If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

21 hours ago, Kemp said:

Just an idea, but how about turning the whole thing around and trying to make Old Firm games our "family days". That concept normally gets rolled out when playing a team we aren't going to sell many tickets against. 

We could make a drive to fill the family stand with youth groups, incentivise season ticket holders and registered ticket website members to bring a friend along (the idea season ticket holders would buy home end tickets for OF fans is ridiculous), encourage the West Stand to make enough noise drown out the ulster related shite coming out the away end.

Yes, we would lose money on it all

Outstanding! So after mouthing off at the club for spending its money poorly, you then come up with a brilliant idea to waste even more money.

What a nugget! :lol:

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not having a poke at you - but if you consider the mindset of many OF fans, I suspect they might object with firecrackers, hooliganism and bigotry in song - you cannot teach an old dog new tricks - their culture ain't going to change quickly because we put on an event or two.

But lots of things need to change drastically in Scottish Football - no more of these ineffective campaigns. Something effective is needed !  :magic

Exactly, it's a bloody stupid idea which is almost guaranteed to make the situation worse.

All ideas driven by ego, like that one, are usually bloody stupid and it's no surprise to see who is advocating it.

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Proves that there are fans with visionary ideas that can take us forward under fan ownership!

Will the current incumbents be prepared to listen? Will they act?

Why are we waiting on the current incumbents doing this?

If those proposing this genuinely think it's a brilliant idea then get moving on it and stop waiting on others to show initiative. ldeas are ten a penny - perhaps cheaper. Having the balls to actually do things is a much rarer thing and I'd put a tenner on it that we have almost nobody amongst the vocal and serial complainers like that.

I'm sure the club will be more than happy to help them out providing the fans do the organising.

It's the same with organising promotional stuff by driving around with loud hailers etc. but complaining about nobody at the club running with it. Just f**king do it yourself.

It's not often I feel the urge to compliment the W7 guys but at least they went ahead and did something constructive and made a success of it. Use them as inspiration.

Rant over. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

On a forum where posters routinely call other posters "cunts" without a word from you, I think you look a bit daft taking offence at someone being slagged off for their lack of any apparent numeracy or literacy skills. [emoji38]
It's usually a conscious decision to be a c**t so cunts are fair game.

Of course I personally wouldn't call anyone a c**t.

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Proves that there are fans with visionary ideas that can take us forward under fan ownership!

Will the current incumbents listen and act in response to speculative, uncosted "visionary ideas" from an internet forum that could potentially lose the club tens of thousands of pounds? I hope not.

Guest TPAFKATS

Anyone with a visionary idea should approach the club /board. Anyone who is a member of smisa should approach their elected representatives who are on the board.

It's funny i went to Hamilton today and the atmosphere was fantastic, that was without flares, bangers or sectarian songs being sung. Maybe next time we visit if we sell out the away stand we should tell Hamilton to give us some of their stand because they would make more money.... Why would they not agree? Their stands were half empty after all... Oh hang on...i know...because their fans wouldn't like it.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It's funny i went to Hamilton today and the atmosphere was fantastic, that was without flares, bangers or sectarian songs being sung. Maybe next time we visit if we sell out the away stand we should tell Hamilton to give us some of their stand because they would make more money.... Why would they not agree? Their stands were half empty after all... Oh hang on...i know...because their fans wouldn't like it.

Not sure what the point is here. Hamilton give away part of their home stand to OF fans when they play them so no different to us.

Not sure what the point is here. Hamilton give away part of their home stand to OF fans when they play them so no different to us.

Every club does it. Indeed, up until this year the ugly sisters did it to each other.

This isn’t about the OF though because if Aberdeen were going to win the league, were playing at our place and wanted 3,500 tickets we’d give it to them too.

It’s a basic commercial decision with the club’s interests at heart.

The simple choice we face is either continue down this road and take the financial benefits or buck the trend, suffer commercially and play in front of a half empty stadium with less atmosphere.

Anyone who chooses option two does so with their heart and not their head. Unfortunately GLS doesn’t have that luxury as he’s trying to run a business.

