Junior Coming In On Trial.

Rabinho

HIGHLY-rated IRVINE MEADOW winger Gary McCann could be destined for the footballing big time as he is being eyed up by two SPFL Premiership clubs.

The 22-year-old, in his second season at Meadow Park, is training with Hamilton Accies this week and next week will be at St Mirren.

Meadow manager Stevie Rankin said: “I am delighted for Gary, he is a real hard worker and talented player. As well as being at Hamilton during the day on Monday he trained with me at night. Then next week he is at St Mirren. We signed Gary for Ashfield from boys club football before taking him to Meadow and Murdie MacKinnon, the assistant has worked very hard with him. It’s testament to Murdie that he has done so well.

“Hopefully we will have Gary her until the end of the season. I don’t know what will come of St Mirren or Hamilton but it would be a great opportunity for Gary if he was given the chance to play in the Premiership, He is one of the best players we have had in the last few seasons and works very hard on his game.”

- See more at: http://www.ardrossanherald.com/sport/football/articles/2015/02/04/523347-senior-clubs-eye-up-meadow-winger/#sthash.SEqOz5cp.dpuf

Accies may be riding high in the league just now, but there's a lot of uncertainty with central defender donkey Canning coming in as manager. They've got a two stand stadium, with a core support of about 1,200.

We, on the other hand, are on the up under our ex winger manager. He can teach the boy a lot about the art of wing play, with tales of playing in the Premiership and for Scotland. We've got a modern, four stand stadium, with our own training base and a loyal and er....positive fan base of around 3,500-4,000. We've won trophies in living memory and have played in Europe.

All things considered, there's only one choice for the lad!!

Accies may be riding high in the league just now, but there's a lot of uncertainty with central defender donkey Canning coming in as manager. They've got a two stand stadium, with a core support of about 1,200.

We, on the other hand, are on the up under our ex winger manager. He can teach the boy a lot about the art of wing play, with tales of playing in the Premiership and for Scotland. We've got a modern, four stand stadium, with our own training base and a loyal and er....positive fan base of around 3,500-4,000. We've won trophies in living memory and have played in Europe.

All things considered, there's only one choice for the lad!!

Accies?

No chance of relegation. Open air facilities at the ground with a good breeze during thw armer months. Less folk to abuse you of things go wrong. AND... A hefty % of the sell on fee to the English premier leaguwe if you manage to stay on your feet for most of the season.

Edited by stlucifer

No I'm referring to the standard of football in the Scottish Football Junior ranks being very poor wee man.

Pretty sure the standard overall was shite in the juniors when McAvennie was playing for the Burgh.... and the overall shiteness hasn't stopped Dundee United and Partick making successful moves for individuals - maybe through Queens Park first, but the point is there are obviously individual talents in the junior game, young guys coming through. If we can unearth one goodun', that's good news surely.

I wouldn't play junior football as I class myself as a far better player than that level,once I enjoy a fish supper and a good bevy every night then I may enter that level at my choice.

I've sent you a PM who I play for now,you'll be rather shocked son

Are you to embarrassed to say on here....post-4944-0-91436200-1423160159_thumb.jp