Lee Mcculloch?

dr rotund

I agree, i don't think a lot of our fans are being realistic about who we can afford or attract to the club. These guys would be determined to show that they still have some life left in their careers and this could only benefit us.

Says the guy who started a thread proposing we sign a guy currently on between 5k and 10k per week !!!!

Fair point, but all 3 players you mention were infinitely better footballers, and they had no excess baggage unlike McCulloch.

Infinitely better?

McCulloch played over 500 games in the top flight in England and Scotland, scored over 100 goals and 18 caps for Scotland. He played in the premiership for a number of seasons.

Mcgowne & reilly's careers weren't nearly as successful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no lover of McCulloch. I'm not even advocating we sign him.

Big problem for me is that he is loaded and was earning a fortune. How likely is he going to put in a shift for us? Mcgowne, Reilly & millen needed the cash so were prepared to work hard.

My point is solely that we've signed guts in the past at an advanced age and who weren't silky players and who did us a turn.

The fact that McCulloch is ex rangers should not cloud judgement.

I seem to recall extracts fro his (ghost written) autobiography in which he stated that he lied to Wigan, his employer at the time, about an injury to help pave the way for his move to Oldgers. Wage thief is a phrase used frequently, most times unfairly, on this forum. His actions as described are as close as you get to definition.

Don't want him near our club.