4 told they can leave

Adam Eckersley seemed to challenge Jimbo stating on twitter that he is injured (if I am reading his comment correctly)

Stubbs has just said at a press conference that Eck and MacKenzie are injured.  The press conference footage was then taken offline.

If Eckersley isn't injured then we have a major problem here...

Adam Eckersley seemed to challenge Jimbo stating on twitter that he is injured (if I am reading his comment correctly)
Stubbs has just said at a press conference that Eck and MacKenzie are injured.  The press conference footage was then taken offline.
If Eckersley isn't injured then we have a major problem here...

Div “Club has agreement with the press guys that they get first dibs at publishing information given out at any presser, which is entirely fair since that's who they are for!

Publication online earlier today was just an admin error, nothing sinister. Will be published again tomorrow!”

You can keep your knickers on now the MAJOR problem is averted

52 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Div “Club has agreement with the press guys that they get first dibs at publishing information given out at any presser, which is entirely fair since that's who they are for!

Publication online earlier today was just an admin error, nothing sinister. Will be published again tomorrow!”

You can keep your knickers on now the MAJOR problem is averted

Get your head out your arse for a minute.

The issue isn't the press conference, it is this tweet from Eckersley;

And then Stubbs showing up today and announcing at the press conference that he is injured.

Get your head out your arse for a minute.
The issue isn't the press conference, it is this tweet from Eckersley;

And then Stubbs showing up today and announcing at the press conference that he is injured.

So why mention the press conference then[emoji849]

The issue is st Mirren “fans” trying to constantly stir up conspiracies against Stubbs

It’s hardly a major problem if Stubbs told 4 players they are free to find new clubs he’s not the 1st and certainly won’t be the last manager to do that if he believes he can have a better alternative in place he will live with that decision if it pays off or not.

2 off they 4 player have already been given the opportunity to impress I’m sure it won’t come to much of a shock to any St Mirren fan that the possibility of Mackenzie and eckersley being injured might be true.

Maybe eckersley might be the one that’s got the issues and causing problems refusing to play because he holds a grudge against Stubbs for releasing him at hibs another conspiracy theory some could run with but I very much doubt that they have their own agenda against Stubbs already.

I don’t care for the guessing at what’s going on I care that Stubbs puts a decent squad together this season and we stay up playing some nice football in the process would be good also.

Surely in McGinn, Magennis and Willock (and other personnel) we have a midfield core which should be able to control (or at least compete in) the middle of the park, to a greater extent than we did last season?

Obviously our remaining priority is in signing a couple of effective strikers, but I now feel that whoever they may be, they will be provided with more scoring opportunities than was the case last season when we were often outplayed in the midfield.

6 hours ago, renfrew said:

Hard to know who is telling the truth now :o

The truth is the first victim in a battle. The second is that strategy has to change. The important issue is that the BOD support the manager. Reasons behind the situation with at least two of the four were clear. They (Ross GK and McShane) were not considered to be Premiership players.  I thank them for their contribution to last season's championship win. The other two (MacKenzie and Eckerslie ) are different.  Both capable but both suspect on the injury front. Personally ,it would be understandable that some players and a new manager don't gel.  The only winner there can be the manager.  Unavailable for selection would be my tale on this. For what it's worth.

Finding the #teameck abit embarrassing on Twitter what about team stelios team Sutton the list could go on about players that have served us well.

All it would achieve is bad blood between supporters and manger.

Should be #teamstmirren

If their is any truth in the rumours then they are 2 grown men let them sort it between themselves there is no loyalty in football if eck has a better offer on the table than St Mirren he’d jump at it.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Finding the #teameck abit embarrassing on Twitter what about team stelios team Sutton the list could go on about players that have served us well.

Should be #teamstmirren

If their is any truth in the rumours then they are 2 grown men let them sort it between themselves there is no loyalty in football if eck has a better offer on the table than St Mirren he’d jump at it.

It's a bit cringe imo.

#TeamStMirren

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

The truth is the first victim in a battle. The second is that strategy has to change. The important issue is that the BOD support the manager. Reasons behind the situation with at least two of the four were clear. They (Ross GK and McShane) were not considered to be Premiership players.  I thank them for their contribution to last season's championship win. The other two (MacKenzie and Eckerslie ) are different.  Both capable but both suspect on the injury front. Personally ,it would be understandable that some players and a new manager don't gel.  The only winner there can be the manager.  Unavailable for selection would be my tale on this. For what it's worth.

It's all about opinion on who is a capable premiership player, and the only opinion that really matters is the manager's. Feel bad for the players being told they can go, but my club is bigger than any of them.

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Surely in McGinn, Magennis and Willock (and other personnel) we have a midfield core which should be able to control (or at least compete in) the middle of the park, to a greater extent than we did last season?

