Jump to content

St.Ricky

Hibernian v St Mirren Sat 1 February

Recommended Posts

Why? It's the truth, some of the head in the clouds stuff on here makes you forget that whilst we've done ok this season we are still in amongst it, and there is still a lot of work to be done
I'll take solace from a 1pt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is? 
End of season is irrelevant right now. Obika has more league goals than May. Think May takes penalties as well.

You don't like Obika and are using May scoring for St. Johnstone against Hearts as a stick to beat him with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just home from today's game.  I thought the up until Hibs scored their first, was probably as good as we've played this season. Commiting plenty of players forward and playing some really neat football, topped off with two really good goals.  It's just a shame we let Hibs back into it, cause if we had got to half time with the two goal cushion, I think we would have had the 3pts. 

Plenty of plus points today, but thought Obika and possibly Morias should have been subbed a bit earlier. 

Happy enough with the point but could have had the 3 if we had managed the game a bit better when we were ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back four were excellent today. Coming along Easter Rd after the game a Hibs fan asked me who our no 5 was as he thought the guy was tremendous.

Thought by some distance that was Waters best game today. For months I have been saying we would see a lot more from Ilkay if he had a full back supporting him. Well he did today. Waters passed forward instead of inside and overlapped Ilkay providing him space. Ilkay was great today especially in the first half. Biggest bugbear is as usual when the only forward who threatens the most is taken off every single week with 10/15 mins to go.

MacPherson man of the match. Foley good as well.

Morias either isn't listening to what the manger tells him or Jim isn't telling him how to play as a winger because he doesn't have a clue. Constantly moves into the centre leaving Flynn exposed and not providing any width. And when we have the ball he doesn't go forward off the ball to push back their defence but runs towards the player with the ball as all he wants to do is run with the ball at the opposition. No positional discipline - seems to play for himself and not the team.

Though that was Andreu's best game as well in the stripes. I still think he is a luxury player who doesn't work nearly hard enough but he had a good first half.

Obika. How does he stay on a pitch for 90 mins without being subbed?

Anyway, very good performance in a game we should have had tied up at half time but a point is a point. Play like that on Wed and it should be 3 points in the bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

End of season is irrelevant right now. Obika has more league goals than May. Think May takes penalties as well.

You don't like Obika and are using May scoring for St. Johnstone against Hearts as a stick to beat him with.

So penalties don't count? :blink:

Great new rule. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good all round performance today. With one exception. Obika just doesn't have it. He was poor today. How he played the whole game only Goody will know. This guy seriously needs to up his game. Morias made a mistake for the equaliser. And it was a foul on Foley. McPherson was top dog for us today his freekicks and crosses were superb. But tbf they all put a shift in except one. Funny thing is when leaving the stadium it felt like a defeat. Yet before the game I think any if us would have taken a point. But massive game Wednesday night. Lets get behind the team all of them. Coys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munoz said:

Just home from today's game.  I thought the up until Hibs scored their first, was probably as good as we've played this season. Commiting plenty of players forward and playing some really neat football, topped off with two really good goals.  It's just a shame we let Hibs back into it, cause if we had got to half time with the two goal cushion, I think we would have had the 3pts. 

Plenty of plus points today, but thought Obika and possibly Morias should have been subbed a bit earlier. 

Happy enough with the point but could have had the 3 if we had managed the game a bit better when we were ahead.

Agree with this. Would only add that Obika and Morias put in a serious amount of work today and showed signs of tiredness so perhaps should have been subbed earlier. Thought Hodson slotted in well when he came on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree with this. Would only add that Obika and Morias put in a serious amount of work today and showed signs of tiredness so perhaps should have been subbed earlier. Thought Hodson slotted in well when he came on. 

I've been very supportive of Obika,  but today he didn't have a good game. His touch was terrible.  Definitely should have been subbed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, munoz said:

I've been very supportive of Obika,  but today he didn't have a good game. His touch was terrible.  Definitely should have been subbed. 

I just agreed that he should have been munoz but he covered a lot of ground and bumped into plenty of Hibs players. But also agree that often he let the ball run away from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:

"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:

"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "

I found that strange when I read that earlier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agree with this. Would only add that Obika and Morias put in a serious amount of work today and showed signs of tiredness so perhaps should have been subbed earlier. Thought Hodson slotted in well when he came on. 

Obika put in work today?? When was that when was getting off the team bus. His work rate is 0. His ball control is 0. His heading ability is 0. So how did he play 90mins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:
"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "
As like you Kheredine couldn't have been there either. We played the whole game with 10 men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:
"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "


Yep I wasn’t there but can’t say I’m surprised. Been couple of instances where other managers and fans of opposing teams have complimented Obika this season.

It’s just a vocal minority of our fans that don’t like him. Thankfully our manager ignores them and I suspect and hope that he will continue to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TopCat said:

 


Yep I wasn’t there but can’t say I’m surprised. Been couple of instances where other managers and fans of opposing teams have complimented Obika this season.

It’s just a vocal minority of our fans that don’t like him. Thankfully our manager ignores them and I suspect and hope that he will continue to.

 

That leaves 22 games where they haven't. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how the ones that hardly go to a game think hes alright. 6ft1. Not once this season has he had a header on target. Sorry if Gabbi is the player he looks like on YouTube then find Obika a good seat on the bench.



Yep I wasn’t there but can’t say I’m surprised. Been couple of instances where other managers and fans of opposing teams have complimented Obika this season.

It’s just a vocal minority of our fans that don’t like him. Thankfully our manager ignores them and I suspect and hope that he will continue to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obika gets a raw deal from many people, but today he had a bad game. 

He is a good player and is probably one of the most experienced players at the club. 

Now we are slightly top heavy in the forward positions,  we now no we have options.  If someone is continually putting in bad performances,  they will be replaced.  This competition in the final 3rd can only be a good thing in the remainder of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, rabuddies said:
Interesting to read the comments about Obika. Now I wasn't at the game today but the BBC's Kheredine commented on him as follows:
"Jonathan Obika also led the line superbly for the visitors and was part of the reason they were able to play a lot of their football in the Hibs half. "

As like you Kheredine couldn't have been there either. We played the whole game with 10 men.

Only managed to hold the ball and link up play 4 times the entire match and can't remember him winning a header.

7 goals of which 1 was decent and a few were lucky.

Personally see him as a bit of a liability as has also stopped 3 efforts on goal by others players in those games that looked as if were going in. His first touch and control is poor and has a lack of mobility. Being unable to hold the ball up more often or do much when he receives it just ends up with the ball coming back at us. I can't believe that anyone thinks he is a good frontman for us and couldn't say at the end of any match that he had a good game for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...