Disgrace!

SG and the board began to lose my support the day of that infamous meeting on the main stand where he recommended sucking Sevco boaby. then when anyone had the audacity to claim otherwise, we're shot disparaging looks by the lot of them.

Even getting around 50% of the fans onside. I walked out the ground that night a much more cynical fan. Couldn't quote believe what I'd heard and what others had accepted from them.

You should have been in the private meeting beforehand.

2 years ago I was told by someone who needed to see the board regularly as part of his job that Gilmour came in maybe once a month, McAusland once a week (probably to pick the defence) and the rest of the board not at all.

To be fair, im led to believe that George Campbell is never away from SMP or Ralston. The others I have no idea.

You should have been in the private meeting beforehand.

Indeed....

ETA: that'll be the meeting where they called Doncaster for everything. They then went on to cite various armaggedon stats at us to justify their stance. When I pressed them to tell us how they had come by these stats, Gilmour shifted a little in his seat before confirming that the source was none other than the bold Neil himself.

There you have it folks, duplicity personified.

Edited by Drew

So if you inherited your parents house, you would be prepared to give it away.

I wouldn't be asking for one and a half mill for a middle terrace in Glenburn

The holding is worth whatever people are prepare to offer, not what the current board would like. They had the chance to pass up their option on the holding, but decided that they could take it and maybe make a few bob from it. Should the club now suffer just because they want ferrari money for a fiesta

Someone once told me "beware anyone who puts a penny in the juke box and expects a nickel tune-everyone will be disappointed"

Gilmour sounded quite upbeat before the game, preferring to concentrate on plastic pitches and congratulating the groundsman.The interviewer gave him a very easy time, complimenting him and his board for past deeds.He did admit there may have been an error in appointing Craig but brushed it off by saying they cant get all the decisions right,lol. Perhaps it might have been thought rude by the interviewer to mention minor things like signing dud players, paying off dud players and managers, winning one home game in a year, charging £25 last weekend, doing nothing when our rivals were busy in the transfer market etc. Maybe even the chairmans slight speech impediment, as he appeared to be slurring his words, persuaded the BBC to go easy on him. He was certainly nowhere to be heard following one of the most disastrous results in his clubs history.With any luck, the fans may also have heard the last from him.

Dundee 3-1 utd.

Why is that important? It shows that club owners who put finances above playing capacity in January suffer! We sold our best player (cut price) replaced him with a guy who hasn't hit the net yet, and managed by an untried player coach! .........

Utd, sold their two superstars to prospective 1/4 finalist opponents, title rivals, cup finalists, and so far have picked up 1 point in their last 8 games!

The form teams in the league?? RC and Motherwell!!

Why?? Owners thinking long rather than short term and making the right investments in their team!

I realise I've a narrow view on this, but it makes me sick to my stomach thinking of the mess our club is in, and listening to chick spout his pish about cash flow!

We generate the same gate revenue as the fakes, Inverness, dundee, Patrick, killie, (list goes on) yet when was the last time you heard of them having to sell their star player in order to pay the rest of the squads wages!!??

Our current BoD, pls ffs GTF, you don't want to be at the helm, your rinsing us (supporters) of our cash, in order to produce an amateurish product!!

Indeed....

ETA: that'll be the meeting where they called Doncaster for everything. They then went on to cite various armaggedon stats at us to justify their stance. When I pressed them to tell us how they had come by these stats, Gilmour shifted a little in his seat before confirming that the source was none other than the bold Neil himself.

The night the question was posed directly to us - would you want us to hammer Rangers if you knew it would mean people working at St Mirren losing their jobs? Getting us thinking about folk like Norrie, Kath Steel or Tommy Doc' getting pumped.

DiQOKkDw_normal.jpeg John McGinn @jmcginn7 · 58m 58 minutes ago

Brilliant from Stephen and Paul tonight, and to think they still weren't good enough for some.

A wee pop at our BOD ?

Stephen McGinn was never deemed not good enough for us though. He was another who was allegedly sold under duress for absolute peanuts.

Paul McGinn should never have been let go in the first place either.

The night the question was posed directly to us - would you want us to hammer Rangers if you knew it would mean people working at St Mirren losing their jobs? Getting us thinking about folk like Norrie, Kath Steel or Tommy Doc' getting pumped.

Oh aye, I remember the tactic well. I just wasn't buying their doom-laden predictions. I'm not judging people who did, everyone there was put on the spot on the basis of very selective and hypothetical information.

Indeed....

I wasn't at any meeting but even without knowing what was said, I know bullshit when I hear it. It was mind-boggling reading all the crap. But Drew, i know you were unhappy at the time but did you mention Stewart Gilmour's squirming and admission that it was only Doncaster's propaganda at the time? Is the inference that the board's only concern was that they got their asking price so they swallowed Doncaster's shit?

McGinn has done very well out of this club since he was a wee boy. He should have a bit more respect.