13 minutes ago, DLBud said:

This isn’t about the OF though because if Aberdeen were going to win the league, were playing at our place and wanted 3,500 tickets we’d give it to them too.

When Partick won the league at SMP they were given the Caledonia Stand and the North Bank overspill.

However, I agree with whomever it  was who said the extra £50k isn't worth it.

FTOF

On 4/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

The away support was given on The screen as 3245 which means they did sell out both stands.
I wish they hadn’t , wish we were in a position to tell them to f**k off but the fact is it brings extra revenue.
I f**king hate walking through them going into and out of the stadium no matter which way you turn.

Why don't the police recommend keeping them back for five minutes after the game , and managing their exit via greenhill road

My point is it sticks in many supporters throats so much because of the nature of the OF. Other teams that occasionally get the privilege of extra tickets are on the whole not bigoted sectarian twats. Our treatment at their grounds is such that many diehards choose to stay away. I’m saying again, just in case anyone missed it... everyone and their dog understands the financial benefits of giving them our home stand but I’m saying the extra revenue, in their case, is not worth it given the nature of their fans.

19 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

Will the current incumbents listen and act in response to speculative, uncosted "visionary ideas" from an internet forum that could potentially lose the club tens of thousands of pounds? I hope not.

19 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 4/6/2019 at 4:37 AM, BuddieinEK said:

Anyone with a visionary idea should approach the club /board. Anyone who is a member of smisa should approach their elected representatives who are on the board.

What I posted above was the kernel of an idea, something that came in to my head while reading this thread. It would be nice if this forum could be used as a platform to test & debate ideas, some of which might be taken to the club or SMISA at a later date. Not really any need for your responses there which are surely just stating the bleedin obvious.

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

When Partick won the league at SMP they were given the Caledonia Stand and the North Bank overspill.

However, I agree with whomever it  was who said the extra £50k isn't worth it.

FTOF

The North Bank "overspill" was the away end though!

7 hours ago, DLBud said:

Every club does it. Indeed, up until this year the ugly sisters did it to each other.

The simple choice we face is either continue down this road and take the financial benefits or buck the trend, suffer commercially and play in front of a half empty stadium with less atmosphere.

Anyone who chooses option two does so with their heart and not their head. Unfortunately GLS doesn’t have that luxury as he’s trying to run a business.

Don't think anyone would complain too much about a club like Aberdeen being accommodated as a one off.

The question over whether it is commercially sensible to give home stands to the Old Firm is more complicated than the revenue raised from the individual games. Secondly, the business is not reliant on the revenue from these games. The club will continue much as it is without it. The question of "is it worth it" is entirely valid.

9 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

I think there is a crucial difference. The stand that we give away is the designated family stand, an initiative that the club has nurtured since the ground opened. 

The message that we are giving to our young supporters is you are welcome until rangers and Celtic come when we prefer their fans because there are more of them at the moment. 

With that sort of message going out to youngsters we aren’t exactly encouraging them to stick with being a saints supporter through thick and thin. 

I get the financial argument although as already gone through I really object to the over inflated figures used by both the club and its apologists to try and justify it. 

Guest TPAFKATS
What I posted above was the kernel of an idea, something that came in to my head while reading this thread. It would be nice if this forum could be used as a platform to test & debate ideas, some of which might be taken to the club or SMISA at a later date. Not really any need for your responses there which are surely just stating the bleedin obvious.
My response wasn't to your post or idea(s). It was specifically related to BinEK post about current incumbents and is entirely relatable to that, whether you agree with it or not.

24 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I think there is a crucial difference. The stand that we give away is the designated family stand, an initiative that the club has nurtured since the ground opened. 

The message that we are giving to our young supporters is you are welcome until rangers and Celtic come when we prefer their fans because there are more of them at the moment. 

With that sort of message going out to youngsters we aren’t exactly encouraging them to stick with being a saints supporter through thick and thin. 

I get the financial argument although as already gone through I really object to the over inflated figures used by both the club and its apologists to try and justify it. 

