Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

To be fair, they only managed 2nd place because they didn't gain enough points.

69 points wouldn't have won the league in 18 out of 20 seasons and wouldn't have landed 2nd place in some of them....

He did drastically improve Dundee though and that's what we need them to do with us. I'd be over the moon with a 2nd place finish next season.

But in his 3rd season he was sacked after going on a 7 game run without a victory, 5 were defeats.

They had only won 3 out of 12 games so it was a poor start.

Let's hope there's not a second chapter of poor excuses about their time with us.

Still better than our start this season

I have to admit I was dubious on his appointment but I listened to him on sportsound last night and was pretty impressed , he has identified already we have an unbalanced squad in terms of age between veterans like thommo Goodwin etc and the young boys and we need more hungry players in their prime ( mid to late twenties ) something my dad and I have been saying for weeks , good luck to him , I'm sure if he wins the next two the fans will be right behind him

Here's the podcast (Rae on for first 10 mins ) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cjwqg

Edited by gazmc83

Surely the essence of "debate" is to present an argument? My argument was that nobody on the BOD cares who you are or what you think and I feel I presented that very succinctly, no?

The inference of my statement is, however, that you're a tedious bore who spends far too much time on this forum repeating himself over and over in a, quite frankly, sad attempt to gain attention and legitimise your own argument whilst continuing to grind your axe against anything connected to the club.

How's that for eloquence?

I have to agree with you, Given the ripping yarn told at the AGM on Monday night I dont think the BOD care what any of us thinks!

You have made a very valid point! See you in Alloa.

Having had time to think this latest appointment over I find myself feeling quite optimistic about having Rae at the helm.

I always look back on managers playing days as a steer into what sort of person/leader they may develop into. Gus was an organiser on the pitch, taking others with him.

Danny was too, also a thinker which is a rare talent among pro footballers. Murray in start contrast was 'Vanilla' as a player, not in the forefront, not leading, never standing out.

Fergie was a thinker in his playing days, and took those around him, with him, TC never struck me as a leader among men as a player.

Rae is in the Gus/ Danny mould, a thinker who wants to grab the situation by the scruff of the neck and lead, this I see in his playing days, and brief stint at Dundee.

What also pleases me is his attitude to the job, he got it yesterday, was in among the players and set up and will be in the dug out today... As he says "leading from the front".

Murray chose to sit in the stands after he was appointed, and fecked off on holiday and coaching courses rather than get the squad assembled!

So I look forward to Rae's tenure, and hope he continues to carry on leading!

Surely the essence of "debate" is to present an argument? My argument was that nobody on the BOD cares who you are or what you think and I feel I presented that very succinctly, no?

The inference of my statement is, however, that you're a tedious bore who spends far too much time on this forum repeating himself over and over in a, quite frankly, sad attempt to gain attention and legitimise your own argument whilst continuing to grind your axe against anything connected to the club.

How's that for eloquence?

I'm quite sure the BoD don't give a fk about most of the stuff on this forum.

So maybe div should maybe just shut the forum down?

Or maybe folk should just post stuff u agree with?

Having had time to think this latest appointment over I find myself feeling quite optimistic about having Rae at the helm.

I always look back on managers playing days as a steer into what sort of person/leader they may develop into. Gus was an organiser on the pitch, taking others with him.

Danny was too, also a thinker which is a rare talent among pro footballers. Murray in start contrast was 'Vanilla' as a player, not in the forefront, not leading, never standing out.

Fergie was a thinker in his playing days, and took those around him, with him, TC never struck me as a leader among men as a player.

Rae is in the Gus/ Danny mould, a thinker who wants to grab the situation by the scruff of the neck and lead, this I see in his playing days, and brief stint at Dundee.

What also pleases me is his attitude to the job, he got it yesterday, was in among the players and set up and will be in the dug out today... As he says "leading from the front".

Murray chose to sit in the stands after he was appointed, and fecked off on holiday and coaching courses rather than get the squad assembled!

So I look forward to Rae's tenure, and hope he continues to carry on leading!

Kind of agree with this. Except Rae should really have taken a month long holiday

I'm quite sure the BoD don't give a fk about most of the stuff on this forum.

So maybe div should maybe just shut the forum down?

Or maybe folk should just post stuff u agree with?

Maybe you could read the posts first before nobly joining the fray to support your pal? It wasn't about what I agree with or not. It was about incessant trolling of the same opinion over and over on each available thread. You know what I mean?

Maybe people should just make their point and not subject us to the same shite every few hours or, and I'm going out on a limb here, they could create alias after alias each season, continue to spout the same shite and it would take us all at least a few weeks to figure out who it was? I'm sure that one rings a bell?

DLBUD why are you trolling me? is life a bit grim at the mo? Go find something exciting to fill your time. I am en route to Alloa and fair looking forward to the saints starting to turn it round.

So now it's trolling and not debate?

Yes, I saw your, well balanced, post earlier and I'm happy that you've found some peace although I do wonder what brought about your very public outpouring of good cheer. Maybe it's the season?

Life's good at the moment thanks. I'm enjoying a bit of the Florida sun and have a fun filled day planned with my family.

Edited by DLBud

So now it's trolling and not debate?

Well, he should know as he is the master of this repugnant type of behaviour.

Fortunately I've got the trolls on ignore.thumbup2.gif

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Lord Pityme. View it anyway?

Edited by FTOF