St Mirren v Ayr United Challenge Cup Quarter Final 13/11/16

shull

As I said earlier I think we will win, going to go for 2-1 and a Clarkson double.

Followed by loads of posts like 'turned the corner, season starts here... ' etc. Then we will go and lose at home to Dunfermline next week. Kinda similar to what happened after we beat Hibs in the last round.

FT 2-1

Another correct score, should really bet on these.

We were beaten there until we started getting balls into big Sutts. Said it before and will say it again, play him every week and he will score 15-20. He must play every minute of every game, it's unbelievable to think he's been dropped at points this season. On the balance of play we deserved to go through.

This competition doesn't really matter of course, but a wins a win. Now for the really big one, Dunfermline at home next week.

That is the 3rd game we have scored late against them. They have lost late goals in plenty of other games as well, so fitness may be a problem with them and with winter coming it will be harder for p/t teams to stay fit. Now hope for the other Saints to win today/

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 2-1

Another correct score, should really bet on these.

We were beaten there until we started getting balls into big Sutts. Said it before and will say it again, play him every week and he will score 15-20. He must play every minute of every game, it's unbelievable to think he's been dropped at points this season. On the balance of play we deserved to go through.

This competition doesn't really matter of course, but a wins a win. Now for the really big one, Dunfermline at home next week.

A definite confidence booster. Still a massive game next weekend but if we can win we find ourselves right back in the mix!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Regarding Ayr, they're quite clearly not better than us individually.

They're better managed though. That's why they will likely stay up this season and we'll likely go down. They make the most of what little they have and we don't.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good to see the better managed team winning.

Who to believe. :rolleyes:

Poor TC making an utter clown of himself again. :lol:

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

They're 10 points above us in the league, despite being a worse group of players.

Why do you think this is?

Worse group of players? :1eye

There you go again, your bitterness towards Ross, and blaming him for everything that goes wrong, is grating already.

You are a relentless bore and will continue this line as long as Ross is manager as you still can't get over Gus.

For what it's worth I was underwhelmed when Ross was appointed but I'm still hopeful he can turn things around.

It's obvious you are not.  :byebye

Worse group of players? :1eye

There you go again, your bitterness towards Ross, and blaming him for everything that goes wrong, is grating already.

You are a relentless bore and will continue this line as long as Ross is manager as you still can't get over Gus.

For what it's worth I was underwhelmed when Ross was appointed but I'm still hopeful he can turn things around.

It's obvious you are not.  :byebye

I never mentioned Jack Ross or Gus MacPherson once in this thread. What a bizarre rant.

We have been poorly managed all season. Mainly by Alex Rae, but more recently by Jack Ross. Although his involvement has been minimal as he inherited a hopelessly disorganised team, he's still made mistakes., Like dropping Sutton.

Our poor management is why Ayr are so far ahead of us in the league, despite clearly being no better than us. That's us played them 3 times this season and we've won 2 and drew 1.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Regarding Ayr, they're quite clearly not better than us individually.

They're better managed though. That's why they will likely stay up this season and we'll likely go down. They make the most of what little they have and we don't.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I never mentioned Jack Ross or Gus MacPherson once in this thread. What a bizarre rant.

We have been poorly managed all season. Mainly by Alex Rae, but more recently by Jack Ross. Although his involvement has been minimal as he inherited a hopelessly disorganised team, he's still made mistakes., Like dropping Sutton.

Our poor management is why Ayr are so far ahead of us in the league, despite clearly being no better than us. That's us played them 3 times this season and we've won 2 and drew 1.

Yeah, you never mentioned Ross right enough, although as he's our manager I would suggest you are clearly Implying the Ayr manager is better than him.

As for Gus, you don't need to mention him, you always have him in your thoughts.

What a sad person you are. :lol:

Yeah, you never mentioned Ross right enough, although as he's our manager I would suggest you are clearly Implying the Ayr manager is better than him.

As for Gus, you don't need to mention him, you always have him in your thoughts.

What a sad person you are. :lol:

I would suggest that McCall is a better manager than Ross yes. His track record and experience would certainly go along with that.

I'll leave the personal abuse to you bud, hope you're having a good day.