St Mirren V Livingston League Cup 2Nd Round 25/8/15

shull

Hope we play to our strengths in this. It is a cup tie. Since Mikey has been released from his team picking duties, I'll go

---------------------------------Langfield--------------------------------------

Watson------------Baird----------------------Kelly ---------------Stewart

McMullan----------Goodwin---------------Mallen-----------------Morgan

-----------------------Gallagher---------------Thompson------------------

Straightforward 4-4-2 and go for it.

Edited by insaintee

Not going to this one.

Went down to the ground before the Dumbarton game to get a replacement season ticket - paid £5 for the replacement. Went to the Dumbarton game, didn't work, steward took it off me. E-mailed the club on the Monday and they said they would post it out. Ordered my Morton ticket online afterwards and got that fine. Still waiting for my smart card, but it's passed deadline to reserve my seat and with Livingston likely getting a section of West Bank, I'm not risking not being able to get my seat next to my mate where I've sat for several years.

Usual poor service.

Not going to this one.

Went down to the ground before the Dumbarton game to get a replacement season ticket - paid £5 for the replacement. Went to the Dumbarton game, didn't work, steward took it off me. E-mailed the club on the Monday and they said they would post it out. Ordered my Morton ticket online afterwards and got that fine. Still waiting for my smart card, but it's passed deadline to reserve my seat and with Livingston likely getting a section of West Bank, I'm not risking not being able to get my seat next to my mate where I've sat for several years.

Usual poor service.

That's a dead sad post. icon12.gifcloud9.gifwhistling.gif

P.S. There will be plenty of empty seats.

Not going to this one.

Usual poor service.

The service from the club is usually poor. I can't honestly say the last time I needed something resolving for which they are responsible , it got done first time.

As for emailing the club ? Waste of time , I've never received a response using that method ( yes did use email address correctly ) they just generally are poor at customer service.

That said , back to the game ,

Saints 4 - 1 Livi

Edited by whydowebother

We've managed to stumble through our two cup games against fourth tier opponents this season. However, we haven't managed to beat a team from the Championship, and we really haven't looked like doing it either. Two home games against Livi in five days is surely as good a chance as we are going to get to right that.

With this game tomorrow it's all about getting through, as always in a cup match I would take a snooze inducing 0-0 and progression via penalty shoot out. Getting knocked out would certainly raise some eyebrows.

Would guess Stewart will replace Conlon and maybe Morgan in for Howieson from Friday. Hopefully the experienced spine of Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson remains undisturbed.

Langfield

Watson-Baird-Kelly-Stewart

Goodwin-Carswell

McMullan-Agnew-Morgan

Thompson

Will go for Saints 2-1 Livi (aet).

We've managed to stumble through our two cup games against fourth tier opponents this season. However, we haven't managed to beat a team from the Championship, and we really haven't looked like doing it either. Two home games against Livi in five days is surely as good a chance as we are going to get to right that.

With this game tomorrow it's all about getting through, as always in a cup match I would take a snooze inducing 0-0 and progression via penalty shoot out. Getting knocked out would certainly raise some eyebrows.

Would guess Stewart will replace Conlon and maybe Morgan in for Howieson from Friday. Hopefully the experienced spine of Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson remains undisturbed.

Langfield

Watson-Baird-Kelly-Stewart

Goodwin-Carswell

McMullan-Agnew-Morgan

Thompson

Will go for Saints 2-1 Livi (aet).

I wonder if IM would be tempted to go for a diamond midfield 4

Langfield

Watson Baird Kelly Stewart

Goodwin

Carswell Agnew

McMullan

Thommo Gallagher

I guess it depends wether IM thinks Thommo and Jim can play 2 games in a week!

Saints 3 Livi 1

Think it would be definitely worth trying out Thommo and Gallagher together up top. Our problem so far, in my opinion, has not been in defence but in forward areas, so maybe try being a bit more direct in this game and see how it goes.

Have Goody holding the midfield, give Carswell a rest, and have one of Agnew or Mallan playing further forward, with two wingers. Livi are a bit shite anyway, and if it doesn't work, we'll have a better idea of what team to put out on Saturday against them.