Jay Henderson

2 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

A manager’s gamble. 

Olusanya could have been outstanding for us and we’d have forgotten all about those he let go. He may turn out better next season - who knows for sure.

I don’t think that SR has given enough opportunity for our academy graduates over some of the signings he has made. 

Any manager is always going favour playing his signings over a previous manager. 

I agree about the managers gamble bit , I suppose every unknown player has the chance to turn out to be a diamond …….or another Junior Morais !!    
 This isn’t some raw 17-18 year old here, he’s coming up to 26 , if there was a player there, I think it would have emerged by now. 
We can only assume Robbo chose not to do a quick wiki check - could have given him an idea of what we were getting 😂

As with every player who joins us I hope he succeeds but given what we’ve seen so far and his track record to date elsewhere ….I’m not filled with confidence .

2571ED21-3337-4BCF-B0B5-B591A6E75F8E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I agree about the managers gamble bit , I suppose every unknown player has the chance to turn out to be a diamond …….or another Junior Morais !!    
 This isn’t some raw 17-18 year old here, he’s coming up to 26 , if there was a player there, I think it would have emerged by now. 
We can only assume Robbo chose not to do a quick wiki check - could have given him an idea of what we were getting 😂

As with every player who joins us I hope he succeeds but given what we’ve seen so far and his track record to date elsewhere ….I’m not filled with confidence .

Maybe he felt his time at Walton would endear him to the LSD?

I agree. Very strange signing but unfortunately that’s the basement market we are looking at these days.

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Surely the anomaly within his playing history is him being picked up by Middlesbrough based on his previous unspectacular record at six non-league clubs.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Surely the anomaly within his playing history is him being picked up by Middlesbrough based on his previous unspectacular record at six non-league clubs.

You’d have thought so , ‘Boro seem to have realised their mistake pretty early on, after three very brief sub appearances. It was off to the U-23s for yer man . 

10 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

How would anybody apart from those involved possibly know anything about the offer..

To be fair I was just hoping to tempt you out to give us all the inside track……..ya throbber!!

On 3/26/2023 at 12:34 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Walton Casuals!

On 3/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, FTOF said:

My initial post was somewhat laced with hyperbole to counter one that seemed to have turned Henderson into Lionel Messi, after one nutmeg.

I agree. He's shown occasionally at the top level that he is capable of some great play. Both his goals v Dundee United were excellent. However, for me he hasn't done it consistently enough, albeit he hasn't played as much as he'd like. Too often he seemed not able to get past his man or get crosses in. At a lower level that seems to be a bit easier. Maybe I am being too harsh and he'll develop more in the future. However, given the silence from the club regarding a contract extension, I've a feeling that it might not be with us.

I'd rather we kept Henderson as opposed to Olusanya right enough.

Agree completely, from what I've seen of Olusanya his brain and his feet aren't co-ordinated and more often than not he leaves the ball behind in his rush towards goal.

His only real asset that I can see is that he is reasonably fast, other than that...............?

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I wonder if Jay can return to Saints for the final couple of post-split fixtures, should inverness fail to make the play-offs?  I'm guessing his loan is till the end of ICT's season but I don't know if the rules allow for a return to the parent club before the next window

Might be a non-issue if they make the Scottish cup final anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jay continuing to show his quality in this afernoon's semi final. The first goal arising from a penalty for hand ball from one of his crosses and the second goal from another of his pin-point accurate crosses.

Surely SR has to include him next season as a regular first team choice without necessarily 'guaranteeing him a place' every single game - no player can expect that.

But then maybe it's too late....

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Jay continuing to show his quality in this afernoon's semi final. The first goal arising from a penalty for hand ball from one of his crosses and the second goal from another of his pin-point accurate crosses.

Surely SR has to include him next season as a regular first team choice without necessarily 'guaranteeing him a place' every single game - no player can expect that.

But then maybe it's too late....

If we were to go with wingers next season, and we want to push on, we need better "as a regular first team choice" than Henderson IMO.

A signing akin to the quality of Ilkay Durmus would do. Henderson would be decent back up though.

However I'm sure Henderson will be set on a move to league one or two down south in order to get a significant increase in wages.

Although I'm not sure how much the runners up or the winners in the cup final get. ICT might be able to use that for any development fee we're due.

11 hours ago, elvis said:

No one

You could well be correct.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I wonder how much the development fee amounts to?

Pure speculation on my part, but If Reid's was around £100K, you'd have to imagine that Henderson's would be at least that.

Edited by FTOF