Signing 1St Div Players To Stay In 1St Div

Cheap = Craig , Ball etc Never any money available despite bringing in over half a million £ in season ticket sales recently. Too many people swallowing the propaganda and still showing blind faith.

This

I don't mind signing players from the lower leagues,plenty of good players out there.

Alan Gow is not a good start imo

Cheap = Craig , Ball etc Never any money available despite bringing in over half a million £ in season ticket sales recently. Too many people swallowing the propaganda and still showing blind faith.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand your point. Are you saying that there is hundreds of thousands of pounds being kept in reserve, salted away, hidden by directors? Oh, and what is the propaganda you refer to?

To be fair billy, I don't understand your point either.

rabuddies is correct. The accounts every year quite clearly show that the club spends all available income.

Its not about the amount of money that we have been spending its been about how its been spent. and wasted.

You reckon we can run a football club packed full of Premier League players for half a million quid?

FFS Billy you're just embarassing yourself here.

Just to help Billy and Big Yards out with their arithmetic, an SPL quality player (IF we could even persuade him to come here) would cost around £1000 a week and probably up to £1500.

For a squad of 11 of these, that would be an annual wage bill alone for those guys of between £600k and £900k and that before we pay for the bills, the rest of the squad, the stadium, the staff etc. etc. etc.

This is why your average football fan simply cannot be trusted to run a professional football club.

The lack of intelligence is simply staggering.

That £500k Billy is talking about? We're looking at needing to keep wages at about 50-60% of earnings so that leaves us with about £300k for wages.

We'll have a bit more than this once we get some TV money, parachute payments etc but Billy mentioned that number so let's go with it.

Out of that £300k, we need a squad of about 20 (ignoring the rest of the players and assuming - wrongly - they'll be paid nothing).

That's an average annual wage of £15k per player or around just under £300 a week.

Are you starting to understand the problem Big Yards and Billy??????

Well i'm sure Thommo will be on a decent wage if he signs as will Goodwin but i would be looking for bargains for the other experienced players. We have 3 already by the look of it and i'd say we need at least another 3 or 4 experienced players on top of that.

£300 per week bargain?

Because that's the sort of ballpark you're talking about here.

Don't know of many SPL standard players prepared to work for that sort of sum.

The quicker fans start to understand how basic finance at the club works, the sooner we'll be happier.

So what if we sign championship level players. I don't seem to remember any of the 05/06 league winning team being "premier" players. And the millennium season certainly wasn't, it was full of run of the mill journeymen and effective players from the lower leagues.

Charlie Adam, kirk broadfoot, John Sutton, Simon Lappin. All either under contract with a premiership team or premiership quality. Not exactly Agnew, McKenna and over the hill Gow!

Charlie Adam, kirk broadfoot, John Sutton, Simon Lappin. All either under contract with a premiership team or premiership quality. Not exactly Agnew, McKenna and over the hill Gow!

Charlie Adam was a virtually unknown youth player when we signed him on loan from Rangers. Kirk Broadfoot had just been released by Hibs. Lappin came through our youth system and had never played in the top flight and Sutton had just been released by Millwall.

Were any of them regarded as Premiership quality back then? If so, why?

Charlie Adam was a virtually unknown youth player when we signed him on loan from Rangers. Kirk Broadfoot had just been released by Hibs. Lappin came through our youth system and had never played in the top flight and Sutton had just been released by Millwall.

Charlie Adam was well known from his year long loan at Ross county as one of the best up and coming youngsters in the country.

Kirk had proven the year before when we finished 2nd that he was a cut above.

We all knew Lappin was going to get a big move at that point because of his great left foot and deliveries

And Sutton had scored a barrel load for raith which gave him the chance to move to millwall in the championship.

None of the current batch of players are anywhere near the standard of player that all 4 of the above were. It wasn't a case of them coming through and becoming top players with us, we all knew during the league winning season that they were class players

£300 per week bargain?

Because that's the sort of ballpark you're talking about here.

Don't know of many SPL standard players prepared to work for that sort of sum.

The quicker fans start to understand how basic finance at the club works, the sooner we'll be happier.

I wasn't talking about SPL standard i was meaning experienced players from the lower leagues who might be able to do a job in the championship, Murray might have a few in mind.

