Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Don't care about Rae's past. Don't care who he supports. Don't care about how he comes across in interviews.

All I care about is results. Deliver them and he could become a legend. Fail to and he will be next on the ever growing scrap heap.

Yes there's a song about 6'2" jet black hair played for the H*ns but we don't care.

Same applies.

Edited by Kendo

So now it's trolling and not debate?

Yes, I saw your, well balanced, post earlier and I'm happy that you've found some peace although I do wonder what brought about your very public outpouring of good cheer. Maybe it's the season?

Life's good at the moment thanks. I'm enjoying a bit of the Florida sun and have a fun filled day planned with my family.

"enjoying the Florida sun" yet can't keep away from this forum lol.gif

Maybe you could read the posts first before nobly joining the fray to support your pal? It wasn't about what I agree with or not. It was about incessant trolling of the same opinion over and over on each available thread. You know what I mean?

Maybe people should just make their point and not subject us to the same shite every few hours or, and I'm going out on a limb here, they could create alias after alias each season, continue to spout the same shite and it would take us all at least a few weeks to figure out who it was? I'm sure that one rings a bell?

You took time out from your family holiday in Florida to post that drivel? :lol:

You read it!

Of course he read it - you read his posts is there any difference ? you have to accept that people are going to have different opinions to you and if they bother you so much, put them on ignore and unlike the other troll FTOF don't put them on ignore and then comment on their posts, that's just silly.

You can tell a troll a mile off...!

The last thing the post about is the game, f**k em we got three points and a clean sheet!

Not that I would desire to be enmeshed in all this bickering, but...

This post is flawed severely, LPM - that's if you were trying to diss DLBud or ftof.

The last thing in that post, above - after you've trolled others - is about the game.

I could tell that a mile off. :)

Of course he read it - you read his posts is there any difference ? you have to accept that people are going to have different opinions to you and if they bother you so much, put them on ignore and unlike the other troll FTOF don't put them on ignore and then comment on their posts, that's just silly.

Look mate, the other day I took exception to another negative post by Pityme and effectively told him so. A bit of banter ensued as a result and a few people took sides as normally happens in any debate. Nobody got particularly upset and there weren't any silly threats or such like as, I imagine, we're all adults.

This is what the forum is about, no?

Pityme is a grown man and if he wants to step out of the debate he can stop firing snidey posts back or simply stop posting on the thread?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your help on here and I certainly don't require your moderating skills to enlighten me on how to navigate the forum and the bad men I disagree with.

Troll seems to be an oft used word on here and there are certainly some users who cannot wait to fire off a smart arsed comment as soon as certain others post. I'm not one of them and I'm sure my post count over the years will support that unlike some others.

So, I'll continue to post as and when I choose going forward without, hopefully, upsetting any particular demographic.

Look mate, the other day I took exception to another negative post by Pityme and effectively told him so. A bit of banter ensued as a result and a few people took sides as normally happens in any debate. Nobody got particularly upset and there weren't any silly threats or such like as, I imagine, we're all adults.

This is what the forum is about, no?

Pityme is a grown man and if he wants to step out of the debate he can stop firing snidey posts back or simply stop posting on the thread?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your help on here and I certainly don't require your moderating skills to enlighten me on how to navigate the forum and the bad men I disagree with.

Troll seems to be an oft used word on here and there are certainly some users who cannot wait to fire off a smart arsed comment as soon as certain others post. I'm not one of them and I'm sure my post count over the years will support that unlike some others.

So, I'll continue to post as and when I choose going forward without, hopefully, upsetting any particular demographic.

Thanks

To the tune of 'My Old Man's a Dustman'...

His name is Alex Rae, and he worked with big Paul Ince,

He always got the sack, cos' his boss was utter mince.

Now he's with the Buddies, and everything's alright,

Give him half a chance, and we might not be so shite...

Oh, my old man's a du.....

To the tune of 'My Old Man's a Dustman'...

His name is Alex Rae, and he worked with big Paul Ince,

He always got the sack, cos' his boss was utter mince.

Now he's with the Buddies, and everything's alright,

Give him half a chance, and we might not be so shite...

Oh, my old man's a du.....

your old man was obviously not a lyricist lol.gif

Great start from the new manager. Time for people to get over themselves and get behind the team again. If Saints can be a stepping stone for greater things then that would be ideal for both parties. It didn't work with IM and it would now appear the correct decision has been made that a new man was needed.

AR has been respectful and talked up the club in the last week, he has made it clear that he wants to assess things with a hands on approach, comes across well in his interviews and for all the clamour to slate his allegiances as long as he continues to win and treat our club and all associated with it with respect then what is the problem?

Some are never happier (at least it would appear from on here) than when they are miserable and pointing out all that is wrong with our club. Time to support again and give the new man a chance. The board have got plenty wrong with their appointments recently, but have they honestly done it to alienate the fan base? Have they done it to run the club down and devalue their investment and time spent on saving it? Some posters really need to have a long hard look at themselves, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, you are either too young or too deluded to realise how bad things were in the 90s both on and off the field. Yes it would be great to be back in Europe chasing the glory days of the late 70s and early to mid 80s, but financial prudence off the field has secured our future. We could have been just like Clydebank with a decision to make as to whether to support Thistle, Morton or Dumbarton or give up football outright.

Yes new ideas and fan engagement would be nice at times. Yes a united vision for our future would be great. Yes a better product on the pitch would make most of us a lot happier about Saints in general, but just simply get back to supporting the club and giving the new man a chance. If it doesn't work and he is mince judge him on that and what changes you see on the pitch, but so far its 3 points out of three, a few encouraging interviews, a clean sheet, two up top and not capitulating when we took the lead.

Edited by Bart Simpson