Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Neil Ferguson gets paid by the WHO for advice

The WHO is funded by Bill Gates

Bill Gates is developing a vaccine

Neil Ferguson is in the news today stating that significant social distancing is needed until a vaccine is developed. The WHO says the same.

Follow the money 

:lol:

55 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yep, it's the Alt-Right in the US and Nigel Farage in the UK who are lining up to back Trump on cutting funding to the WHO not the left. It's clearly part of Trump's re-election strategy.

Bill Gates & Big Pharma is a different issue.

I genuinely don't know much about the WHO, but to whom are they held accountable? Does the US disproportionately fund them? If so, what justification is there fore taking US taxpayers' money and giving it to an unelected globalist body? Those are genuine questions, btw. I'm wary of the likes of the UN, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg, etc.

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I genuinely don't know much about the WHO, but to whom are they held accountable? Does the US disproportionately fund them? If so, what justification is there fore taking US taxpayers' money and giving it to an unelected globalist body? Those are genuine questions, btw. I'm wary of the likes of the UN, Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg, etc.

It's part of the UN, the US were the largest contributor but as antrin pointed out on the last page Trump has been messing about with their funding for a while. As for US percentage of the budget the best info I could find was 15%. The withdrawal of US funding has left Bill Gates charitable foundation as it's largest funder.

United States is biggest overall donor to Geneva-based WHO, contributing over $400 million in 2019, roughly 15% of its budget

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/world/trump-halts-funding-to-who-over-handling-of-coronavirus-crisis-in-us/story/401009.html

Fair enough if your wary about the UN, but most observers see the cut as an election move by Trump and as I say it has mainly been supported by the Alt-Right including the one below who reckoned Bill Gates funded the creation of the virus!

Bill Gates owns 15% of the WHO, he funded the lab in Wuhan (where I believe the virus was created), he's behind the Pandemic movie (on Netflix), that coincidentally came out at the start of this virus, he also heavily funds (& at great profits) off vaccines.

Gates has a conflict of interest in all of this with as much as he has his hands in related to vaccines and the WHO.

https://thinkamericana.com/the-reason-big-pharma-fauci-and-bill-gates-want-to-ban-hydroxychloroquine/

Now I am no defender of Gates & Big Pharma but it's a side issue introduced by Hiram Abiff & a distraction from my initial point.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Denmark regrets going into lockdown...

We should never have pressed the stop button. The Danish health care system had the situation under control. The total lockdown was a step too far,“ argues Professor Jens Otto Lunde Jørgensen of Aarhus University Hospital. Denmark is currently ramping up school operations again.

8 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Denmark regrets going into lockdown...

We should never have pressed the stop button. The Danish health care system had the situation under control. The total lockdown was a step too far,“ argues Professor Jens Otto Lunde Jørgensen of Aarhus University Hospital. Denmark is currently ramping up school operations again.

Depends how you look at it.

The biggest number they have had was 22 in a single day.

Hardly going to swamp their health system.

Not sure if that's a result of the lockdown. 

PS Maybe they just know how to wash their hands? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

7 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

We now know that the lockdown has directly killed 2,400 (source ONS) in one week

And there is no evidence it will save a single life

estimates now coming out that the lockdown will kill 150,000

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/485876-covid-lockdown-kills-150000/

Blimey, that is an appallingly written article. Both in terms of its dreadful style and its bias.

Do you have any articles which weren't written by pre-pubescent teenagers?

6 minutes ago, GMan said:

I'm bagsying Shull for the forum's dead pool, btw. An auld yin with a poor diet and out and about during the pandemic. What're the odds?

I shall return to haunt a few.

A drop, albeit very slight, today to 847 from 861, Oaky will be disappointed.

With another three weeks, at least, of the current lockdown I wonder what numbers we'll be seeing closer to that point?

Both Italy and Spain have seen numbers around 500 for the last week, still not great but steady. 

I noticed the current furlough scheme is only in place until early June, wonder if that will be moved? 

28 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

@bazil85 told us that the lockdown was worth it if it saved even one life

we now know that from the ONS stats for week ending 3rd April that the lockdown killed 2,607 people

were those deaths worth it @bazil85?

This is a ridiculous conclusion to come to for multiple reasons. 

- 2,607 is far from a conclusive number of people that have died as of that date directly due to lockdown. Your sources and the data are questionable to say the very least

- Even if that was true, there is no way you can know that the number of coronavirus deaths would not have been much higher in the UK without a lockdown. If you think there is a solution where we can completely eliminate people dying right now, please share it. 

- 1 in 5 death certificates now note coronavirus linked to deaths. This shows people are dying even with stringent lockdown measures and that people that may of died are being hasted towards death

- Large parts of what we are being told is only part of the story, there are likely far more coronavirus related deaths not being recorded

- You make an assumption there is some magical solution. Lift the lockdown and stop these 2,607 deaths with no additional repercussions. We have over 108k confirmed cases with a lockdown that's been going for almost a month. On what planet will that number not ramp up if we remove the lockdown. 

- the death rate is about 11%, yes some of those people would have dies anyway but it's still miles out from any reasonable tolerance. 

- the lockdown is worth it, I value human life far more than the economy. We know it isn't fool proof and people will die regardless. I will never share your view that human life is greatly expendable as long as we can get the economy running again

- Your exmple country Sweden, continues to get panned in the media and by health experts. They are rapidly outpacing their neighbours in every category regarding coronavirus. It's one of the most right wing stances any developed country has taken. Economy over peoples lives. 

- You've admitted you vastly underestimated how deadly this disease is, why do you want millions of people out catching and spreading it? 

17 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

We now know that the lockdown has directly killed 2,400 (source ONS) in one week

And there is no evidence it will save a single life

estimates now coming out that the lockdown will kill 150,000

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/485876-covid-lockdown-kills-150000/

The article says could

A cure worse than the disease: UK lockdown could cause 150,000 ‘avoidable’ deaths, MORE than the virus it’s meant to stop

as I've said previously I've got nothing against listening to alternative views but who compiled this figure - do you know or have any idea of their credibility?

Let's look at rt.com - U gotta judge 4 yourself how much to trust them....

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian part-government-funded international television network. It operates pay television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, and Russian.

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A drop, albeit very slight, today to 847 from 861, Oaky will be disappointed.

With another three weeks, at least, of the current lockdown I wonder what numbers we'll be seeing closer to that point?

Both Italy and Spain have seen numbers around 500 for the last week, still not great but steady. 

I noticed the current furlough scheme is only in place until early June, wonder if that will be moved? 

Government have extended this scheme until the end of June.

Well done, gives some financial support for many when there are plenty of other things to worry about.

Wonder if the 3 month mortgage relief will be extended? 

10 hours ago, GMan said:

Anyone looking for a fake NHS employee card send me a PM... :whistle

Meanwhile thousands of loyal and regular Morrsons users who are now out of work and struggling are offered no such discounts.

NHS Staff who in general may use other Supermarkets are given 10% off by Morrisons. 

Aye, NHS Staff who are getting full time wages and probably as much overtime as they want.

FECK MORRISONS and their selective shit.