We Desperately Need New Players!

I'm not saying he should move to England I don't really get the comparison with Allan. He played 8 games for United before moving down south.

As for him not being a first team regular, I dread to think where we would be without him. Stunning goal at Livi to win us a vital 3 points and a superb free kick at Kirkcaldy to get us a point. Six goals from midfield in half a season in a rubbish team.

If that's him when he's 'not ready', I'm looking forward to seeing how good he is when he is ready.

So who do you think in Scotland would feel Mallan was so ready, and so much better than what they have that they would want to pay cash to sign him?

It's like when you get the bosses secretary in a Pipefitting fabrication shop. She gets far more attention off the guys in there than her looks would get her at the pub or at in a nightclub. Here we're talking about a very average young footballer who wouldn't have got a regular start in a very average St Mirren midfield but fortunately for him he's landed at the club at the point where the midfield is one of the worst I've witnessed at the club in my lifetime.

Yeah Allan is older, but he wasn't when he headed to West Brom and never got a game. He was still better than Mallan then though. He's just not ready TC - nowhere near it. He probably shouldn't even be a first team regular at St Mirren at this stage in his career and probably wouldn't have been even in the side of 2 years ago.

No he wasn't. I've seen a lot of Scott Allan and it's fair to say that Russel and Armstrong carried him on their shoulders to West Brom.

I've also seen a fair bit of Billy King, Sam Nicolson, Barry McKay, Garry McKay-Stevens, Dylan McGeoch etc. Mallan is at the very least in that category

So who do you think in Scotland would feel Mallan was so ready, and so much better than what they have that they would want to pay cash to sign him?

It's like when you get the bosses secretary in a Pipefitting fabrication shop. She gets far more attention off the guys in there than her looks would get her at the pub or at in a nightclub. Here we're talking about a very average young footballer who wouldn't have got a regular start in a very average St Mirren midfield but fortunately for him he's landed at the club at the point where the midfield is one of the worst I've witnessed at the club in my lifetime.

Scottish teams don't pay cash any more, but there;s not a team in Scotland would not be happy to take him. Playing him in the first team is a different question. How many teams in Scotland have midfield's consisting of nineteen year olds?

I don't think anyone will be paying cash for Mallan. The best place for him to be at this stage in his career is here, playing week in week out.

There's very few teenagers who are ready for regular first team football. Is there any teenagers playing week in week out in the Scottish top flight? Certainly not that I know of.

If he was very average he wouldn't have scored so many goals. There's plenty of average midfielders in the league. Experienced players who play as much as Mallan but don't deliver as much as he does. Guys like Agnew, for example.

No he wasn't. I've seen a lot of Scott Allan and it's fair to say that Russel and Armstrong carried him on their shoulders to West Brom.

I've also seen a fair bit of Billy King, Sam Nicolson, Barry McKay, Garry McKay-Stevens, Dylan McGeoch etc. Mallan is at the very least in that category

I'm not sure why you are hyping up Mallan, but he's not in the same category as Nicholson, McGeoch or McKay-Stevens. He's not even close. McGeoch playing in the same league is always dangerous in a match, get the ball to him and you believe he'll do something special. He's certainly got it in him to be a match winner - at this level. Can you honestly say the same thing about Mallan? Mallan flits in and out of matches despite playing centrally. Give him the ball and I've never felt excited about what he's going to do. McKay-Stevens and Nicholson have a great deal more pace. They aren't necessarily technically better, but they are stronger, faster and more effective in matches. I guess that's why McKay-Steven was a big money signing for Celtic and why Nicholson is starring in a side sitting third in the top flight. Of those three McKay-Steven is the only one I'd say could get a game for a side in the lower half of the English Premiership.

Mallan may be in the same category as King. I like King, He's a confident player that bubbles with enthusiasm for the game but for all that he's not quite setting things on fire yet. Maybe if he'd had another season at this level it would have helped him more. He'll maybe get there with more experience. Mallan is the same but I don't get the same feeling of enthusiasm from him when he plays.

I can't comment on Barry McKay as I really haven't see much of him at all.

