangers.

Are YOU going to pay this shortfall?

Are you going to step up or back down and be grateful, as I am, that the directors will cover it?

Time for the words to stop and for action from this life blood you talk about.

We're on a £5k shortfall which means that unless someone stumps this up, someone won't get paid and well be in the same trouble as Rangers.

Are YOU going to pay this shortfall?

Are you going to step up or back down and be grateful, as I am, that the directors will cover it?

I'll stump up the 5k if you promise to shut up about it. This BoD told us 700 cup tickets sold at the AGM time was normal, and they expected, as usual, the bulk to be sold prior to the game. They tell us strip sales are on a par with previous seasons, I believe that as much as I believe in Santa Claus.

They are bullshitting us and in my opinion cannot find a bucket of sand big enough to bury their heads in and make Tommy's 2 year deal disappear. Well, they gave a proven failure as a No1 that contract, after having previous managers put on 1 year rolling deals.

Fans are voting with their feet and their wallets, especially with Christmas coming up too. Deal with it Oaky. You talk about whinging and moaning? You're doing more of it than anyone.

I'll stump up the 5k if you promise to shut up about it. This BoD told us 700 cup tickets sold at the AGM time was normal, and they expected, as usual, the bulk to be sold prior to the game. They tell us strip sales are on a par with previous seasons, I believe that as much as I believe in Santa Claus.

They are bullshitting us and in my opinion cannot find a bucket of sand big enough to bury their heads in and make Tommy's 2 year deal disappear. Well, they gave a proven failure as a No1 that contract, after having previous managers put on 1 year rolling deals.

Fans are voting with their feet and their wallets, especially with Christmas coming up too. Deal with it Oaky. You talk about whinging and moaning? You're doing more of it than anyone.

700 Tickets midweek is not unusual for a game against a "wee" team!

Why would people buy in advance?