Club Shop Rebranded

I've got an idea. Why don't we have a Rangers Shop at one corner of the stadium, and a Celtic shop at the other corner? Think of the money we could make?

That's what it's all about, isn't it?

They already tried that on the High Street. One town, one football club.

Some grown ups on here. This is about Money- not selling the jerseys or losing identity .

Our club leaves revenue, attendances are falling, and so is our league status

I say well done SG, and fact its Celtic is by the by.

So we couldn't have negotiated a deal where they rented the stadium without any temporary re-branding?

Perhaps I should ask the Fans Council reps, they seem to be privy to this sort of information...

Can't say I'm that bothered to be honest. Another club is renting the ground and it's a good deal for both parties. Seems to me that all it displays is Celtic's professionalism in doing some branding, while we still cannot update the HoF boardsssssssss... fades to distance.

Celtic players will be in the home dressing room, Celtic fans will be in the home stands, a Celtic mascot in a big furry hound suit will be poncing around our ground.

I genuinely don't care much about this branding TBH. Good to see there must be a decent relationship between both clubs at boardroom level.

Gie's a signing!

Do you think the paint job their doing inside will be dry before tonight. whistling.gif

Some grown ups on here. This is about Money- not selling the jerseys or losing identity .

Our club leaves revenue, attendances are falling, and so is our league status

I say well done SG, and fact its Celtic is by the by.

Your season ticket sales have increased on last year.

Is the crest coming down though? As far as I can see, our club crest is still there and the only thing that's changed is the club shop sign.

The board should have absolutely let the fans in on this piece of information though.

They've covered up the one above the players tunnel with a temporary green bigot badge.

Saw it on STV last night when they were previewing the game.

It annoyed me at first and then I thought of more important matters.

Is the crest coming down though? As far as I can see, our club crest is still there and the only thing that's changed is the club shop sign.

The board should have absolutely let the fans in on this piece of information though.

The crest is on the original shop sign, and in the picture that was taken this morning it is lying on the pavement with the celtic crest up in it's place on the new sign. I think that is what pissed me off the most.

The board aren't going to come out and say the deal is worth £x or £y as it is a commercial agreement between the clubs.

Hosting the games themselves makes complete sense, I've no issue at all with it, I just think there is a line of class and that this rebranding, however trivial it might seem, is over that line.

Where would I draw the line? If they were up on a cherry picker putting a Celtic sign on our main stadium sign.... The shop doesn't bother me in the slightest.

You'll change your tune when you see the pics of Dalglish, Johnstone and Larsson in the HoF ! Edited by bingboy

The crest is on the original shop sign, and in the picture that was taken this morning it is lying on the pavement with the celtic crest up in it's place on the new sign. I think that is what pissed me off the most.

The board aren't going to come out and say the deal is worth £x or £y as it is a commercial agreement between the clubs.

Hosting the games themselves makes complete sense, I've no issue at all with it, I just think there is a line of class and that this rebranding, however trivial it might seem, is over that line.

Not proud to be a Buddie today.

I do agree with that div. But I think a few people going over the top. 2 weeks and it will be gone. Why the mass hysteria

Now now, no need to bring religion into this.

No need for supporters to turn against each other - I am not bothered by the shop sign, others are - absolutely no reason to fall out.

What DOES bother me are our BOD. All it takes, all it bloody well takes, is a quick article on the club website explaining that this re-branding is happening, and while they understand it might rub folk up the wrong way - here's the deal... and then explain a bit why it is a good deal.

Their communication is absolutely fcuking pathetic, a fcuking boot in the baws is what they need.

Aye, once again a bit of PR savvy would have solved the problem. The only official word from this is them selling another sumptuous hospitality package with entry through the exclusive Virgil van Dijk door.

Say it was happening, acknowledge some fans might not be too happy about it but point out this deal will ensure the manager has the best possible budget for the upcoming season. Job done.

Drew, St Mirren gave up the claim to be the local club for local people years ago when Gilmour and the board starting putting price tags on everything. Even two days ago Gilmour was claiming he was making the club more family friendly by charging fans an extra £100 per season per adult and £50 per season per child to spend a few minutes in the stadium prior to matches where Dads can get pished and kids can play Xbox games. The man hasn't got a clue IMO

snore.gif

How much money do we lose each week from the droves of buses all leaving paisley on a Saturday to go to Glasgow for either one of the ugly sisters instead of supporting the one and only team in their town.

Now doing this just seems like Celtic rubbing it in ffs, can see the point yea we're getting money but is it worth actually taking down saints signs and closing the shop I presume for a few weeks?? Selling whatever soul new St.mirren park had I reckon