Jump to content

proudtobeabuddy

If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

So when you said ‘around’ what you really meant was a MAXIMUM. 

Lose the VAT off it and you are now at a MAXIMUM of £72k

Remember that everything we purchase has VAT attached to it too, there will be some trade off so your figure isn't entirely accurate!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not saying the figures are correct or not but how do you know how many home "paying" fans in the family stand didn't go to any of the OF games? A lot of the attendees in that stand are on "free" tickets whether given away by the club to schools, clubs etc or kids whose season tickets are free due to age and parents season ticket. Neither am I saying it's the "correct" thing to do to give the stand over but I think it's fair to say that the club certainly gain financially by doing so.

I don’t know how many but I do know that there was lost income from the ST’s being cheaper and even if everyone of the paying family stand ST holders took up their option of the west or main stand it was only going to cost them a tenner so there is still lost income.

Every Adult ST holder from the family stand that I know didn’t attend any of the OF games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I don’t know how many but I do know that there was lost income from the ST’s being cheaper and even if everyone of the paying family stand ST holders took up their option of the west or main stand it was only going to cost them a tenner so there is still lost income.

Every Adult ST holder from the family stand that I know didn’t attend any of the OF games. 

If you're only looking at the financials DumboBud whether they attended or not is immaterial in so far as they hadn't paid for that ticket within their season tickets. Every seat in the Family Stand last night was paid for, there is no real argument that it is financially beneficial for the club to do what they did...…..the morality of it is a whole different thing though!!

For the record I know of 3 Adult ST holders who did attend and took their kids, some will some won't but a lot that didn't attend probably wouldn't have attended anyway because of the poison that surrounds every OF fixture.

 

Edited by WeeBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a big fan of giving them both ends of the ground. 

We lose a bit of the home advantage by doing that, although if OK is just going to play reserves and try to get a 0-0 draw I don't suppose that matters so much.

The issue is that there were 1700 less home fans there last night as compared to Saturday. There just isn't much appetite from Saints fans for these games, if we keep the family stand for Saints fans it will basically sit empty.

It would help if the stadium had been built properly in the first place. Building a 1600 away stand that can be sold out even by Dundee and Killie  doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm not a big fan of giving them both ends of the ground. 

We lose a bit of the home advantage by doing that, although if OK is just going to play reserves and try to get a 0-0 draw I don't suppose that matters so much.

The issue is that there were 1700 less home fans there last night as compared to Saturday. There just isn't much appetite from Saints fans for these games, if we keep the family stand for Saints fans it will basically sit empty.

It would help if the stadium had been built properly in the first place. Building a 1600 away stand that can be sold out even by Dundee and Killie  doesn't make any sense.

well who's fault is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

And for this little extra income he's willing to alienate his own supporters? 

Supporters should be grown up and mature enough to understand the financials behind it without getting emotional and spitting the dummy.

The extra money is vital for us if we intend to compete and remain in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

Supporters should be grown up and mature enough to understand the financials behind it without getting emotional and spitting the dummy.

The extra money is vital for us if we intend to compete and remain in this league.

Once again, I am questioning what is so great about being in the scottish premiership.  Constant struggle for survival, few wins to celebrate, sycophantic devotion to the OF, high prices for shite seats in shite stadiums

Edited by beyond our ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last night generated around £86,400 from the away end. There were large spaces in the West stand and main stand. It's not rocket science. 


Not sure what you mean?

Celtic sold another 1,800 or so tickets at an average of say £23 (including concessions). We we’re about 1,700 fans down on Saturday. You could say that’s a break even sort of deal but a chunk of those 1,700 have already paid for the season ticket and another sizeable number wouldn’t have come anyway as it’s midweek so even if you only say we sold between 800-1000 more tickets that’s still about £20k more in the coffers.

Are you saying we should turn that money down so some people can sit in a two thirds empty stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

So when you said ‘around’ what you really meant was a MAXIMUM. 

Lose the VAT off it and you are now at a MAXIMUM of £72k

This is classic IOBS.

He also forgot to remove expenses AND account for the fact that the true figure is the difference between giving Celtic BOTH stands and giving them just one stand. The price differential of that, net of expenses and taxes, is going to be a fraction of the number he is throwing around. :lol:

 

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was your milk sour in your Weetabix  this morning . Whatever figure you want it is not peanuts is it ? 

It's also nowhere near your number either.

No problem with that but when you start mouthing off about how others should learn accounting and then come out with that utter tripe you deserve to be challenged on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Once again, I am questioning what is so great about being in the scottish premiership.  Constant struggle for survival, few wins to celebrate, sycophantic devotion to the OF, high proces for shite seats in shite stadiums

That's another argument all together and I do agree with you on that one. 

Last season was one of the best seasons I've had supporting st mirren. This season has been one of the worst. Says it all really.

But while we are here we should be maximising the money we bring in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a stupid statement, the saints fans at the game last night were there for one reason, to support our team just like any other week. As for people not attending it was not for your stupid reason about. So you can go hang your head in shame.


What a stupid statement.

If there was no OF them St Mirren would be better off and sectarianism would end.

You’re stupid reason for supporting it is a disgrace. Hang your head in shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Not sure what you mean?

Celtic sold another 1,800 or so tickets at an average of say £23 (including concessions). We we’re about 1,700 fans down on Saturday. You could say that’s a break even sort of deal but a chunk of those 1,700 have already paid for the season ticket and another sizeable number wouldn’t have come anyway as it’s midweek so even if you only say we sold between 800-1000 more tickets that’s still about £20k more in the coffers.

Are you saying we should turn that money down so some people can sit in a two thirds empty stand?
They didn't sell out both stands judging by the amount of empty seats so it's not as high as 1800 - 1500 to 1600?
While it's still money for us we also need more police and stewards as they are at both ends of the stadium and not just one which is another expense.
So it's additional monies, just not as much as we were led to believe.

We've also gained additional revenues from the United Cup game and larger crowds than expected against Dundee and some larger visiting supports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is classic IOBS.
He also forgot to remove expenses AND account for the fact that the true figure is the difference between giving Celtic BOTH stands and giving them just one stand. The price differential of that, net of expenses and taxes, is going to be a fraction of the number he is throwing around. :lol:
 


And minus the St Mirren fans who would have paid at the gate if Celtic weren’t the visitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

well who's fault is that?

The supporters for not being in charge in the first place. If they had, we would be competing regularly in Europe and filling a larger stadium. :wacko: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...