Complain To The Bbc Hearts = Greetin Faced Wee Bottlers

FFS why get all defensive about it? And why the f**k would anyone complain to the BBC. Any claims that St Mirren players threw the match isn't an attack on your integrity or professionalism. Its an attack on the players who played for St Mirren that day.

I was at that game. St Mirren put in a woeful performance and I had Jim Stewart down as the player I'd blame most on that day.

Celtic needed to win by 5. They'd got that by half time and no one kicked a ball - for either side in the second 45.

It was 0-4 at HT and why did sellic need to win by 5?

Kemp, on 08 May 2016 - 20:35, said:Kemp, on 08 May 2016 - 20:35, said:

"Making something up" and "believing any old shite from a mate of a mate down the pub" are fairly similar.

No they aren't "believing "any old shite" may suggest that someone is gullible, but making something up is a conscious act of deceit, two entirely different things.

Edited for bad grammar... Bad boy BOB whistling.gif

Edited by BaldyOzBud

No it doesn't ,believing "any old shite" may suggest that someone is gullible, but making something up is a conscious act of deceit, two entirely different things.

Indeed.

I don't know what to believe in any event, and I'm not sure that anyone else does, either.

Quite why some folk are so exercised about this is beyond me.

Drew, on 08 May 2016 - 21:00, said:

Indeed.

I don't know what to believe in any event, and I'm not sure that anyone else does, either.

Quite why some folk are so exercised about this is beyond me.

Exactly, only the players know the truth and the fact remains that Hearts bottled it that day, and have no-one to blame but themselves.

He was just shite.

This

He was fat,over the hill when he joined us

Anytime he played when Money got injured we got pumped

Stevie Clarke who was by far our best defender wasn't playing either

The highlights never showed the sitter Peter Mackie missed at 0-0 and we were the better team until the first went in

Hearts fecked it up themselves

I was at that game. St Mirren put in a woeful performance and I had Jim Stewart down as the player I'd blame most on that day.

Really? Jim Stewart, an Ayrshire man and former Rangers player. are you really suggesting he lay down to Celtic?

Celtic needed to win by 5.

No they didn't.

They'd got that by half time

No they hadn't.

When we pumped them 6-2, it should have been more. I think it was Tommy Wilson who made a late lung-bursting run down the right, but blootered his shot high and wide. I think I gave Div a copy of the STV 'Bring on the dancing girls!' coverage a few years ago.

Seems simple enough to me. Hearts would have been better off actually needing a win rather than a draw doing them. Caught between two stools, and with a sickness bug seeing them field a weakened side at Dens, they never knew whether to stick or twist, and ended up shitting it.

Being pumped by a rampant OF side is nothing new for St Mirren, or most Scottish clubs. Wasn't there a 'helicopter Sunday' relatively recently where Killie 'lay down' and got pumped rotten by one of them?

Hearts fans need to let it go. Just like I have done with 'the ball through Billy Thompson's legs' at Dens.... and being kicked off the park by Motherwell '77... or Hammarby... or the 2010 LC final... or Brian McGinley being the only person on earth who thought the ball had crossed the line at Hampden.... or Alan Combe... or... or.....

It's not healthy Hearts fans - be like me, forget about the dodgy moments. I have! I can now barely recall them...Erm....

Edited by pozbaird

Really? Jim Stewart, an Ayrshire man and former Rangers player. are you really suggesting he lay down to Celtic?

No they didn't.

No they hadn't.

Jim Stewart lay down too slow to catch the ball.

At that stage of his career he had become a woeful Goalie.

Just like Herriot.

Edited by shull

This

He was fat,over the hill when he joined us

Anytime he played when Money got injured we got pumped

Stevie Clarke who was by far our best defender wasn't playing either

The highlights never showed the sitter Peter Mackie missed at 0-0 and we were the better team until the first went in

Hearts fecked it up themselves

Did Mackie deliberately miss?