You reckon we can run a football club packed full of Premier League players for half a million quid?

FFS Billy you're just embarassing yourself here.

You misunderstand as usual. Having just brought the ST money in, the support deserve at least a wee sign that the club may be up for the fight this season. Sadly, the signing of the known to be hopeless Gow is a kick in the sacks for those who have just dug deep for their STs. Fortunately I'm not one of them , and never will be again, at least not when this lot are in charge !

Charlie Adam was well known from his year long loan at Ross county as one of the best up and coming youngsters in the country.

We all knew Lappin was going to get a big move at that point because of his great left foot and deliveries

And Sutton had scored a barrel load for raith which gave him the chance to move to millwall in the championship.

None of the current batch of players are anywhere near the standard of player that all 4 of the above were. It wasn't a case of them coming through and becoming top players with us, we all knew during the league winning season that they were class players

So your answer is no, no one knew they'd become premiership quality then? Of course they didn't, and anyone who claims otherwise is simply lying. Looking 'class' in the Championship and making it in the top flight are very different things.

Charlie Adam year long loan spell? He only played 11 games for Ross County. Your pushing the definition of 'well known' there. Sutton, Broadfoot and Lappin were proven in the first division as it was then, no higher.

I think Mallan is a better player than Lappin was at his age, and unlike Simon back then, he's a proven performer in the top flight. As is McGinn, despite having a poor season last year.

I'm sure we will unearth yet more players through our youth academy and through signings that will go on to have a career in the top flight in Scotland or higher.

It's over 5 weeks to our first competitive game, if you're going to panic about signings, shouldn't you leave it till July at least...?

Why dont we wait to see who Murray brings in. Two previous player you mentioned, Adam and Sutton were signed at the end of August that season and proved to be key.

So your answer is no, no one knew they'd become premiership quality then? Of course they didn't, and anyone who claims otherwise is simply lying. Looking 'class' in the Championship and making it in the top flight are very different things.

Charlie Adam year long loan spell? He only played 11 games for Ross County. Your pushing the definition of 'well known' there. Sutton, Broadfoot and Lappin were proven in the first division as it was then, no higher.

I think Mallan is a better player than Lappin was at his age, and unlike Simon back then, he's a proven performer in the top flight. As is McGinn, despite having a poor season last year.

I'm sure we will unearth yet more players through our youth academy and through signings that will go on to have a career in the top flight in Scotland or higher.

It's over 5 weeks to our first competitive game, if you're going to panic about signings, shouldn't you leave it till July at least...?

McGinnis leaving after he sues us!

You misunderstand as usual. Having just brought the ST money in, the support deserve at least a wee sign that the club may be up for the fight this season. Sadly, the signing of the known to be hopeless Gow is a kick in the sacks for those who have just dug deep for their STs. Fortunately I'm not one of them , and never will be again, at least not when this lot are in charge !

Understand the concerns especially after the last two shambolic summers.

Murray is really wanting to bring players with Premiership experience to the club, but unfortunately most of those players are holding out to see if they can get another gig in the top flight for obvious reasons. We're just going to have to be a wee bit patient with this but the sort of player he is after is encouraging IMO.

You're right. We should just blow a lot of money right now, regardless of whether we've got the right player or not. Just spend the money so that the idiot minority of fans have got something tangible to encourage them to keep their toys in their pram...

Sadly, the signing of the known to be hopeless Gow is a kick in the sacks for those who have just dug deep for their STs. Fortunately I'm not one of them , and never will be again,

Then why the f**k are you acting like a 13 year old diva?

This doesn't affect you.

The thing that some on here may not realise is that a lot of work may be going on behind the scenes to recruit players and that just because a lot of bodies are not coming into the club does not mean nothing is happening. Also players and agents are on holiday too so delays will be unavoidable. Time to stop knickerwetting by certain people on here and have faith in the manager.

The thing that some on here may not realise is that a lot of work may be going on behind the scenes to recruit players and that just because a lot of bodies are not coming into the club does not mean nothing is happening. Also players and agents are on holiday too so delays will be unavoidable. Time to stop knickerwetting by certain people on here and have faith in the manager.

I have faith in the manager, it's the board I don't trust!