Hamilton Accies V St Mirren Scottish Premiership 22/11/14

shull

Being 3 down to Accies is rolling over in my book. You give him to Christmas but I have a feeling you (plus our board) are out on a limb here. Do you SERIOUSLY feel in your heart of hearts that Craig is going to turn this around by Christmas ? If not why wait ???

I said we had fallen apart when the third goal went in. When I say we never rolled over, I'm referring to the 20 minutes after the third goal.

I don't know if he will turn it around or not. Neither do you, neither does he. No one can see into the future sadly.

What I do know is that this club will (rightly) give any new manager half a season before considering his position.

Opted for a wee trip to Dunblane Hydro with Mrs Zo instead of New Douglas Park. Mon the vino!

I didn't have anything special organised, but not for one second did I consider going to NDP.

I can't believe after 30 odd years of following us home & away it's come to this and I'm seriously considering not going to the ICT game.

Edited by FTOF

I said we had fallen apart when the third goal went in. When I say we never rolled over, I'm referring to the 20 minutes after the third goal.

I don't know if he will turn it around or not. Neither do you, neither does he. No one can see into the future sadly.

What I do know is that this club will (rightly) give any new manager half a season before considering his position.

I know it, you know it, we all know it. Craig will not turn this around now . It's a death spirall. You are kidding yourself on if you are not admitting it. Principals and loyalty are commendable attributes but it comes to a point where you have to hold your hands up and say enough is enough. I love the club as much as you and everyone else on here but it can only go so far before even the most loyal must admit it's over. Today was that milestone in my eyes. You keep the faith, that's your prerogative but deep down we all know it's over for TC.

After 10 minutes today it was obvious we would never win this game, Accies zipping the ball about and when it went up front laying the ball off for strikes at goal, Saints couldn't do either of these the whole day until the last 15 mins when the game was over and Accies sat back .

Cant blame any of the youngsters making their debut at all as too early to judge if any of them will make the grade, however looking at the starting 11 today the problem is we lack quality in all areas, of the starting 11 today I would only be sure that McLean would get a game for other SPL clubs. The manager has to accept the blame for some of this as he has spent the budget on some of these players in the squad today.

Defence are all over the place and cant cope with pace or any sort of clever movement down the channels, indeed even simple high balls are a problem as we allow strikers to lay off the ball the whole game either by chest or head, yet any of our forwards ( apart from ST ) never seem to win a ball ?

Midfield consists mainly of ghosts today , Mclean obviously has the talent but hes often playing with 2-3 guys around him who offer nothing the whole game so I can understand his frustation. Without McGinn playing it's hard too see an answer to this with the current squad.

Strikers.....None of them in squad today are clearly good enough, to be fair I thought Marwood at least made an effort the last 15 minutes. Fastest I seen Caldwell run was when he got subbed and ran off the park !

The big problem this year is that the bottom 2 teams are likely to get relegated with probably the Gers facing them in a play off and as much as they are a poor side they have at least 3 proven goalscorers who would enjoy playing against us.

I rarely go to away games and after that today I can see why at 32 quid for an adult and child only to witness a performance like that. There are no leaders in the team and the manager I am sure wouldn't inspire the troops going into a battle.

Tommy Craig's managerial record before St Mirren involved him losing 75% of the matches he was in charge of and since taking over the reigns with us he has kept the average up despite being in the weakest premiership in years. Even when we get our injured players back and Goodwin returns from suspension most of them have played in a side that was being beaten week in and week out with the exception of Thompson. I'm happy to state I don't think TC's stats will improve and he won't turn it around, he seems quite chilled out about his team selection, the team's performance and today's result and has no plans to come in to work until Monday.

We never rolled over after we went 3-0 down. I'm surprised that me saying we never rolled over is seen as a negative. We could have rolled over and lost 6 or 7, would this have been better?

Between the start of the second half and the third goal we were absolutely shocking, that 20 minutes or so was as bad as I've seen us for a long time. That's when we lost the game.

I said when Tommy was appointed that I thought it was the wrong appointment. I also said I'd give him to Christmas before judging him, as I would with any new manager. I stand by that.

but your record on DL says differently

self-qualified coward