All Is Not Lost

Thinning will be saints manager. Please let him go else where to make his mistakes. Not with us. The current squad will be decimated ( hopefully). We have too many passengers that simply aren't good enough. Likewise Teale is never a manager.

Thommo not thinning (damn autocorrect)

Edited by charlie

What Leadership qualities had the last 2 Managers shown before the B.O.D made the appointments apart from being a cheap option.

Did they ever interview Paul Hartley for the job?

I think Thommo would be a good Manager. He would renew the fans faith as he is a local lad, A Saint Mirren Man, A good bloke and he has a career that no one else on our books gets anywhere close to.

This is true.

It maybe that he could galvanise the team in the championship , he is a thoroughly professional and articulate guy, but completely untried at managerial level.

Personally , I'd give him the gig for next season, but I reckon he still harbours playing ambitions.

Thommo has said several times, including Sportsound during the week, that he wants to continue playing and that he feels he has at least another season in him and that he does not want to bow out of a great career on such a poor season. So I do not think he is ready yet to jump into management.

We need a new approach to all areas of the club

Revamp everywhere and start running St Mirren as a professional club not a glorified boys club

On and off the pitch has been a disaster

I don't believe all the board want to leave

Work a deal to pay off the ones who want away and invite new ones on with fresh ideas they are out there

No one is going to pay money for a championship Scottish club they had over 5 years trying to sell us in the SPL

If not a huge struggle awaits us next season as well

I would give him the job as player manager for next season without a doubt Gus managed it and ended up doing a pretty good job in my opinion what have we got to lose were going to be down there for a few years anyway So let him cut his teeth with us i say its worth the try .

I would give him the job as player manager for next season without a doubt Gus managed it and ended up doing a pretty good job in my opinion what have we got to lose were going to be down there for a few years anyway So let him cut his teeth with us i say its worth the try .

FFS Elvis, that's a sensible post you just made. Totally agree. A change is as good as a rest!

All this Armageddon talk is pish. We probably will be down for a couple of seasons as there will still be a few big guns, so to speak down there next season. Myself, yes I will go to a few more games, might even stretch to a season ticket even though I won't manage a lot of games.

Central Park on a Saturday, 3 points, down to the goth for a few, then back in for some stock cars.. Nice..

What Leadership qualities had the last 2 Managers shown before the B.O.D made the appointments apart from being a cheap option.

I think Thommo would be a good Manager. He would renew the fans faith as he is a local lad, A Saint Mirren Man, A good bloke and he has a career that no one else on our books gets anywhere close to.

Teale's career isn't that different from Thommo's though I'm sure he played more top flight games in England and got to the league cup final with Wigan.

Personally when it comes to appointing the next manager I'd go for someone who's proved themselves as a manager. How many top clubs appoint a manager with no managerial experience?

Teale's career isn't that different from Thommo's though I'm sure he played more top flight games in England and got to the league cup final with Wigan.

Personally when it comes to appointing the next manager I'd go for someone who's proved themselves as a manager. How many top clubs appoint a manager with no managerial experience?

Billy Davis was at the game on Friday night , he might start getting bored with all the time he's had off and offer his services,

Billy Davis was at the game on Friday night , he might start getting bored with all the time he's had off and offer his services,

Billy Davies, Paul Lambert, Stevie Thompson, Gary Teale & Ally McCoist (seriously).... form a consortium to actually buy the club. McCoist to coach and get the players upbeat, pick a manager from any one of the rest... and crack on.

Surely not my worst idea ever.

The day we appointed Craig the game was up. Worst team in the worst SPL in living memory. For f**k sake we signed Alan Gow!!! Tells you everything you want to know. We no longer sign players from the bargain basement we are scurrying around in the charity shops.

Can't remember when we signed a decent player. Dozens and dozens of absolute duds!!! We are where we deserve to be. Ross County now 10 ahead.. we won't get 10 points between now and the end of the season!!

Billy Davies, Paul Lambert, Stevie Thompson, Gary Teale & Ally McCoist (seriously).... form a consortium to actually buy the club. McCoist to coach and get the players upbeat, pick a manager from any one of the rest... and crack on.

Surely not my worst idea ever.

McCoist buy lol.he's miserable as sin

Makes Shull look like Carnegie

McCoist buy lol.he's miserable as sin

Makes Shull look like Carnegie

Aye, but he's minted, has coaching experience, has been through a lot at the Sevco from which he will have learned, and has been around St Mirren in the past. With all his gardening leave he could assist Tommy Doc' in getting the pitch looking top notch.

Aye, but he's minted, has coaching experience, has been through a lot at the Sevco from which he will have learned, and has been around St Mirren in the past. With all his gardening leave he could assist Tommy Doc' in getting the pitch looking top notch.

He wouldn't spend a bean that's how he's minted.His ex wife knows more about gardeningwhistling.gif

Start afresh. . As i said , i think Thommo is a legend. I just dont see him as the next saints manager. Perhaps sometime in the future but not now.

Thommo will go into management I believe. Also think he will be very successful so if we don't get him now we never will because the only place this guy will go is up the way.

But then again would he really want to manage us with part of our support always chasing managers heads no matter who it is. Probably

We also have the lowest goal scoring ratio in Scotland, inluding the highland & Lowland leagues !! thumbdown.gif

If you don't service your car it will break down

If you don't service you gas boiler it will blow up eventually

If you don't service your wife she will play away from home

If you don't give service to a striker he wont score goals.

And he is the only footballer ever to use cathartic in an interview, in the right context too.