Saint For A Day

The bidding is now open for ‘Saint for a Day 2016′.

St Mirren fans are once again being given the chance to ‘live the dream’ while helping out the Youth Development Programme at the same time.

At 2:00pm on Sunday 24th April two teams – one home and one away – made up of St Mirren fans will kick-off a match that will be played on the pitch at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. There will be 15 players per team (11 starters and 4 subs) with 28 out of the 30 shirts being made available to bid on in an auction of which all proceeds will be donated to the St Mirren Youth Development Programme.

SMiSA will raffle off the number 5 shirt for each side but every other shirt is up for grabs in the auction.

The day will consist of:

* Playing the game on the pitch at St Mirren Park.

* Wearing an official team strip which you will also get to keep after the game.

* The teams will be managed by St Mirren assistant manager David Farrell and first team player Jim Goodwin.

* Man of the Match Award for a player from each team.

Each team will consist of 15 players (11 starters and 4 substitutes) with 28 team places being up for grabs in an auction which is now started.So to have a chance to take part in ‘Saint for a Day’ you need to place your best bid for the shirt you would like to wear and you can do that by sending your bid (minimum bid is £100) by e-mail to [email protected]. In the e-mail you must declare which team you are bidding to be in (home or away) and which shirt number (1-4, 6-12 & 14-16) for that team you are bidding on. You can also bid by phone on (0141) 882-0925.

We also ask that you include contact details in the e-mail along with your bid.

The rules are as follows:

* Bidding is now open and will close at 2:00pm on Thursday 21st April.

* You must be 18 years of age or over to both bid and take part in ‘Saint for a Day’.

* By bidding in the auction you are declaring that you (or the person you are bidding for) are fit and well to take part in this event.

* All leading bidders will be notified by e-mail.

* In the instance of getting two identical bids for the same shirt number in the same team, the earliest entry – either by e-mail (date and time stamp) or phone call – will be accepted as the leading bidder.

* All winning bidders will be contacted shortly after the auction closes.

* Payment must be made by no later than 4:00pm on Friday 22nd April. In the case of non payment by the closing date the shirt will be offered to the next highest bidder for that particular shirt.

* Payment can be made by cash, credit card or debit card at the stadium’s main reception. Credit or debit card payments can also be made over the phone at (0141) 889-2558 (option ’5′).

Hmmmm, over 18 , fit and well ?? Hope there are St Andrews ambulance reps in attendance

Should be limited to max age of 35 and max weight of 13 stone, after all, its all about elf n safety

Some folk get carried away and look awfy silly in fitba strips when they get on a bit whistling.gif

Jist sayin like..................

Hmmmm, over 18 , fit and well ?? Hope there are St Andrews ambulance reps in attendance

Should be limited to max age of 35 and max weight of 13 stone, after all, its all about elf n safety

Some folk get carried away and look awfy silly in fitba strips when they get on a bit whistling.gif

That would rule out Thommo and Goodwin!

I played last year and it was great, hope the weather is better this year though it was torrential.

Anyone know when the SMISA raffle opens and how you enter?

Edited by irvine_buddie

Yes! I'm 35 and 12st 12lbs, I might make the cut!! :)

£100 MINIMUM?

Oooft, that will rule out a considerable percentage of supporters.

I understand the reasoning but this could be seen as a "them and us" situation.

Just my view.

Could have a directors special and field a cheaper team.

As part of a two-time champion golf day winning team.... I don't think my Danny Willett-esque* talent lies on the football field. I'll stick with the Pringle-clad fannies at Paisley GC.

* That's big Dan Willett, an overweight 13 hadicapper fae' Queenzieburn, not Danny Willett, the newly-crowned Masters champion. Terms and conditions apply.

Edited by pozbaird

The bidding is now open for ‘Saint for a Day 2016′.

St Mirren fans are once again being given the chance to ‘live the dream’ while helping out the Youth Development Programme at the same time.

