Club Shop Rebranded

Not that bothered at all really. If we can we can sign another player or two on the revenue created from these 3 games that allows us to make a real go at getting promoted then its ok with me.

Bigger things in life to worry about than Celtic playing a couple of games at St Mirren Park.

That's not what people are bothered about.

Is every St.Mirren sign coming down? and will they be back up for our home game in the Petrofac Training Cup against Berwick Rangers on the 25th July.

No and the grass will still be green.

Bloody lhiberty

We've played in Morton strips at Cappielow and had to wear Rangers socks at Ibrox all in the not too distant past.

Smacks of being by far the smaller club when our home is being taken over but if this results in greater income for the club why not? Have to be pragmatic if we are making money (which hopefully we are)...

I'm genuinely quite surprised that a good few folk aren't bothered by this.

How often do we bemoan the number of Paisley and Renfrewshire people who slavishly roll up at Ibrox and Celtic Park, yet seem fine with blatantly marketing one of them right next to the main entrance of our stadium. It is preposterous, and I trust the unfussed among us won't be complaining about people failing to support their local club in future?

I don't see the connection Drew. I am unfussed about the shop sign, but I still bemoan and am scunnered by so many people in and around towns like Paisley, Falkirk and Greenock who worship at the bigot brother altar...

A counter-argument could be made that while aspects of this Celtic deal are unpalatable, the money raised is genuine extra unbudgeted income - which helps us compete not against Celtic, but against Falkirk, Queens, Hibs and the Sevco Franchise.

Again, to go back to a point I made earlier - do our BOD not realise that the Celtic signage going up was bound to upset many Saints fans, and a lot of the upset could have been eased by a few words from them about why they have sanctioned the deal - and the temporary signage.

They really do not give a fcuk about what we think, they really don't.

I don't see the connection Drew. I am unfussed about the shop sign, but I still bemoan and am scunnered by so many people in and around towns like Paisley, Falkirk and Greenock who worship at the bigot brother altar...

A counter-argument could be made that while aspects of this Celtic deal are unpalatable, the money raised is genuine extra unbudgeted income - which helps us compete not against Celtic, but against Falkirk, Queens, Hibs and the Sevco Franchise.

Again, to go back to a point I made earlier - do our BOD not realise that the Celtic signage going up was bound to upset many Saints fans, and a lot of the upset could have been eased by a few words from them about why they have sanctioned the deal - and the temporary signage.

They really do not give a fcuk about what we think, they really don't.

With the "outrage" going on here you really believe a statement from the board would have helped?

Aye, of course it would. bye1.gif

FFS, there's a picture of the Pope in the dressing room, seemingly. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Maybe after 6years at NSP the board will now provide some cover for the disabled, especially as we will now be getting some cash from the deal with the other football club renting OUR ground.

Disabled fans can piss off - money raised should go to updating the HoF boards! Pah... They already get parking nearer to the turnstiles than other fans, what more do they want?

Boo, moan, gripe....

The deal to rent the stadium out was fine by me, I've already stated that fella, I am sure it was a good deal commercially and if that strengthens us as a club then all good.

My gripe here is that the Celtic crest is on our walls, replacing the St.Mirren crest.

To me that is a step too far. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

Agreed.

The only thing wrong with the 'deal' between the clubs is allowing those manky signs on our stadium.

It just looks SO wrong.

Got a text and a photo of the shop from a Celtic supporting mate - along the lines of 'Eh, eh, how does that make you feel? Eh!'...

I didn't bite. I merely replied, 'Doesn't make me feel anything, it's just the shop sign, must be part of the deal that sees us earn a nice wedge for letting you play there'.

Stopped any slagging dead in its tracks. Stone dead. All he could come back with was 'Oh aye, fair enough'.

Don't give them the satisfaction!

Edited by pozbaird

Back in the day, didn't we play under floodlights that were donated to us (or sold to us very cheaply) by Rangers? (remember them? - dead club, used to only sign Proddies, played out of Govan, you must remember them?...)

Anyway, they used to sit on top of their main stand and we used them. Didn't Rangers also once donate footballs for pre-match warm ups and training purposes to St Mirren too?

My knickers remain completely untwisted in regard to a shop sign.

Edited by pozbaird

How would everybuddie feel if they knew they had replaced the Saints pictures in the tunnel with Celtic ones................

:green:green:green:toilet:toilet:toilet:boo2::boo2::boo2:

Never mind that, what about Campbell getting in ten kegs of Magners cider and dressing up in a Riverdance outfit.

well accept it cos it's happening. Celtic paying a load of money to use our stadium. We would be stupid to turn down the cash that would pay two players wages for a season.

1 average player.

Any idea what figures were agreed for this agreement with Celtic Gary?

I believe the number 6 is in the figure and it was followed by some zeros.

Edited by davidg

Disabled fans can piss off - money raised should go to updating the HoF boards! Pah... They already get parking nearer to the turnstiles than other fans, what more do they want?

Boo, moan, gripe....

You forgot the pink ponchos lol

Maybe after 6years at NSP the board will now provide some cover for the disabled, especially as we will now be getting some cash from the deal with the other football club renting OUR ground.

The covered area for disabled fans is being looked at.Its at the back of the main stand.(just below the Celtic badge).

Your home is your castle. Our castle should not have a Celtic sign attached to it.

Merchandise van, fair enough. Signpost/sandwich board directing people to their store, fair enough.

But don't rip any remaining soul out of our already soulless feeling football ground. Some may think this is an overreaction, but I'll struggle to call it our home ground after this. The home of the highest bidder..

Your home is your castle. Our castle should not have a Celtic sign attached to it. Merchandise van, fair enough. Signpost/sandwich board directing people to their store, fair enough. But don't rip any remaining soul out of our already soulless feeling football ground. Some may think this is an overreaction, but I'll struggle to call it our home ground after this. The home of the highest bidder..

Your castle already looks like it came out of a Kinder Egg, in fairness.