St Mirren V Ross County Spfl Premiership 25/10/14

shull

Being 1 point ahead of the bottom 2 after the first round of games hardly counts as daylight. We have had 6 homes games and taken 1 point out of 18 at home and that was after coming from behind against bottom of the league Ross County and we had to come from behind twice to earn that point and they hit the bar in the 89th minute. Motherwell's losing streak, by the law of averages, will end within the next couple of games and they will start picking up points again and I have no doubt that a result like today's makes it a certainty that once Motherwell do come out of their slump we will be the first team they overtake.

Tommy Craig is no doubt chuffed to bits that we had the majority of the possession in a home game against the worst team in the league and we were a bit unlucky not to take all 3 points and all we need is a rub of the green and we will be fine (they had a goal chopped off and hit our bar in the 89th minute, how lucky do we need to be?)

Being 1 point ahead of the bottom 2 after the first round of games hardly counts as daylight. We have had 6 homes games and taken 1 point out of 18 at home and that was after coming from behind against bottom of the league Ross County and we had to come from behind twice to earn that point and they hit the bar in the 89th minute. Motherwell's losing streak, by the law of averages, will end within the next couple of games and they will start picking up points again and I have no doubt that a result like today's makes it a certainty that once Motherwell do come out of their slump we will be the first team they overtake.

Tommy Craig is no doubt chuffed to bits that we had the majority of the possession in a home game against the worst team in the league and we were a bit unlucky not to take all 3 points and all we need is a rub of the green and we will be fine (they had a goal chopped off and hit our bar in the 89th minute, how lucky do we need to be?)

Daylight to me is not being on the same points as 10th, as we were prematch.

It has been a poor start to the season, no one is saying any differently.

However, the minimum expected of Tommy this season was to keep us out the bottom 2. After 11 games, he's on course to do that.

Love how you cite the law of averages regarding Motherwell. Using that same law, I guess we will win at home soon too? We have Partick at home in a fortnight, by the law of averages, we must win that yeah? Of course that is clear nonsense.

Not good enough. No imagination, no game plan. Why do we always look gubbed with ten minutes to go?

Totally out on our feet at times. 2 subs that could have come on shows what TC thought of his bench. Sean Kelly was done in and should have been subbed with 15 to go.

Sorry but time for Tommy to go we are going backwards again.

My comments about averages relate to team's on a losing run. We lost 5 in a row at the start of the season and Ross County lost 6 in a row at the start of the season and then both teams began picking up points. We've overtaken Motherwell at a point when they have a losing run of 4 in a row, and during those 4 games where Motherwell took 0 points we took 5 points out of 12 and are now 1 point ahead of them. Motherwell have a few players returning from injury and I don't expect them to lose as many as 6 in a row. They have lost a few players from last year's squad but have a similar nucleus and even if they don't make the top 6 this year I think they can finish 7th or 8th when they have most of their players available and get some confidence back. I don't see many signs that there is an awful lot of improvement to come from our squad. Kello seems eratic in goals and we are weak defensively. We have some decent midfielders but even here we are lightweight / inexperienced, and then up front we are counting down the weeks until our 36 year old striking talisman returns and hopefully stays fit and quickly finds form and / or the back of the net.

Yep. We were on the same points as tenth when the game started, and now we are 1 point ahead.

I think you'll find we are still 10th, just like we were at the start of play today and Motherwell are still 11th and Ross County are still 12th and we've pulled 1 point away from 11th. Being 1 point ahead of 11th might count for something in early May but I don't know what it proves at the end of October in terms of SPL survival.

What's really worrying is that fans are now refusing to come. Where I sit in the main stand with my wife there was four season ticket holders absent today. County used all their subs yet Tommy had two subs he could have brought on to try and win. I am now totally at a loss why this guy remains in charge

Why do you think Motherwell will improve more than us? They are where they are because results show they are as bad as we are. They were fortunate to beat us in the league opener when we played our best of the season. It is a confidence game and our lads lack this allied to a manager who is more clueless than Danny was/is. Personally I think 5 teams will fight it out and this will include Fakes and Plastics. On a final point we had 5 key players missing and when they come back we will be stronger in defence, our atttack, however, is a huge worry.

