Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

2 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I'm confident he will sign although I think it will be more 2 years with a 1 year option. I'm sure there are more players of same age been dropped by clubs and desperate to get back into the game. Whether he would stay the length of a contract, debatable. Certainly give him a platform to go onto having a good career, staying with us imo.

I believe he will sign for us. He has the chance to win a League Cup and Scottish Cup double in his first season followed by a Europa League triumph next season. 😂 

Usually it would be released by club player has signed 3 year deal, nothing else. The fact it has made news make me think his agent has released it to press to push for deal elsewhere. If he signs be great news but really can't see it now.

52 minutes ago, God of war said:

Usually it would be released by club player has signed 3 year deal, nothing else. The fact it has made news make me think his agent has released it to press to push for deal elsewhere. If he signs be great news but really can't see it now.

There's not a lot of options for him just now though. He's not going to get an English Championship gig yet and English league 1 and league 2 can't actually offer more than us now due to their wage cap. The SPFL is a far better platform than English 3rd or 4th tier now that the equaliser of them offering more money is not an option. 

A 3 year deal in the middle of a pandemic would be sensible for him. Puts him in shop window and secures us long term. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There's not a lot of options for him just now though. He's not going to get an English Championship gig yet and English league 1 and league 2 can't actually offer more than us now due to their wage cap. The SPFL is a far better platform than English 3rd or 4th tier now that the equaliser of them offering more money is not an option. 

A 3 year deal in the middle of a pandemic would be sensible for him. Puts him in shop window and secures us long term. 

So why was it made public? And why say the club are waiting on his decision? Surely get contract look it over and sign. Not go away for a think....really can't see this coming off.. really really hope im wrong...

Edited by God of war

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see Doyle Hayes staying. 

Although he's probably got a lot to consider, the offer has been on the table for a few weeks now.

Like you I feel that the odds just now are in favour of him committing himself to another team.

I hope I'm wrong too.

We've all seen this film before many times.

I think if Jake had wanted to stay he would have signed by now.

We maybe need to be moving to a position of just hoping he stays until the summer with our Cup semi coming up.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, djchapsticks said:

How could you possibly know what options he has available?

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see Doyle Hayes staying. 

Well if you are saying this you must know something as I have always thought you to be very reliable when it comes to any news about what's going on at the club. All the more reason now to keep Sam Foley. 

6 minutes ago, God of war said:

How could you possibly know what options he has available?

I don't know - it's called speculating.

Our own manager said himself yesterday that he'll have better offers to mull over in a year to 18 months time.🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

Well if you are saying this you must know something as I have always thought you to be very reliable when it comes to any news about what's going on at the club. All the more reason now to keep Sam Foley. 

Jake is contracted till end of season. With money being tight, he wouldn't move till then. Just my opinion.  Sam ? 

23 minutes ago, pod said:

Jake is contracted till end of season. With money being tight, he wouldn't move till then. Just my opinion.  Sam ? 

Ross County showing an interest in taking Sam on loan.

We have jdh until the end of the season, he, s an excellent player but there will be other good players  about. Cammy and Ethan will have learned from him and may kick on and improve. Flynn can probably do the same job. Think if the new signings improve the team JDH may want to be part of what us potentially a right good team. 

Would think now JDH has a contract elsewhere. Do we wait till we are safe and drop him so we can build for next season? What do folk think, personally if he's not committed to club id go for Flynn or McPherson before him even now....