Got to remember he is just a boy but his head was spinning like a scene from the exorcist when Sheffield United sniffed at him. The problem with our better young players is that none of them are loyal to the club with the exception of Cheesey. Part of the general malaise. Plus no one at our club is tough enough to tell these guys to screw the nut and show respect. Sooner these guys get their big moves the better.

I wasn't at any meeting but even without knowing what was said, I know bullshit when I hear it. It was mind-boggling reading all the crap. But Drew, i know you were unhappy at the time but did you mention Stewart Gilmour's squirming and admission that it was only Doncaster's propaganda at the time? Is the inference that the board's only concern was that they got their asking price so they swallowed Doncaster's shit?

I wouldn't say that, Rick. I don't doubt they were genuinely concerned about the future of the club and the staff. I don't think that is all it was about, however. But that is purely cynical speculation on my part.

It seemed to me that their strategy was to organise this 'consultation' process in order to create a veneer of legitimacy to a potentially unpalatable position. Also, it shared accountability for the adoption of this stance beyond the boardroom.

As is so often the case when it comes to these consultation exercises, it was set up in such a way that the BoD clearly had their preferred outcome and presented information (however dubious the source and veracity) that was likely to back that up.

FWIW, I got a clear sense from a particular director that he wasn't buying it either, and he pretty much confirmed that to me after the meeting as we all filed out into the Main Stand.

Edited by Drew

Got to remember he is just a boy but his head was spinning like a scene from the exorcist when Sheffield United sniffed at him. The problem with our better young players is that none of them are loyal to the club with the exception of Cheesey. Part of the general malaise. Plus no one at our club is tough enough to tell these guys to screw the nut and show respect. Sooner these guys get their big moves the better.

Better? Young?? Cheesy???

That's an interesting slant to put on why he's still here and will probably sign a new contract...

As for McGinn, if that post was a dig at the board then it's the only dig he has shown this season. Last year he was one of the few bright spots in a poor team, this year he has been as bad as the rest of a mediocre one. It may be he is not being used correctly however he should still be performing better. It was a tad annoying to see him getting man of the match for Scotland under-21s. If he gets a deal somewhere else it'll be based mainly on last year's displays.

Stephen was punted because he wouldn't sign a new contract - same as Dundee United punting Mackay-Steven. Doing what we did meant we got a bit of cash. He didn't get run out of the club by folk thinking he wasn't good enough - unless they didn't think he was good enough to justify the wage he was after. Were there not attempts to bring him back at some point but he didn't want to as it might push his brother out of the team.

Paul had a contract and was offered another one but chose to go elsewhere as he wanted first team football. No problem with that, but it's wrong to say we didn't try to keep him. At the time he was behind Vanzy in the pecking order. If he'd stuck around who knows if he'd have got in the team ahead of Naismith a few months into the season.

I wouldn't say that, Rick. I don't doubt they were genuinely concerned about the future of the club and the staff. I don't think that is all it was about, however. But that is purely cynical speculation on my part.

It seemed to me that their strategy was to organise this 'consultation' process in order to create a veneer of legitimacy to a potentially unpalatable position. Also, it shared accountability for the adoption of this stance beyond the boardroom.

As is so often the case when it comes to these consultation exercises, it was set up in such a way that the BoD clearly had their preferred outcome and presented information (however dubious the source and veracity) that was likely to back that up.

FWIW, I got a clear sense from a particular director that he wasn't buying it either, and he pretty much confirmed that to me after the meeting as we all filed out into the Main Stand.

Yeah there probably was more to it Drew but I didn't think that agenda was being hidden at all. If you remember Gilmour predicted that St Mirren "could be in administration within three months." He then went on to say that they would do all they could to prevent that from happening but there would have to be redundancies. Now if you've got shares in a business and that companies Chairman is telling everyone that you're in severe financial difficulty and on the brink of administration, your shares are worthless.

What I thought at the time was more surprising was that the man leading a fans bid to buy that 52% shareholding was sitting round the table that night and yet he seemed - at least to my mind - to be arguing, both at the meeting and online - that Rangers should be kept in the top flight.

There were other things I found strange that night. Gilmour claiming that St Mirren could have been spared financial hardship had the club known that Rangers were likely to be liquidated being one of the big ones. Gilmours claims that if the he had known before the end of March 2012 they wouldn't have resigned a number of players on new contracts yet to me - and I would have assumed to everyone else - Rangers problems were obvious. They went into administration on the 14th of February 2012 and they also still had their massive HMRC tax case hanging over their heads. Gilmour claimed that Harper MacLeod, Celtic and the SPL's Legal Advisers, had told them that no decision on the tax case would come for 6 years.

I also really couldn't understand why Gilmour appeared to have the figures so wildly wrong when talking about how revenue from the SPL was divided down into the lower leagues or why he couldn't see why two home games against Rangers would be worth far more to the likes of Clyde and Queens Park than the small five figure fee they had been getting in recent years.

Edited by Stuart Dickson