How Can We Help the Board?

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

get the ownership back of the pie shops etc,the prices they charge and wages they pay,it must be a very good profit,kick the carrs out or whoever it is,money to be made

The Carrs are a big Saints supporting family who put a lot back into the club.Maybe we should look at other streams of revenue we currently outsource.

2 minutes ago, David Mc said:

With our luck this season it's probably Aeroflot and the Luftwaffe.

Good to know.  I have also asked a well placed friend to ask around at a well known airline.

If only the people in charge used the combined "intelligence" and contacts of the fans!!!!!

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

Have the fans used their intelligence to contact those in charge at the club?

Hmm, this is interesting. A candidate for members rep on the board who claims that customers who don't immediately contact the business board with suggestions lack intelligence. 

In most businesses the board of directors will actively seek out opinions and suggestions from their customers, often offering incentives for their opinions and advice. Indeed given a web forum where their customers will meet to discuss their experiences of their products and services in an open and honest manner usually business board members would be all over it using it as a valuable tool for business intel. Yet, it appears, at St Mirren FC - a club bottom of the Championship, struggling to do basic repairs on facilities and equipment where there should be no shortage of ideas on how to improve on the low quality product on offer - it appears that the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer, along with SMiSA members representatives on the board should sit back and assume everything is fine unless a customer actually sends them a personal e-mail. 

I haven't contacted Gordon Scott or Tony Fitzpatrick, or David Nicol directly with my views and opinions. I also haven't contacted any other SPFL clubs with my views and opinions. I have however posted them on here, and e-mailed to offer assistance to SMiSA - where I was thanked and told to await a phone call - and to James Fowler, where my attempts to help him with his problem using the same "innovative tool" he used to try to locate players has been absolutely ignored.

Indeed the complacent manner in which the club board, the CEO and indeed the supporters organisation have operated has been brought into sharp focus - for me anyway - by the fact that it was a board member from a different club who noticed my comments on this forum and who decided I had said something interesting enough to make an approach to meet me for a chat about it. 

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, this is interesting. A candidate for members rep on the board who claims that customers who don't immediately contact the business board with suggestions lack intelligence. 

In most businesses the board of directors will actively seek out opinions and suggestions from their customers, often offering incentives for their opinions and advice. Indeed given a web forum where their customers will meet to discuss their experiences of their products and services in an open and honest manner usually business board members would be all over it using it as a valuable tool for business intel. Yet, it appears, at St Mirren FC - a club bottom of the Championship, struggling to do basic repairs on facilities and equipment where there should be no shortage of ideas on how to improve on the low quality product on offer - it appears that the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer, along with SMiSA members representatives on the board should sit back and assume everything is fine unless a customer actually sends them a personal e-mail. 

I haven't contacted Gordon Scott or Tony Fitzpatrick, or David Nicol directly with my views and opinions. I also haven't contacted any other SPFL clubs with my views and opinions. I have however posted them on here, and e-mailed to offer assistance to SMiSA - where I was thanked and told to await a phone call - and to James Fowler, where my attempts to help him with his problem using the same "innovative tool" he used to try to locate players has been absolutely ignored.

Indeed the complacent manner in which the club board, the CEO and indeed the supporters organisation have operated has been brought into sharp focus - for me anyway - by the fact that it was a board member from a different club who noticed my comments on this forum and who decided I had said something interesting enough to make an approach to meet me for a chat about it. 

Is

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Is it true Mrs May has called you into Downing Street to use your ideas to bring down the debt. You read too many Disney and Harry Potter books Stuart.  

Me, me, my, me, my, I, my, me, I...

At no point have I stated that customers lack intelligence. I asked if they'd used the intelligence they do have to make contact in the most effective and efficient way. You've had a random pick up, which is great for you and maybe others have or will have the same. The forum does get read and items from here get addressed, but it's never going to be a catch all. The easiest way to contact is direct, be that to Gordon, the club board, to David Nicol or to SMISA as a whole. I don't think anyone is being complacent, there's just a hell of a lot going on. Its like the age old Swan analogy, which I'll not bore anyone with on here.