Obviously our remaining priority is in signing a couple of effective strikers, but I now feel that whoever they may be, they will be provided with more scoring opportunities than was the case last season when we were often outplayed in the midfield.

Why what’s changed other than Willock? 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Should be #teamstmirren

Agree nothing positive from doing so. Eckersley had his chance to impress in la manga just like the rest of the players and the decision was that our coaching staff thought they could find better. Arguably they have in Coulson. There were fans cheering “Ross’s players” and booing “Stubbs players” at hampden the other night. This is no use, we need to be united as a club. Another couple of good signings and we might just have a team 

Edited by Big Yards

8 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Should be #teamstmirren

Couldn’t agree more, team Eckersley is a cringe.

Also Eckersley getting treated disgracefully is a bit wide of the mark.

Hoping for a good performance today and there will be more players arriving over the next 1-2 weeks.

I'd go further than saying #teameck is a cringe, I think it's really poor (from Div I presume).

That stuff was posted after the manager stated to the press that AE was injured, so he's basically being publicly undermined by a prominent supporter. That feed has a pretty wide reach..... not good for us as a club.

Stubbs attempted to put the issue to bed yesterday but now he'll probably have to deal with it again.

Don't get it at all.

Edited by Julian Banjos

How did Stubbs put the issue to bed if Eckersley has said he is not injured and then Stubbs has held a press conference to say he is?

Stubbs also said, in the same sentence, he would love to play Eck & Mack and he has told them they can go :huh:

It is fine for Stubbs to decide he wants to bring his own players in* but not to discard guys who have played a huge role in taking us from the brink of League 1 to the Premiership like this.  It has been poorly handled to say the least, and Eckersley has done a lot more to command the respect of the supporters than Stubbs.

* actually not fine in most of the cases so far.

Edited by Kemp

I am surprised very few on here seem to be grasping how devasting to for morale and respect in the dressing room this issue must be.  You can actually see the evidence on the park of how the team has been impacted by Stubbs leadership skills so far.  Some are just choosing to look the other way here I guess....

I am surprised very few on here seem to be grasping how devasting to for morale and respect in the dressing room this issue must be.  You can actually see the evidence on the park of how the team has been impacted by Stubbs leadership skills so far.  Some are just choosing to look the other way here I guess....

And you all these facts how?

I’m sure a rallying call against the manager is going to help out.

I would say have no attack threat anymore is the biggest problem coming up against teams that are going to sit in we don’t have the tools to break them down at the moment it’s the managers job to bring the players in to help out and at the moment that’s what he’s trying to do then we can all judge him after that

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm surprise that you're making such a huge issue of it.

It happens in every work place, where a pissed off employee "under new management" spits the dummy. Have seen it many a time and yet life has gone on.

I get the feeling that there's a annoyed mole somewhere currently trying to hire a JCB.........................

8 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Adam has not said that he's not injured! 

He certainly appears to be questioning the announcement of it in the tweet I posted above.

Even if he is not injured, being told to leave after a training camp ("but lets not judge Stubbs on league cup games") and then Stubbs saying he would love to play him but "he can still go" is shoddy treatment.  Stubbs doesn't seem to be coming across as trustworthy here. We have also had Gavin Reilly dispute his version of events regarding the contract that was, or wasn't sitting on the table.

I'm very frustrated by it as Eckersley and Reilly are much better players than those Stubbs has brought in, and it seems the feel good factor of last season was destroyed here through poor management.

35 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I am surprised very few on here seem totent be grasping how devasting to for morale and respect in the dressing room this issue must be.  You can actually see the evidence on the park of how the team has been impacted by Stubbs leadership skills so far.  Some are just choosing to look the other way here I guess....

Cammy being the best example of this, looks a shadow of the consistant player we had last season.

He certainly appears to be questioning the announcement of it in the tweet I posted above.
Even if he is not injured, being told to leave after a training camp ("but lets not judge Stubbs on league cup games") and then Stubbs saying he would love to play him but "he can still go" is shoddy treatment.  Stubbs doesn't seem to be coming across as trustworthy here. We have also had Gavin Reilly dispute his version of events regarding the contract that was, or wasn't sitting on the table.
I'm very frustrated by it as Eckersley and Reilly are much better players than those Stubbs has brought in, and it seems the feel good factor of last season was destroyed here through poor management.

Reilly had a contract their to sign for ages and he didn’t.

Jack Ross told Sutton he wasn’t needed and to go find a new club but then he still featured as a sub.

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

....which is completely unprofessional. A St Mirren employee posting something ambiguous which has caused a shitstorm to the detriment of the club. He has done himself no favours in this.