And what about our goal chopped off or decent penalty claim for a two handed push in the back (which later on mysteriously turned in to a foul when we were attacking) ? Or doesn't that suit your agenda ?

One good thing is that we came back twice from behind. Would have been better not to go behind, but nice to see a bit of resiliance.

Two really poor goals to loose, although it looked like a foul on Kello. Also have wonder how the game would have panned out if the first goal had stood.

One good thing is that we came back twice from behind. Would have been better not to go behind, but nice to see a bit of resiliance.

Two really poor goals to loose, although it looked like a foul on Kello. Also have wonder how the game would have panned out if the first goal had stood.

3-2 to the Buddies clap.gif

And what about our goal chopped off or decent penalty claim for a two handed push in the back (which later on mysteriously turned in to a foul when we were attacking) ? Or doesn't that suit your agenda ?

I don't have much of an agenda. I was anticipating Tommy Craig coming out and saying he was happy with the performance overall and putting a positive spin on 1 point from 18 at home and drawing against the worst team in the league today. If he did come out with any hard luck stories about penalty claims then like I say Ross County had a goal chopped off and hit the bar in the 89th minute. Tommy Craig's agenda is putting a positive spin on a dreadful start to the season. Maybe he will use Lex's line about clear daylight between us and 10th place now just to seal the deal.

kello really needs to get a grip,thats 2 games out of 3 he has made the same mistake to lose a goal ,altho the 2 centre halfs need to have a long hard look at themselves,midfield looks like a 1 man team,kenny seems to be the only one willing to take any responsibility,mcginn poor again today,as for ball if you replaced him with a tailors dummy you wouldn't notice, absolutely useless,only plus point is we didn't lose

kello really needs to get a grip,thats 2 games out of 3 he has made the same mistake to lose a goal ,altho the 2 centre halfs need to have a long hard look at themselves,midfield looks like a 1 man team,kenny seems to be the only one willing to take any responsibility,mcginn poor again today,as for ball if you replaced him with a tailors dummy you wouldn't notice, absolutely useless,only plus point is we didn't lose

Thompson with a zimmer frame has more chance of scoring than Ball did today. Bring back Bahokken.

Why do you think Motherwell will improve more than us? They are where they are because results show they are as bad as we are. They were fortunate to beat us in the league opener when we played our best of the season. It is a confidence game and our lads lack this allied to a manager who is more clueless than Danny was/is. Personally I think 5 teams will fight it out and this will include Fakes and Plastics. On a final point we had 5 key players missing and when they come back we will be stronger in defence, our atttack, however, is a huge worry.

Motherwell have lost about 2 or 3 players from the team who finished 2nd last year. They are 1 point behind us while on a losing run lasting 4 games. The bulk of their squad have shown over the last 2 or 3 seasons they are capable of being a good top 6 side.

I don't disagree 5 teams could be in the mix for the relegation places. I would be surprised if Motherwell stay in that pack and will tip Kilmarnock to be the current top 6 team who are capable of going on a 4 or 5 losing streak and losing all the confidence and momentum they gained in a good start and minus the confidence will be a very ordinary middle to bottom 6 SPL side.

As for us, if we can get Teale fit again for any length of time I think he can make a difference to us, Osbourne can make a difference to us (but also has a track record of having persistent injury problems) and Thompson can obviously make a difference to us (but could miss up to half the season before he is fit).

Another dire performance, no shape to the team at all.

Kello badly at fault for opener...again. Defence lucky a few times playing a high line and I thought County scored a perfectly good goal.

Ball upfront himself is a joke, Reilly anonymous again, he is an imposter.

The manager has to go, his signings are a joke as is his tactics.

The crowds are getting smaller and smaller and no wonder.

15 minutes to go and at home to the bottom team in the league, no shots on target, no subs made. Craig is a joke