At 2:00pm on Sunday 24th April two teams – one home and one away – made up of St Mirren fans will kick-off a match that will be played on the pitch at the Paisley 2021 Stadium. There will be 15 players per team (11 starters and 4 subs) with 28 out of the 30 shirts being made available to bid on in an auction of which all proceeds will be donated to the St Mirren Youth Development Programme.

SMiSA will raffle off the number 5 shirt for each side but every other shirt is up for grabs in the auction.

The day will consist of:

* Playing the game on the pitch at St Mirren Park.

* Wearing an official team strip which you will also get to keep after the game.

* The teams will be managed by St Mirren assistant manager David Farrell and first team player Jim Goodwin.

* Man of the Match Award for a player from each team.

Each team will consist of 15 players (11 starters and 4 substitutes) with 28 team places being up for grabs in an auction which is now started.So to have a chance to take part in ‘Saint for a Day’ you need to place your best bid for the shirt you would like to wear and you can do that by sending your bid (minimum bid is £100) by e-mail to [email protected]. In the e-mail you must declare which team you are bidding to be in (home or away) and which shirt number (1-4, 6-12 & 14-16) for that team you are bidding on. You can also bid by phone on (0141) 882-0925.

We also ask that you include contact details in the e-mail along with your bid.

The rules are as follows:

* Bidding is now open and will close at 2:00pm on Thursday 21st April.

* You must be 18 years of age or over to both bid and take part in ‘Saint for a Day’.

* By bidding in the auction you are declaring that you (or the person you are bidding for) are fit and well to take part in this event.

* All leading bidders will be notified by e-mail.

* In the instance of getting two identical bids for the same shirt number in the same team, the earliest entry – either by e-mail (date and time stamp) or phone call – will be accepted as the leading bidder.

* All winning bidders will be contacted shortly after the auction closes.

* Payment must be made by no later than 4:00pm on Friday 22nd April. In the case of non payment by the closing date the shirt will be offered to the next highest bidder for that particular shirt.

* Payment can be made by cash, credit card or debit card at the stadium’s main reception. Credit or debit card payments can also be made over the phone at (0141) 889-2558 (option ’5′).

Always a good event, Hope its well supported,

£100 MINIMUM?

Oooft, that will rule out a considerable percentage of supporters.

I understand the reasoning but this could be seen as a "them and us" situation.

Just my view.

Yes i agree, but the club set the price and always have done,not sure but i believe it's usually the same.

May i suggest an idea that would bring more money into the pot on the day.In the midst of the fan ownership bid why not include a Director for the day event.The board room can be opened and for the fans who are not fit enough to play can enjoy a pre match drink and sit in the comfy seats and enjoy the match.This is not suggested tongue in cheek as i genuinely believe there are people out there who would enjoy the craic of being a director for the day and make more money for youth development.

May i suggest an idea that would bring more money into the pot on the day.In the midst of the fan ownership bid why not include a Director for the day event.The board room can be opened and for the fans who are not fit enough to play can enjoy a pre match drink and sit in the comfy seats and enjoy the match.This is not suggested tongue in cheek as i genuinely believe there are people out there who would enjoy the craic of being a director for the day and make more money for youth development.

Great idea, i would go further and organise a BBQ/Curry Lunch for after the game, get all the Players(saints for the day) their families, friends and supporters, the youth teams, their families, any squad players available, management team etc all just mingling and having fun. £5 for the lunch all proceeds going to youth development, and I would have it every year.

Bring the club to the fans!

Who fancies a pitch side Barbie & beer? Great event for Smisa to organise.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Great idea, i would go further and organise a BBQ/Curry Lunch for after the game, get all the Players(saints for the day) their families, friends and supporters, the youth teams, their families, any squad players available, management team etc all just mingling and having fun. £5 for the lunch all proceeds going to youth development, and I would have it every year.

Bring the club to the fans!

Who fancies a pitch side Barbie & beer? Great event for Smisa to organise.

This is a good idea, last year they put on a spread after the game but everyone was squeezed in a small room had a quick bite and a chat and then left. If they done it in the hospitality suite or the new supporters bar they could open the bar and get everyones friends and family in and make a bit more money off the bar.