Sack The Board!

To be fair, getting rid of said managers IS what a lot of Saints fans wanted at the time.....

You are 100% correct and I fully admit I was one of them, what I am saying with regards to Danny Lennon, is although I and many others wanted him to go, the way he was got rid of was deplorable and had I others known the BOD,s had planned to replace him with Tommy Craig, the BOD,s would have learnt the supporters did not want this. I stated before that if Danny Lennon was no longer to be the manager, the last thing I wanted was Tommy Craig.

I do not wish to see the back of the current board but I do wish they would make their current position clear with regards to the Ian Murray situation.

Ah thats what all those loans were for. Thought for a minute there the accounts were worse than last year.... Oops they still are!

How would you know? You clearly struggled with point 19 earlier, so why would we trust someone who can't decipher the accounts in the first place to tell us whether they are good or bad?

How would you know? You clearly struggled with point 19 earlier, so why would we trust someone who can't decipher the accounts in the first place to tell us whether they are good or bad?

According to him everything and everyone trying to do good for the club is bad.

Fair enough, I didn't think you were man enough to admit you were wrong and I was right.

I do find it quite insulting that after 14 years of running this site for ALL St.Mirren fans that I could seriously be accused of stifling free speech on the forum.

The last post I deleted from the forum was actually in 2012.

Would that have been from the 10.000 whores thread ?

post-8992-0-55705300-1449006375_thumb.jp

Think about it for a minute, we left Love Street debt free (including the board), went to a brand new stadium, got a purpose built training complex, but other than that magic event 17/03/2013 St Mirren's Day.... We have had a pretty poor run, sacking/ditching managers along the way who despite their errors and constraints stabilised us as a Premiership team.

However any successful manager (relative to what we see as successful) or manager picking up a national trophy has been let go for a much cheaper, totally inexperienced dud! But one group at the club have remained ever since, presiding over our sad demise, and seem content now to see out the season with their current dud manager as long as Alloa finish below us.

Can you guess who they are yet?

Everything they have put into the club, they get/want back out. Everything the support put into the club, we want it to stay in and hopefully allow us to improve, thrive and survive.... But then again as someone recently said "They/I... Know more about football than the supporters"...!

Perhaps they truly do, and we are the tactically naive, incompetent, error ridden assembly of football misfits..?

Dear Lord, if you put money into any business by way of loans you are entitled to take them back out, if the company is solvent and capable of paying the money.

I think in practice achieving that at Saints is a gamble, so their only hope is to find a buyer for their shares.

Do you expect them to put money into St Mirren FC Ltd and then instantly write it off?

Dear Lord, if you put money into any business by way of loans you are entitled to take them back out, if the company is solvent and capable of paying the money.

I think in practice achieving that at Saints is a gamble, so their only hope is to find a buyer for their shares.

Do you expect them to put money into St Mirren FC Ltd and then instantly write it off?

They can, and do whatever they want, they have colluded to control the company. My gripe is with the board and the posters who believe the board shouldnt be criticised because they are the only ones to put money into the club. When in fact the supporters put millions in each year, and dont expect to get it back out, but have little form of redress against a consortium, running the club into the ground, who control the majority shareholding.

The board are wholly responsible for the performances and the shocking accounts.

They can, and do whatever they want, they have colluded to control the company. My gripe is with the board and the posters who believe the board shouldnt be criticised because they are the only ones to put money into the club. When in fact the supporters put millions in each year, and dont expect to get it back out, but have little form of redress against a consortium, running the club into the ground, who control the majority shareholding.

The board are wholly responsible for the performances and the shocking accounts.

I don't think I've ever read a post where anyone has suggested that the board are beyond either reproach or criticism............from what I've read posters tend to defend the board when certain others criticise absolutely everything they do on every level (repeatedly).

I don't think I've ever read a post where anyone has suggested that the board are beyond either reproach or criticism............from what I've read posters tend to defend the board when certain others criticise absolutely everything they do on every level (repeatedly).

Then you clearly aren't reading all the posts.

If you can establish where I Have criticised the board for in your words "absolutely everything they do on every level" l will buy you a pint!

Happy hunting...

Starter for 10... 'Airdome' did I criticise them for that Smisa funded iniatitive?

Then you clearly aren't reading all the posts.

If you can establish where I Have criticised the board for in your words "absolutely everything they do on every level" l will buy you a pint!

Happy hunting...

Starter for 10... 'Airdome' did I criticise them for that Smisa funded iniatitive?

I'll raise your 10 and ask you to quote where I mentioned you.......you didn't clearly read one post!!

Edited by WeeBud

Do you use the Celtic Seville calculator for your arithmetic on Saints supporters putting millions into the club each year?

If our average gates are circa 4000 and if we assume that the average cost of a ST is £250 and covers Pay at the gate, Kids, Students, OAPS, etc then basic maths would say that we take in around £1M in gate receipts.

There must be some fans who have enormous appetites for pies and programmes.

I think you will find that more revenue is derived collectively from other areas such as sponsorship, hospitality trackside advertising, TV, etc than is gained through the fans paying through the gate.

And the vat man will also take 200K out of the £1M

Do you use the Celtic Seville calculator for your arithmetic on Saints supporters putting millions into the club each year?

If our average gates are circa 4000 and if we assume that the average cost of a ST is £250 and covers Pay at the gate, Kids, Students, OAPS, etc then basic maths would say that we take in around £1M in gate receipts.

There must be some fans who have enormous appetites for pies and programmes.

I think you will find that more revenue is derived collectively from other areas such as sponsorship, hospitality trackside advertising, TV, etc than is gained through the fans paying through the gate.

Is that a lot more, or a lot less than the board pay-in, and never want back?

I've certainly never had to remortgage my house or cash in my pension to buy a season ticket, so it's all relative.

Allan Marshall has helped to run our club since the 1980's without ever taking payment. Others made significant financial sacrifices to save our club when we were looking doomed. Some of them are successful businessmen, but I'm sure they could have been more successful in their profession had they not invested hundreds of hours and financial capital in a struggling football club.

Seriously if you think you are capable of doing a better job, then why not front a successful takeover bid by raising money against your house, pension or business or are you all talk?

Can you please explain then why basic common sense and commercial acumen appears to have desserted these "Succesful Businessmen"?

Was it when the £££££,s signs appeared before their eyes as the consortium took a detour down Douglas Street?

I've certainly never had to remortgage my house or cash in my pension to buy a season ticket, so it's all relative.

Allan Marshall has helped to run our club since the 1980's without ever taking payment. Others made significant financial sacrifices to save our club when we were looking doomed. Some of them are successful businessmen, but I'm sure they could have been more successful in their profession had they not invested hundreds of hours and financial capital in a struggling football club.

Seriously if you think you are capable of doing a better job, then why not front a successful takeover bid by raising money against your house, pension or business or are you all talk?

I think your missing the point of the thread. There are certain fractions who would prefer to sit in the sides and bitch about the owners of a business running their own business.