Crowd Funded Corporate Hospitality - Season 2015-2016

Div is there not a possibility of the club setting up a table for this sole purpose? These are the people that put their cash in year in year out and not just turning up for a work freebie and as already been pointed out bringing in new cash source that would go from season to season.

Do you mean a table where punters can just buy an individual seat mate ?

You can already to do that, there are shared tables there every week. Me and Mrs DIv have been a couple of times on our own and just got chucked in to a shared table with another small group. I've never had a bad time yet !

Have to agree with Mr Zo Div it will turn into a nightmare trying to keep everyone happy. You can see all the bickering kicking in.

Its a great idea and helping the club at the same it. Me thinks we should do what has been done in the past. Put a thread up who fancy's a BAWA table for certain games.

On the phone to Bobbie last night who told me my I promised my Niece hospitality against Rangers. mmm ! Cant remember saying that she must have filled me up with alcohol first

Do you mean a table where punters can just buy an individual seat mate ?

You can already to do that, there are shared tables there every week. Me and Mrs DIv have been a couple of times on our own and just got chucked in to a shared table with another small group. I've never had a bad time yet !

No one set aside for your idea , the money is raised and put into the club when it has all been collected , unlike game to game bookings.This also means a busier room during the C grade games.

£22 for a west stand ticket, £40 for top end curry with drinks, £62 + £20 at the tile bar and you have a stonking hospitality deal. Who wants to go crowd funding this? No Admin or hassle required.

Aye and no supporting St Mirren on a financial level , seriously do you really love the club do you not want to see the club raise us much cash as possible , no wait don't answer that I know your answer

Why don't we try get the big tent set up in the Car Park for all home matches.

Seems it was a success.

We could even get a huger tent and let away fans join in the fun .

He has a point. Take away the cost of the season ticket from his argument and you can see how much margin is involved in hospitality.

I attended last season and the meal was very poor in comparison to previous years when Encroute had the contract.

Many of us support the club through ST, raffles, programmes, merchandise, etc.

Hospitality for the majority of St Mirren supporters is just not affordable. I'd sooner we introduced a beer tent and some burger vans.....or even developed the void.

I only went to the pay as you go setup last year and the food certainly wasn't as good as it was the previous season. I just put that down to the fact it was a cut down service though.

He has a point. Take away the cost of the season ticket from his argument and you can see how much margin is involved in hospitality.

I attended last season and the meal was very poor in comparison to previous years when Encroute had the contract.

Many of us support the club through ST, raffles, programmes, merchandise, etc.

Hospitality for the majority of St Mirren supporters is just not affordable. I'd sooner we introduced a beer tent and some burger vans.....or even developed the void.

The standard of food certainly dropped and there was a bigger rush to usher you out post game than previous seasons, cutting down the drinking time!

Club have come back with an offer of £1640 +vat per seat for the season (£1968 inc VAT)

I have asked to clarify that the full service will be running for every game, and whether this figure includes league or league & cup.

Assuming it was league games only (I will update when I hear back from CK) and using my example of a table of 12 this would equate to;

Total Cost for table of 12 for the season = 12 x £1968 = £23616

Total number of seats for the season = 18 x 12 = 216

Cost per seat = £109

It's not striking me as being particularly good value, not sure what you guys think ?

Will need to see the corporate brochure for this season to compare apples, but last season's pricing was (prices inc VAT);

£180 for Celtic

£138 for Motherwell & Aberdeen

£114 for everyone else

I'm not sure it's really worth all the hassle of organising it to save a fiver for most matches. I will check what the package includes and come back to you but let me know what you think ?

Kick in the nuts, I would have been up for it but will simply pay for the days I want to go rahter than take a lottery shot for a minimal discount.

A very good idea though

I wonder what a day out at away matches would work out at. I know Div has went to a few away days at hospitality and I have been to a few as well. It's not helping our club but that's their loss if they aren't playing ball.

Also, it wouldn't feel like your paying for your seat twice at the same game, if you're a season ticket holder.

Imagine 20 of the this forum at Morton for hospitality.

Carnage.

"Shull could arrange the transport"

Edited by El Gingero

Realisticly the offer is a joke. A guarenteed sake like this should have a significant discount

Total cunts at times out club and again Kennedy proves his total lack of expertise. Folk lick his atse but my personal dealings are not positive

Had he forgotten to wipe?

Offt I would have thought you would have got a fairer deal than that Div. That's quite poor. Considering the majority of people going will already have season tickets.

I'd say £85 a seat would have been more reasonable. The club would still make decent wonga off that.

Really???

How much would they make then? You have no idea do you?

Just plucked a figure out the air and claimed the club would make decent Wonga!!!

When you look at your 85 quid the VAT is about £14 leaving £71.. £22 for a match ticket takes it to £49. So for £49 St Mirren pay for 3 course meal wine, all the drink you can drink, half time tea coffee and bite to eat, glass of fizz on arrival and whats left is profit.

Decent Wonga I think not!!!

People on here should really engage brain before posting pish!!!

But hey it's never going to happenlol.gif

It's a good deal.

What some need to remember is that there are people who have committed to season long hospitality packages already, some read this forum.... Publicly broadcasting a cheaper deal wouldn't be good business from CK.

Some questions would be raised if this was quite a bit cheaper.

Commercial details can be sensitive.

Edited by davidg

QOS Response to my message earlier.

Our full hospitality package is priced at £90 per person. This includes a 3 course meal and all drinks throughout the day.

For tables of 10 or more we can reduce the cost to £85 eat person.

If you need any further information please feel free to contact me further.

What an excellent idea - it's stuff like that that we need! I'm not sure the numbers are going to stack up, the argument of the guaranteed business doesn't seem to be exciting CK it seems....can't be worried about the business but from what I understood it wasn't at full capacity last year but I suppose he needs to balance this off against businesses going for similar deals. TBH, I don't see it being too much of a stretch to sort something out for a fans group. If the season long idea doesn't work, then perhaps a B&W army day could be sorted on one of the quieter games at a favourable rate.

I think the club has put an "ok" deal on the table. We are basically looking at £83 +vat per person. If we could deal with the VAT element I think that would fly but given that people wouldn't be able to pick their games, the admin involved and the transaction fees it's just not tempting enough for me to run with it as the original idea.

I'd definitely be up for organising a corporate jolly for B&W Army a couple of times during the season though. Let's wait for the fixtures and pick a game before Xmas and then another one towards the end of the season and see how many bodies we can get going along ?