Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Levies or wranglers ? 
I suppose this will show Shull and the other (probably his aliases) posters on here that it’s not just a seasonal flu that we have nothing to worry about and why wear a mask, it’s a global conspiracy........

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Levies or wranglers ? 
I suppose this will show Shull and the other (probably his aliases) posters on here that it’s not just a seasonal flu that we have nothing to worry about and why wear a mask, it’s a global conspiracy........

Btw...?

”Levi’s” would be much, much better.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I expect the cases to rise significantly around Christmas with the frenzy of shopping and partying.

It seems the safest place is to be working on a soap, they have been working for months with no/little outbreaks.

It seems people can prevent the spread if they follow the basic rules. 

The chief medical officer has said that the second wave was caused by people going on holidays abroad.

But apparently you know better. 🤣

Just now, oaksoft said:

The chief medical officer has said that the second wave was caused by people going on holidays abroad.

But apparently you know better. 🤣

Oh aye, that makes sense. :lol: 

You're the clown who thought the early predcition of 500,000 deaths in the UK was a possibilty.

Even more recent, 100,000 by the end of the year. 

Come back when you find an ounce of common sense. :byebye

I don't remember reading or hearing him saying that. Can you show or provide a link to anything like you said. [emoji54]

From The National newspaper.

Giving more detail on the Sage report, Professor Jason Leitch, the national clinical director, said the first lockdown successfully eliminated around the majority of 300 strains of the virus. He said Covid-19 infections in the second wave were caused by new strains introduced to Scotland from other parts of the UK or abroad: “Once as a society we are allowed to travel again, we brought fresh new strains into Scotland, which started our second wave.”

Professor Jason Leitch, the national clinical director,

He's not the Chief Medical Officer. [emoji6]

But apparently you know better. [emoji1787]

So, would that make oaksoft wrong and someone knowing better? [emoji1787]

6 hours ago, shull said:

Stupid even by your standards, Flu and Covid are completley different viruses. 

Also worth pointing out that if we had an influenza that killed around 0.5% of cases we'd be going into lockdown for that. What every you want to say about it 78,000 excess deaths is not something to be ignored

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh aye, that makes sense. :lol: 

You're the clown who thought the early predcition of 500,000 deaths in the UK was a possibilty.

Even more recent, 100,000 by the end of the year. 

Come back when you find an ounce of common sense. :byebye

Well to be fair to Oaky (I don't know we should, but I will anyway) excess deaths are currently @78,000 and we still have a few weeks.

18 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Well to be fair to Oaky (I don't know we should, but I will anyway) excess deaths are currently @78,000 and we still have a few weeks.

I've constantly used Worldometer, just over 60,000.

I'm not getting into another "these figures" versus "these figures" debate.

PS Worldometer was good enough for Oaky for the majority of this mess, just saying. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

PS Worldometer was good enough for Oaky for the majority of this mess, just saying. 

You're quoting deaths with Covid on the certificate, I'm quoting excess deaths. That's fine.

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That'll be the one where China have posted 2 Covid deaths since mid-April - reliable is not the word that springs to mind.

Must be in double figures now but I'll ask again why would GPs & the ONS lie?

23 hours ago, shull said:

Still in the Season of Influenza are we ?

Better stay in.

:lol:

Let me just try and understand what you’re trying to say? You think that Covid is similar to the flu, so given that we don’t put restrictions in place every year for flu we should all be able to go outside and get on with our normal lives? 
unfortunately as was believed from the beginning of the crisis, this virus has different effects on different people. We now know that your Genes can determine whether you get very mild symptoms or very severe symptoms.

Given we don’t yet know how to screen for the people who will have severe symptoms are you advocating that we all just look at it as a big health lottery and take a ticket?