Guest TPAFKATS

One game their casuals even joined us on our supporters bus. Ended up driving down Leith Walk with the back door flapping open and came back with half the people we went through with.

I remember it well. I was15 yo and shitting it!

The goals scored that day can be viewed here:

We were up against a team filled with international players who knew exactly what they had to do on the day.

Look at the speed of movement and passing at some of those goals scored, and imagine how the current Celtic team would fare against them now.

A lot was made out of McGarvey congratulating the Celtic players afterwards and then the myth that the whole team laid down grew arms and legs.

I'm sure if you went back through the history books you would find better St Mirren teams lost by an even greater margin.

Second and fifth goals off side. It's a conspiracy

The Hearts team of that era, which Alex McDonald created in his image, were vermin to say the least, and must be as despicable a bunch of thugs and villains assembled in one place at any time since I've been watching football.

Then he left and did the same at Airdrie, who he also turned into pond life.

If any of these dicks are still upset, it's great, and even more so that we've sent them packing in two semi-finals and a final since then.

That arsehole Sandy Clark won't have been as keen to examine the surroundings to the shenanigans behind his 120th minute 'goal' in the semi-final replay at Hampden a couple of years earlier.

Then what, exactly, are you saying?

As it reads.

1. That no fan should take any personal offence at allegations that players threw the match. Its not even for fans to defend. Its the players who should be defending their own reputation

2. That I was at the game. St Mirren put in an incipit performance as they sometimes did, and as the far more frequently do today. Of the team I thought Jim Stewart was the worst performer.

That's it. You are attempting to read into my post when it's really that clear and simple and more laughably you've responded by trying to defend a player whom you have absolutely no idea whether he was proud of his performance that day or not.

*sigh*

I've already told the story.

Close mate of mine worked with former player. Close friend (who knows nothing about fitba....maybe even less than you) brought up discussion he has with former player on night out. Latter talking about playing days, claimed that several 'Celtic minded' members of the team agreed to throw the match, him included. I'm not naming the player as that implicates my mate in breaching a confidence.

I later had a chat in the Scotia Bar with a guy who is mates with a few members of that team - including one who regularly drank in said pub. I brought up story, assuming he would laugh it off. He didn't. He effectively backed it up.

I really don't give a flying f**k whether you think I'm making this up. Ask yourself this, though, why would I make it up? Attention seeking? I'll leave that for others to judge.

It doesn't bother me either way. It was Hearts' title to lose. They blew it.

Which player did you personally hear anout any of this lying down guff from DIRECTLY as you claimed earlier? Edited by oaksoft

See above.

I'm just recounting something I was told. Something I have little reason to disbelieve.

Anyone who thinks this sort of thing didn't/doesn't go on is kidding themselves on.

Again, one minute you said you heard this directly from a player and now you are telling us that ALL of it is second hand hearsay.

FFS you are not coming out of this well.

Cheers Rick.

The point is, I have no reason to make anything up, here. What could my angle be?

People getting all hot under under the collar about it does make me chuckle, however.

The angle is Drew, that you are trying to bask in this ITK pish which ruins the forum snd pisses people off.

If you heard about it purely from a second hand source then you should have said that.

WTF was all that guff about you personally hearing it directly from a player about?

FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

Second and fifth goals off side. It's a conspiracy

You have absolutely no way of telling if the second was offside because when the ball is played you cant see the Celtic striker.

The 5th goal is clearly onside.

Edited by oaksoft

Hasn't it occurred to you that this "mate" and other "mate" (two mates :lol ) could either have been told a half truth or even a load of shite to cover up the fact we got humped?

Even that these "mates" could the have slightly misunderstood or added to this story for effect?

I'm in no position to say if the game was thrown or not, only that it's improbable for so many players to "agree" as a group and others not kick up such a fuss it would not have become public knowledge at the time.

You say you have little reason to disbelieve, leading me to think you quite like the idea.

I prefer to think it's a load of shite.

And worse, he first claimed that he heard it personally directly from a player before backpaddling.