Club Shop Rebranded

Again, to go back to a point I made earlier - do our BOD not realise that the Celtic signage going up was bound to upset many Saints fans, and a lot of the upset could have been eased by a few words from them about why they have sanctioned the deal - and the temporary signage.

Temporary signage? Our board have a habit of letting signage become semi-permanent once it's up (incomplete HOF Boards) or down (missing letter above entrance for over the year). If Celtic don't remove it after last game I wonder how quickly we will spend money to update it?

Temporary signage? Our board have a habit of letting signage become semi-permanent once it's up (incomplete HOF Boards) or down (missing letter above entrance for over the year). If Celtic don't remove it after last game I wonder how quickly we will spend money to update it?

Fair point. If Celtic don't remove it, our BOD will leave it there for over two years. Someone will e-mail them to complain about the sign and they'll need to take a walk outside to see what the problem is.

The shop is privately run.Maybe the abuse should be aimed at the guys who run the shop.

£££££££

It's rented out by the club. Virtually every rental agreement will cover signage and other external features, at least in passing.

When we played Celtic a few years back I remember we had split scarves for sale. I don't know if it was Morton or Smith's (our commercial partners) who were responsible but either way it was a horrific sight and one that I don't think the club would want to be responsible for again.

Meanwhile over the past few weeks a large photo-mural has been installed at Cappielow showing last season's title winners in glorious technicolor. There is a sense of pride about the entrance to our stadium that's been missing for some time. Say what you like about the state of the ground in general but this is one area they've got right.

Celtic have played youth games at Cappielow for years now but they get the pitch and the other matchday facilities - that's it. The idea that they'd get any kind of branding whatsoever just wouldn't occur to anyone at Morton because we have a sense of pride in our club.

If another team's crest was showcased at Cappielow, Morton fans simply wouldn't stand for it. There wouldn't be the mealy-mouthed mitigation you're seeing on this thread No chance. Anyone who's not up in arms about this needs to give themselves a shake. Credit to the fans who are expressing their outrage about this, though.

It's rented out by the club. Virtually every rental agreement will cover signage and other external features, at least in passing.

When we played Celtic a few years back I remember we had split scarves for sale. I don't know if it was Morton or Smith's (our commercial partners) who were responsible but either way it was a horrific sight and one that I don't think the club would want to be responsible for again.

Meanwhile over the past few weeks a large photo-mural has been installed at Cappielow showing last season's title winners in glorious technicolor. There is a sense of pride about the entrance to our stadium that's been missing for some time. Say what you like about the state of the ground in general but this is one area they've got right.

Celtic have played youth games at Cappielow for years now but they get the pitch and the other matchday facilities - that's it. The idea that they'd get any kind of branding whatsoever just wouldn't occur to anyone at Morton because we have a sense of pride in our club.

If another team's crest was showcased at Cappielow, Morton fans simply wouldn't stand for it. There wouldn't be the mealy-mouthed mitigation you're seeing on this thread No chance. Anyone who's not up in arms about this needs to give themselves a shake. Credit to the fans who are expressing their outrage about this, though.

Fanny.

I love my clob yes Stewart perhaps should have told the fans in advance but really this three match package is a great deal for us I would hazard s guess at around £200k with hopefully a couple of Celtic gems on loan.Just my opinion of course.

Don't be silly mate.

You seem to have forgotten to mention the numerous Sellic and sevco strips that are worn at Crappielow any time we play you.

You seem to have forgotten to mention the numerous Sellic and sevco strips that are worn at Crappielow any time we play you.

You're right, I forgot to mention something totally irrelevant to the point at hand. Just like I forgot to mention the Battle of San Jacinto, the invention of penicillin, and heirloom carrots.

Pride comes before a fall.

Some morons on here, blah blah, betrayed, blah blah. Get real...... See Hearts see Sevco- deaths do happen. Its Money lets take it and use it. Celtic are a big club, if it was Albion Rovers I still would not have a problem. So some on here take your false betrayal and whatever and if you have a problem, you pay into club what Saints are getting for this, if it buys a player its great news

The BoD of St Mirren do not need to tell us the Celtic deal is worth X, Y, or Z. If they gave two hoots about how some St Mirren fans would react to seeing an 'Old Firm' sign go up at our home though, then it would have been an absolute doddle to head off some of the reaction by smoothing things over a bit in advance with some words of explanation. I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I have now reluctantly come to the conclusion that they really don't give a fcuk what we think - unless of course it is either time to renew STs.... or take it up the arse for The Rangers. The only time they can be arsed now to make a statement is when SMiSA eventually awake them from their slumber with a sharp stick.

Knickerwetters and keyboard warriors indeed.

Edited by pozbaird

You're right, I forgot to mention something totally irrelevant to the point at hand. Just like I forgot to mention the Battle of San Jacinto, the invention of penicillin, and heirloom carrots.

So it's ok for soap dodgers to wear strips of other clubs while supporting the soap dodgers but it's meltdown because we negotiate a fine bit of business for the Club.

Don't want to read this whole thread but this whole thing disgusts me. Div is right, there are a few things that money can't buy - dignity being one - but we've just sold ours.

Go on and have a good read. f**king hilarious. One of the best for dafty seethe.

Our Stadium has been rented out .

No big deal.

As others on here have said, I've no issue with us leasing the stadium. Celtic and rangers reserves have used our grounds over the years, it's nothing new. As a financial agreement, it suits us.

What irks me is the fact that we are allowing Celtic to deface the stadium and promote themselves in our community ( so called 'one town, one team') and target our potential future supporters.

The fact that Celtic go to these lengths and have thought about signage throughout the stadium, shows the differing approaches and professionalism between the clubs. If there is one positive then let it be that st.mirren are taught a valuable lesson in brand management and marketing.

As others on here have said, I've no issue with us leasing the stadium. Celtic and rangers reserves have used our grounds over the years, it's nothing new. As a financial agreement, it suits us.

What irks me is the fact that we are allowing Celtic to deface the stadium and promote themselves in our community ( so called 'one town, one team') and target our potential future supporters.

The fact that Celtic go to these lengths and have thought about signage throughout the stadium, shows the differing approaches and professionalism between the clubs. If there is one positive then let it be that st.mirren are taught a valuable lesson in brand management and marketing.

Where is the Celtic signage throughout the stadium?

the way our BOD work we probably paid them to use our ground .

ONLY A JOKE. we moan that no income comes into new ground if it gets us up who cares (we sold our home ground and less was made of that )

but we did let old co use love street for there reserves games some years back ,

after a couple off weeks new season will start we will have more to worry about ,

I wondered how long it would take for our manky friends to make a reappearance. wink.png

Sadly, I absolutely agree with everything you say.....