Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

St. Mirren v The Rangers, 3rd November 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Willy Colum is the Referee for Saturday. 

Makes sure that things will be interesting! 

If it is pishing down and the pitch gets waterlogged I wonder if he'll replicate his performance when we played Ross County as he walked round the pitch for 20 minutes bouncing a ball. One of his worst examples of his 'look at me' behaviour we've seen. 

On the bright side, he was the ref 10 years ago when we beat them 1-0 thanks to McGinns goal, so maybe that's an omen. He is a religious education teacher in a Catholic school, so he should hate them more than he hates us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sadly you may be right but I'll go for a crowd of 6,500. The Rangers are not the draw they once were.  

 

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sadly you may be right but I'll go for a crowd of 6,500. The Rangers are not the draw they once were.  

They never have been as far as SMFC supporters are concerned. They are to their own bigots though. They would fill the whole stadium if we gave them the tickets. I doubt you will find one of our fans who would go because it's one of the two cheeks we are playing. I'd go further. I hate the games against them so much that if you offered me a free ticket for a game v either cheek or a game v Hamilton I'd take the Hamilton one every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

 

They never have been as far as SMFC supporters are concerned. They are to their own bigots though. They would fill the whole stadium if we gave them the tickets. I doubt you will find one of our fans who would go because it's one of the two cheeks we are playing. I'd go further. I hate the games against them so much that if you offered me a free ticket for a game v either cheek or a game v Hamilton I'd take the Hamilton one every time.

Fair enough. I still recall the days when we played only home and away.  It was a big event when one of the big boys came to town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Need to stand up to this mob tomorrow, they are expecting a walkover. Glad Flynn not playing for us, get some dig in.

Yea my mate said they will score 5 easily he said I will text you. :huh:. Hope it's me that can text him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agree with this ^^^
Unfortunately there is no 'pull factor' for tomorrow's game. We should be actively trying to get families to watch the games as they will ultimately be the next generation of Saints supporters but instead we kick them out the family stand, even charge them for tickets despite them being season ticket holders, take away their pre match entertainment and panda club... Oh aye, plus charging kids 17 Quid a ticket! :huh:


Charging kids £17 is a f**king scandal. FFS St Mirren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sadly you may be right but I'll go for a crowd of 6,500. The Rangers are not the draw they once were.  

Are you saying Saints fans used to turn up in the past just because we were playing the Blue Bigots ? 

The other way round I am guessing. 

Saints fans would boycott matches with them and against Celtic due to the sectarian vermin polluting our Stadium. 

Both scum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Fair enough. I still recall the days when we played only home and away.  It was a big event when one of the big boys came to town. 

What was good about 20000 plus bigots at Love Street spreading their poison ? 

Do you not remember September 17th 1977 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There's always "shock" results (Fecking Burton Albion) in every sport.

The trick is trying to spot the likelihood. 

At 11/1 this would be a SHOCK and very lucrative.

We were similar against Celtic, at half time we were 18/1 and I had a wee bet so I'll hang off and see how the game goes tomorrow. 

St Mirren have went from 11/1 to 14/1, indicated plenty are betting on Rangers. 

Even Rangers at -2 are only 7/4, spoil sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren have went from 11/1 to 14/1, indicated plenty are betting on Rangers. 

Even Rangers at -2 are only 7/4, spoil sports. 

Must be the longest odds we've been for a league game In quite some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Must be the longest odds we've been for a league game In quite some time. 

I think we were the same against Celtic, we definitely were 18/1 before they had a player sent off as I ventured a wee bet as it was worth a wee punt. :(

Imagine what we'd be at Ibrox. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shull said:

What was good about 20000 plus bigots at Love Street spreading their poison ? 

Do you not remember September 17th 1977 ? 

A number of people I knew would come along to Love Street when the OF came who didn't normally come along,  yes. 

Don't know how better to explain this Shull but much as I dislike the sectarian/racial aspects of the OF, I don't diskike each and every one of their fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A number of people I knew would come along to Love Street when the OF came who didn't normally come along,  yes. 

Don't know how better to explain this Shull but much as I dislike the sectarian/racial aspects of the OF, I don't diskike each and every one of their fans. 

Or the income they bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Nah. You would hate yourself if we did the unthinkable and won and you weren't actually THERE at the ground. 

TV is a pale substitute for the real thing. 

I hear you, but I have taken the decision not to go as I do not want my kids exposed to their vile sectarian bile. I do not understand how the two ugly sisters get away with it - at every match, home and away. Forget about legal challenges, dock them points. It’s the only way we’ll stamp this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I hear you, but I have taken the decision not to go as I do not want my kids exposed to their vile sectarian bile. I do not understand how the two ugly sisters get away with it - at every match, home and away. Forget about legal challenges, dock them points. It’s the only way we’ll stamp this out.

I would personally be happy with that too. Dock points or eject them from a cup competition. 

A great shame, in the real sense,  that people like yourself have to make a call on it. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...