Very Few Tickets Sold For Motherwell, 8th Feb

W6er

A bit obsessive, I know, but I knew that season ticket holders had until midnight 4th February to book their seats. I have just checked online and it looks as though nobody's bought them! 

https://www.smfctickets.co.uk/login.php

I really don't understand the mentality, and would have thought most people will be looking forward to the Cup. This after we refused Motherwell's request for extra tickets.

2018946346_MotherwellCup8Feb.jpg.ba4d337e5dac2d5906f764e51f3dc8e9.jpg

I know many people will buy them at tomorrow night's game, but I'm shocked at how few have been sold.

Edited by W6er

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The online booking system is a massive crock of shite. Don't believe anything it portrays.

It's not flawless, by any means, but I can't see how it can be that imprecise! It looks like a very small crowd on Saturday, which is poor especially given that Motherwell are bringing 1,600.

I always preferred cup games to the league. With the Scottish leagues you play the same old teams three or four times a year, sometimes for years on end. At least with the cup it’s our best chance of winning something, and makes this game more interesting than the average Saints v ‘Well league fixture.

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

It’s ok. We were told tens of thousands of Motherwell fans will be going in the home end. It’s going to be like 1977 all over again. 

Dirty cheating Motherwell bastards!

With a reverse result. 

As someone said earlier, I believe many will buy their tickets tonight or on the day, however, I think tonight’s result, and performance, will make a big difference to the attendance on Saturday.

Big turnout if we play well and thrash Accies tonight.
Much poorer if we don’t perform and it’s a draw. Or God forbid a loss.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

There will be a healthy home support on Saturday.  A good chance of progress to the quarter finals has got to be a big incentive.

I hope you're right. It does appear as though season ticket holders haven't purchased their seats, though. My fear is that many will be feeling the pinch after Christmas, or something.

9 minutes ago, W6er said:

I hope you're right. It does appear as though season ticket holders haven't purchased their seats, though. My fear is that many will be feeling the pinch after Christmas, or something.

You could be right that finances are TIGHT at this time of year but I think that Turra is right and a number will buy today or pay on the day. I've given up on the online booking system and buy tickets by phone. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You could be right that finances are TIGHT at this time of year but I think that Turra is right and a number will buy today or pay on the day. I've given up on the online booking system and buy tickets by phone. 

Aye, in my opening post I said many folks might buy them at tonight's game. The online booking system isn't perfect by any means, but regardless of how people buy them it should show the number of tickets sold. I've just calculated we've sold 2,701, in addition to the Motherwell support of 1,600, making a total of 4,301 tickets sold. I'm anticipating another 1,000 to be sold before Saturday if we get a decent result tonight.

Just now, W6er said:

Aye, in my opening post I said many folks might buy them at tonight's game. The online booking system isn't perfect by any means, but regardless of how people buy them it should show the number of tickets sold. I've just calculated we've sold 2,701, in addition to the Motherwell support of 1,600, making a total of 4,301 tickets sold. I'm anticipating another 1,000 to be sold before Saturday if we get a decent result tonight.

I see where you are coming from. This would take us to a crowd of around 5,300. I'm hoping for another 1,000 or so on top of that. 5,300 would be decent though. 

Our W7 Group should be moved permanently into our Family Stand. 

Overspill from the Away End should be seated in W6 & W7 

This should have been arranged before tickets were sold for the Cup Tie. 

Motherwell fans should be in the West Stand also.  

4 minutes ago, shull said:

My goodness Shull. You will be worried. I agree with you. I'd love to have the W6/W7 lads behind our home goal. And, happy to see overflow of away fans in W7 and W6. Won't happen this season though. Looking forward to W7 W6 giving their usual great backing to the team. 

Edited by St.Ricky

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Motherwell should definitely have been given more tickets, given that they sold out their allocation within a few days! It would have meant more money generated and a better atmosphere.