This!

the very games where youngsters may be more inclined to want to see, and come back again because its a talking/interest point with their pals. Are the games the club signals they are not welcome, no safe family area, no panda club, not welcome.

it is the single biggest act of self harm a supposed award winning family club could possibly inflict on itself.

Still if theirs an SPFL 'Money Grabbing//Bigot Facilitation' award up for grabs we must be up there?

Don't think anyone would complain too much about a club like Aberdeen being accommodated as a one off.

What would happen if it want a one off though and the Dons were in the midst of a 89’s revival and we’re regularly carrying that amount of fans?

I abhor the part the OF play in bring sectarianism into football but not to the point where my feelings toward them would get in the way of a solid commercial decision.

Like I said before, those who see it that way are thinking with hearts rather than head. Unless you’re Lookatme who uses it as a stick to beat the BoD with.

We are never going to fill the family stand with our own fans when the ugly sisters visit our stadium, we’ve had bigger crowds against other teams. I was in two minds on going to the game the other night but I did & can understand why our fans stay away. We knew at the beginning of the season that they would get two stands, I understand why the club did this, extra revenue but we’ve survived for years in lower league without their money so can see both sides of the argument. For some odd reason OF fans seem to think we need them to survive too.

What next an FTOF levy used to mitigate the additional revenue. Let's say £30 on every ST and £2 on every home match day ticket and tell the cheeks to stuff their additional tickets up their.......cheeks ! Let's see who would be willing to pay it plus the reaction from the rest of the country. Like all the previous suggestions its fanciful unfortunately. We either put a product on the park that enables us to fill the seats ourselves or we have to suck it up. I hate it as much as the next fan but it's a total chicken and egg situation. Building a team needs money and money means we need bums on seats.

If I am right there were 1700 less St Mirren supporters at the Celtic game than there were at the Dundee game?

So the answer is to get those supporters to come to Celtic games and we would not need to give them the family stand. We should know a lot of there names as their season tickets were not used. Ie our records should show this.

Basic Customer relations would get in contact with them to find out the problem and how to resolve it.

The club should be working it's socks off to get our fans to come along to these games,handing a stand over is easy and a copout

If I am right there were 1700 less St Mirren supporters at the Celtic game than there were at the Dundee game?
So the answer is to get those supporters to come to Celtic games and we would not need to give them the family stand. We should know a lot of there names as their season tickets were not used. Ie our records should show this.
Basic Customer relations would get in contact with them to find out the problem and how to resolve it.
The club should be working it's socks off to get our fans to come along to these games,handing a stand over is easy and a copout

While I can’t speak for all of them , I would be willing to bet that a very substantial percentage of them stay away because of the sectarian bile spouted by each side of the arse cheeks.
Added to that , those who have watched for years as these two teams get decisions in their favour against provincial teams and also that tickets to watch / listen to the nonsense in front of them are generally mor expensive, would account for another chunk of the absentees.

As to how we encourage them to return ? Who knows ?
We can’t set pricing for visiting fans at a different rate , but what about offering a discount to home fans in exchange for ticket stubs from previous home matches , or a bog-of deal where a season ticket holder can bring a friend ?

15 hours ago, DLBud said:

Every club does not do, in fact Hibs and hearts cut their ticket allocation because of their behaviour this season.  Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee don’t either.  Hamilton give them a gazebo and Livingston give them the full ground.  We are the only club to give them a family stand, I’m so sick of these mutents I have emailed club asking (if we stay up) that West and main stand season tickets be made available minus the game against the old firm. 

Every club does not do, in fact Hibs and hearts cut their ticket allocation because of their behaviour this season.  Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee don’t either.  Hamilton give them a gazebo and Livingston give them the full ground.  We are the only club to give them a family stand, I’m so sick of these mutents I have emailed club asking (if we stay up) that West and main stand season tickets be made available minus the game against the old firm. 
Hibs and Hearts are back giving them the whole stand. Motherwell also give them a large part of the main stand as well as the 1 behind the goal. Accies also give them seats in the main stand behind the goal plus the tent. Part of the main stand at Dens goes to them as well. Fakes also give them the family stand as well as part of the main stand. Dons are about the only team that give them the away part.of the ground and nothing else.