St Mirren V Kilmarnock Premiership 25/4/15

shull

After today, you need to go next week, don't you?

Yes, you do. I missed the game yesterday as I was flying back from the States but I must admit to allowing myself a wee moment to wonder "what if"?

What if we get a a win at Firhill next week?

What if Ross County turn Motherwell over?

What if we go to Dingwall and come back with another 3 points the week after?

What if Motherwell choke again v Killie?

What if we actually go into the game against Motherwell at home only 1 point behind?

Ross County did it earlier this year, Leicester City are doing it right now in the Premiership and Wigan used to do it every year.

These runs do happen and it always takes one good result to kick it off.

I know it was only one result and, by all accounts, Killie were pish but............what if?

Great result but in all honesty two very poor teams on show, no real quality going by the highlights. We are very guilty of trying to be too fancy when the simple stuff would be more effective. In saying that both Kelly and mallan showed up well. A 4-1 win is always good irrespective of performance and hopefully a bit of a confidence booster. By god we need it

Strangely, I agree with what you say about the BBC Teuchter highlights showing little quality. I say strangely, because I was at the game and the 90 mins flew by. It was a good game to be at - end to end at times, we played with pace and made chances. Ridgers made two top drawer saves. They hit the post, we hit the bar, lots of moments where we were applauding and shouting. Pascali's meltdown was funny, the referee was getting pelters, we scored four and we all left with broad grins.

Watched Alba at ten and it looked a bit rubbish. Very strange... It was definitely good being there!

Strangely, I agree with what you say about the BBC Teuchter highlights showing little quality. I say strangely, because I was at the game and the 90 mins flew by. It was a good game to be at - end to end at times, we played with pace and made chances. Ridgers made two top drawer saves. They hit the post, we hit the bar, lots of moments where we were applauding and shouting. Pascali's meltdown was funny, the referee was getting pelters, we scored four and we all left with broad grins.

Watched Alba at ten and it looked a bit rubbish. Very strange... It was definitely good being there!

Agreed, v good performance, spirit, fighting performance, thought Kelly, Mallan and Sadlier looked the most lively, different role for Sadlier, difficult for him to get on the ball as it was played long a lot but worked very hard and battled and won a lot in the air.

You'd like to think we'd take a decent crowd although as some cant bring themselves to come on and say something positive after our victory you could think their ever present bitterness will help them come up with a reason not to attend.

I'll be in Tenerife.

If you're going to Los Christianos in Tenerife be sure to stop in at my uncles St. Mirren pub, The Buddies. Nice wee pub with Saints memorabilia and pictures of Paisley etc.

Edited by Stevie88

Whit?

Renfrew said nobody he knew was going, he obviously disnae know many people.

Well I know you whistling.gifflipa.gif Home support down about 1300 what was to be expected. Please at the result but Killie played like we did against Motherwell and Ross C. I expect a ban for our dive for the 2nd pen will be offered to the player

Well I know you whistling.gifflipa.gif Home support down about 1300 what was to be expected. Please at the result but Killie played like we did against Motherwell and Ross C. I expect a ban for our dive for the 2nd pen will be offered to the player

However , i understand the club are sending a letter to the SFA to seek clarification as to why a penalty when Eremenko carried out a forearm smash on young Mallan , sending him crashing to the ground for a stonewall penalty.

I fully expect this topic to be discussed all week on every sports programme .

However , i understand the club are sending a letter to the SFA to seek clarification as to why a penalty when Eremenko carried out a forearm smash on young Mallan , sending him crashing to the ground for a stonewall penalty.

I fully expect this topic to be discussed all week on every sports programme .

Clancy was majorly lenient with yellow cards especially for a few Killie fould in first half, if Gollum was the ref there would have been about 12 bookings and both Pasquali and Eremenko would have got reds for the penalties. Superscoreboard will discuss it at great lengths once the deal with all of the suicidal tic fans moaning about their treble

Very difficult to see from BBC Alba footage whether Eremenko deliberately blocked the ball with his arm or not. Think we have been slightly fortunate to get the award.

Thommo's sclaff trundling in was amusing. Just as well Samson dived the wrong way or he could have walked over and saved it.

The second one was never a penalty in a million years.lol.gif

It would seem that Dayton suffers balance problems in that particular penalty box.whistling.gif

The challenge on Mallan by Eremenko could have been awarded as he certainly barged into Mallan leading with his arm. Although he did get a toe to the ball, which maybe swayed the referee.

Edited by FTOF