9 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, this is interesting.

NO, IT'S REALLY NOT INTERESTING.

SOMEONE WITH HALF A BRAIN WOULD PICK UP ON THE GENTLE HINTS.

I BET THAT S/HE RUES THE DAY...

2 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

At no point have I stated that customers lack intelligence. I asked if they'd used the intelligence they do have to make contact in the most effective and efficient way. You've had a random pick up, which is great for you and maybe others have or will have the same. The forum does get read and items from here get addressed, but it's never going to be a catch all. The easiest way to contact is direct, be that to Gordon, the club board, to David Nicol or to SMISA as a whole. I don't think anyone is being complacent, there's just a hell of a lot going on. Its like the age old Swan analogy, which I'll not bore anyone with on here.

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny...

you were patient with his wanky pish when you put yourself in the firing line.

i respect that.

but you are no longer in that exposed position.  There is little logic, truth or consistency in his posts. 

Ignore the wanky pish, for your own sake.  And ours... :)

Is it true Mrs May has called you into Downing Street to use your ideas to bring down the debt. You read too many Disney and Harry Potter books Stuart.  

The last book I read was the SNP White Paper. It was a tough read, riddled with errors but as a work of fiction it would be hard to beat. Let's face it not even the Genie from Aladin could have given the SNP the kind of tax returns they dreamt up.

Anyway to answer your question no its not true. I would call the government complacent in not reading my posts on this forum but if you can't get a SMiSA rep on the board to read it, it's a bit unfair to bash the Tories for not reading it.

Yeah the Swan analogy works I guess. Except this Swan continues to sink whilst under the surface the Swan continues to kick away at the silt that has been supporting it.

Tony Fitzpatrick also said loads of great things were happening behind the scenes at the club. I'm not one to doubt a living legend but that was over a month ago now. Since then the SMiSA membership delivered a disabled platform that the current chairman forgot to incorporate in his stadium design and some SMiSA volunteers power washed a load of seats that hadn't been properly cleaned by the club in years. Are Tony and Gordon actually going to deliver anything tangible at all?

15 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah the Swan analogy works I guess. Except this Swan continues to sink whilst under the surface the Swan continues to kick away at the silt that has been supporting it.

Tony Fitzpatrick also said loads of great things were happening behind the scenes at the club. I'm not one to doubt a living legend but that was over a month ago now. Since then the SMiSA membership delivered a disabled platform that the current chairman forgot to incorporate in his stadium design and some SMiSA volunteers power washed a load of seats that hadn't been properly cleaned by the club in years. Are Tony and Gordon actually going to deliver anything tangible at all?

The seats were publicly declared fecking bogging a few years ago. 

The old Board done nothing. 

20 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

An official from AN Other club contacted me just yesterday to see if I'd be willing to come in for a wee chat after seeing one of my posts on here.

Perhaps they're short of the back end of a donkey for the club's Christmas panto?

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Unfortunately I can still see some of the fat fantasist's posts through his being quoted by others. Encouraging to see he's still talking entirely through his hoop.

But you love St Mirren better than anybody. 

What a hero. :lol:

On 28 November 2016 at 9:05 PM, northendsaint said:

The Carrs are a big Saints supporting family who put a lot back into the club.Maybe we should look at other streams of revenue we currently outsource.

if the clubs on its arse then surely we have to re take all our parts of business that can make money,no point someone else making profit when club needs it,unless the carr's are a major cash investor to our club ,which obviously you think they are,maybe you no better than me,,it was just a idea

if the clubs on its arse then surely we have to re take all our parts of business that can make money,no point someone else making profit when club needs it,unless the carr's are a major cash investor to our club ,which obviously you think they are,maybe you no better than me,,it was just a idea

Paul, while I agree in principle the catering outlets can be quite a big undertaking. First you need to make sure you meet all the hygiene and food safety standards and then you've got to be on top of best before dates, wastage etc. I'd imagine whoever runs the outlets — I thought it was RKC rather than the Carrs - would have lost a fair bit of cash with the postponement on Saturday.