Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

TopCat

1 hour ago, div said:

If it was a League game I'd probably watch it at home to be honest, but since it's a Cup Quarter Final I will most definitely be going to Celtic Park.

I was at every game in 1987, but I missed the Quarter Final away to Aberdeen in the 2013 League Cup run. Annoys me I wasn't at every game when we won that trophy.

Not making that mistake again!

As much as i'm hoping a miracle occurs and we actually beat them i can't bring myself to give them the money and almost certainly be sickened watching us getting tanked. I'd rather spend more money going to our crucial away games in the league, that's how much i dislike going there.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

As much as i'm hoping a miracle occurs and we actually beat them i can't bring myself to give them the money and almost certainly be sickened watching us getting tanked. I'd rather spend more money going to our crucial away games in the league, that's how much i dislike going there.

There's a huge hole in that argument. You say you wouldn't give them the money? We get a share of the money in a cup tie. 

You then say you'd rather go to all the league away games where we don't get any money?

Just now, Kendo said:

There's a huge hole in that argument. You say you wouldn't give them the money? We get a share of the money in a cup tie. 

You then say you'd rather go to all the league away games where we don't get any money?

I'm not really offering an argument to be fair i'm admitting i don't like going to Parkhead or Ibrox, i find the atmosphere poisonous and i don't enjoy it. I would rather offer my support for the league games that are far more crucial for our immediate future.

9 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm not really offering an argument to be fair i'm admitting i don't like going to Parkhead or Ibrox, i find the atmosphere poisonous and i don't enjoy it. I would rather offer my support for the league games that are far more crucial for our immediate future.

Yeah fair enough makes sense.

The tie itself with the TV money even with a gate of around 25000 will be worth £200K or thereabouts to the club.

Throw in the McAllister money and we're over £400K in income.

Should the very worst happen I'd like to think that the money will help us towards ensuring a swift return to the Championship.

If we get a favourable outcome in the next few weeks then hopefully the money can be used to build a decent side in the Championship next term.

Either way, it's vitally important.

15 minutes ago, div said:

The tie itself with the TV money even with a gate of around 25000 will be worth £200K or thereabouts to the club.

Throw in the McAllister money and we're over £400K in income.

Should the very worst happen I'd like to think that the money will help us towards ensuring a swift return to the Championship.

If we get a favourable outcome in the next few weeks then hopefully the money can be used to build a decent side in the Championship next term.

Either way, it's vitally important.

You're forgetting a couple of things.

1. We will get a huge income from getting to the final.

2. According to reports Fitzy says we got 400k plus for McAllister.

Considering this is a game Jack Ross states the players are really excited about just shows how far and how quickly we've fallen. This should be nothing more than another run of the mill trip to the east end of Glasgow outwith an SPL game. Christ, Stevie Mallan says he wants to play in big stadiums, Bernabeu, Nou Camp maybe, Parkhead gie's a break.

17 minutes ago, alshboy said:

Considering this is a game Jack Ross states the players are really excited about just shows how far and how quickly we've fallen. This should be nothing more than another run of the mill trip to the east end of Glasgow outwith an SPL game. Christ, Stevie Mallan says he wants to play in big stadiums, Bernabeu, Nou Camp maybe, Parkhead gie's a break.

Eh?

Any game at Parkhead, or Ibrox, is a big game for all the teams in Scotland, never mind a team anchored at the foot of the shit league.

Time you got a reality check.

A few weeks ago I had to do their stadium tour and attend a birthday lunch in their No7 restaurant. Divorce proceedings would have followed had I refused to attend. The stadium tour was a hellish experience. Sitting watching a video presentation of their history and success. Grown men crying at the mere mention of 'Wee Jinky', Tommy Burns or Johnny Doyle's names. Being in their dressing room with all the jerseys hung up. Standing in the tunnel with big graphics of Scott Brown & Co looking down on me. Absolute. Fcuking. Nightmare. Never has a lip been bitten, or a wheesh held for so long as mine were. I feel degraded. <_<

In the interests of balance, the grub in the No7 restaurant was bloody good.

I don't want to go back there. Ever. Not going to this game.

Edited by pozbaird

55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

Any game at Parkhead, or Ibrox, is a big game for all the teams in Scotland, never mind a team anchored at the foot of the shit league.

Time you got a reality check.

A big game for maybe Stranraer, Albion Rovers or East Fife, as for St. Mirren as stated this should be nothing else that a run of the mill visit to Parkhead or Ibrox for that matter, outwith Morton maybe who don't get to play at these big grounds much. Please don't massage the Old Firms already inflated ego's of themselves, to them we are all diddy teams to be treated with contempt, why should we be so EXCITED to play at their stadiums. Both are nothing more than big fish in a very small pond and I for one don't treat any game at either OF stadium as a big game.

Just now, alshboy said:

A big game for maybe Stranraer, Albion Rovers or East Fife, as for St. Mirren as stated this should be nothing else that a run of the mill visit to Parkhead or Ibrox for that matter, outwith Morton maybe who don't get to play at these big grounds much. Please don't massage the Old Firms already inflated ego's of themselves, to them we are all diddy teams to be treated with contempt, why should we be so EXCITED to play at their stadiums. Both are nothing more than big fish in a very small pond and I for one don't treat any game at either OF stadium as a big game.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, alshboy said:

It's a big game cause it's the QF of the cup . If we had drawn Ayr at home , it would still be a big game IMO .

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Someone said Motherwell are 25/1 to win at their midden this weekend? Given their half time score tonight at Pittodrie, could make that 2500/1.

Motherwell are resting their best players in preparation for Saturday ya dafty.

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Thousands of home fans, and more than a few Buddies will now say 'fcuk paying for this' and will stay at home or go to a boozer. Scottish football, pile of fcuking shit.

Don't see the problem with a Sunday lunchtime TV game for a quarter-final - hardly unique to Scottish football either. And if it inconveniences some Celtic fans and messes about with their ferry plans then even better.

I have more issue with Welsh and Irish teams being allowed into the diddy cup the times for TV games there, although I accept that's probably a bit hypocritical.

Edited by Stu

Don't see the problem with a Sunday lunchtime TV game for a quarter-final - hardly unique to Scottish football either. And if it inconveniences some Celtic fans and messes about with their ferry plans then even better.

I have more issue with Welsh and Irish teams being allowed into the diddy cup the times for TV games there, although I accept that's probably a bit hypocritical.

Ferry times ? What do you mean ? Why would they need a ferry ? Don't all their fans come from Glasgow ?