Stephen Mckenna

aldo_j

Have Queens not had all their decent players taken already?

Pretty much. Holt, Durnan, Reilly and Carmichael are all away. The rest of the high profile good ones like Lyle are already under contract.

Dunno much about McKenna. Think he's a holding midfielder so I await people jumping to the immediate conclusion that interest in him means Goodwin is out the door.

Pretty much. Holt, Durnan, Reilly and Carmichael are all away. The rest of the high profile good ones like Lyle are already under contract.

Dunno much about McKenna. Think he's a holding midfielder so I await people jumping to the immediate conclusion that interest in him means Goodwin is out the door.

We need at least 2 defensive midfielders.

FFS, many teams play with 2 defensive midfielders in every game!

I've always been of the opinion that a couple of brutal thugs in midfield goes a long way.

I always like to hark back to the 80s but the best by a long way was Aberdeen with Neale Cooper & Neil Simpson in the centre of midfield. They dominated games and let guys like Strachan, Stark & Weir do their business.

Guy at work who covers Queens every week says McKenna is basically Goodwin without the red cards. Will break up play and pass but not very creative. Fine with me, lets Mallan and the likes of Agnew and Carey (if they sign) get on with that side of things.

Only downside is he's apparently injury prone.