4 told they can leave

Always thought that this was likely to happen. Not particularly surprised by the players mentioned either. He's obviously looking for younger more fitter models at CH and LB. Also a keeper to replace/challenge Samson is hardly unexpected. McShane became a bench warmer at championship level, so again not unexpected. No room for sentiment in this game I'm afraid.

35 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Stubb's getting rid of Eckersley! Ok I know he's had injury problems but on his day they'll only be a couple of better left backs in the league.

Gonna be interesting to see who gets brought in.

Not that shocking regarding Eckersley. 

Stubbs signed him for Hibs a few years ago and he didn't make a single appearance due to injuries so Stubbs must feel he's a bit of a fitness liability. 

When you think about it , I can't see any of that four getting regular games in the top league , so he must know the direction he's heading in re players.  Would expect another 8 at least coming in if we can offload the four !

I'm surprised at McKenzie, tbh, but not so much the others.

McShane's body language is always a bit odd - he never looks happy, he's always off to the side of the group a bit. He's either working out which bird he's gonna pump next, or he's just not happy. I couldn't see him featuring much, no matter which way you permed the team.

Don't think any of these guys will have any bother getting a top-four championship gig. Eckersley could well wind up at a rival in the Prem.

I agree with most of the comments above.  Players can't be retained out of sentiment and Stubbs must let them go if he thinks they won't be good enough for the Premiership. Just hope he can find better players to replace them.

Having said that,  three of the guys who are leaving played a big part in our success last season, so they must go with our thanks and best wishes for their futures. When I saw them play, I felt that they all gave 100% for our club. Football is a lucrative profession only for the gifted few at the top. For most, like these guys, it's a precarious business, so I hope they enjoyed the good times of last season and I wish them all luck in finding new clubs. 

Mackenzie only started 14 league games last season.

Eckersley started 24, ie he missed a third of the season.

Between them they started 38 league games.

They both have bad injury records and both are getting on a bit.

We are paying 2 big wages but effectively getting the services of 1 player.

4 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Not according according to this........https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/kader/verein/465 , McKenzie is 2018 ans Eckersley is 2019.

Well one of them is wrong .

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1866-gary-mackenzie-agrees-new-deal