If you compare Mallan to his predecessors at St Mirren he's far more of a Craig Malloy than a Ricky Gillies, Paul Lambert or even Jamie Fullerton.

I don't think anyone will be paying cash for Mallan. The best place for him to be at this stage in his career is here, playing week in week out.

There's very few teenagers who are ready for regular first team football. Is there any teenagers playing week in week out in the Scottish top flight? Certainly not that I know of.

If he was very average he wouldn't have scored so many goals. There's plenty of average midfielders in the league. Experienced players who play as much as Mallan but don't deliver as much as he does. Guys like Agnew, for example.

I'd agree with that TC - where I joined this was to quell some of the uber hype you were giving about him. He needs to stay put, learn his game, develop some muscles and show he's got the ability to achieve in the game. He's nowhere near there yet. If he jumped in a time machine and went back two years he wouldn't be anywhere near the St Mirren midfield and those were hardly halcyon days.

I'm not sure why you are hyping up Mallan, but he's not in the same category as Nicholson, McGeoch or McKay-Stevens. He's not even close. McGeoch playing in the same league is always dangerous in a match, get the ball to him and you believe he'll do something special. He's certainly got it in him to be a match winner - at this level. Can you honestly say the same thing about Mallan? Mallan flits in and out of matches despite playing centrally. Give him the ball and I've never felt excited about what he's going to do. McKay-Stevens and Nicholson have a great deal more pace. They aren't necessarily technically better, but they are stronger, faster and more effective in matches. I guess that's why McKay-Steven was a big money signing for Celtic and why Nicholson is starring in a side sitting third in the top flight. Of those three McKay-Steven is the only one I'd say could get a game for a side in the lower half of the English Premiership.

Mallan may be in the same category as King. I like King, He's a confident player that bubbles with enthusiasm for the game but for all that he's not quite setting things on fire yet. Maybe if he'd had another season at this level it would have helped him more. He'll maybe get there with more experience. Mallan is the same but I don't get the same feeling of enthusiasm from him when he plays.

I can't comment on Barry McKay as I really haven't see much of him at all.

If you compare Mallan to his predecessors at St Mirren he's far more of a Craig Malloy than a Ricky Gillies, Paul Lambert or even Jamie Fullerton.

FFS

Your the one who started to compare him with Allan and other players of that age. I'm saying he's as good as him and a whole range of so called superstar youth talent some of which went on to deliver (McKay Stevens, Armstrong, to a degree Forest) and some who never( Wylde, Allan, Gauld)

Will he go on to deliver or not I don't know and neither does anyone else. But the boy has bags of potential

None of these players scored goal of the season as a teenager.

It's like when you get the bosses secretary in a Pipefitting fabrication shop. She gets far more attention off the guys in there than her looks would get her at the pub or at in a nightclub

FFS.

Seriously?

Have a look at yourself, man!

Edited by Drew

Conlan & Reid out = Farrell in

I reckon we'll have to move players on before we can get anyone in and that usually requires sweetening the deal for the guys leaving although I suppose the reverse applies too if we free up some cash we may be able to pick up someone from an SPFL club - as ever pray for a hit but be prepared for a miss.

The clock is ticking and we're still desperate for new players. It would have been a bit of a boost before this week's home game to have a new signing, can we achieve a miracle and actually win at home? I would suggest that we'll struggle with what is at our disposal at this moment in time. There are still a few days before the game, we can but hope!

The clock is ticking and we're still desperate for new players. It would have been a bit of a boost before this week's home game to have a new signing, can we achieve a miracle and actually win at home? I would suggest that we'll struggle with what is at our disposal at this moment in time. There are still a few days before the game, we can but hope!

I wouldn't hold out much hope for getting someone in before Saturday. If previous seasons are anything to go by it will be last minute before the window closes.

January windows tend to result in clubs taking a punt, it has always been the case. For every Isma and Dorman you get lucky with, there are dozens of hopeless players who are available because they are not wanted elsewhere. We just need to look at who Rae is likely to be wanting to hunt out the door.

Perhaps the radio silence is an indication that hee haw is happening on the signing front after all.