Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hearing there's to be a vote next month on bringing the Celtic and Rangers colts into the league... Seemingly it's down to the rest of the league to get their colt players ready for their first team or the market to sell on if they're not good enough.. While they stifle young talent to concentrate on the foreign market... 

 

Edited by portmahomack saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hearing there's to be a vote next month on bringing the Celtic and Rangers colts into the league... Seemingly it's down to the rest of the league to get their colt players ready for their first team or the market to sell on if they're not good enough.. While they stifle young talent to concentrate on the foreign market... 

 

They're only interested in their own greed.  Tell them to f**k off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just as important for young players to play with seasoned professionals as it is to play against them probably even more so.... 

But that doesn't suit their agenda which is for the rest of us to nurture their youth.... While if the opportunity arises they can move to England or a European league.. and have their Colts ready to take their place to clean up the cash at home...  be warned 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with others sentiments. I reckon I’d chuck all interest in football if it ever came to pass we let the ugly sister lay the groundwork for having their b teams dominate Scottish football when their A teams chase the money in some other league. They want to have their cake and eat it and life doesn’t/shouldn’t work that way. Id love them to piss off and only win a trophy once in a blue moon. Let’s see how many fans they’d have then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Supporter Direct Scotland have launched a B team/ Colts Poll very anyone interested. 

http://www.scottishsupporters.net/b-teams-in-spfl-league-two-have-your-say/ 

Thanks for posting the link.

I've added my comments telling them to jump in the sea with this idea but I don't know whether this will have any effect.

Clearly this is being done so quickly to take advantage of the pandemic causing financial hardship for lower league teams. For that single reason alone the people driving this should be permanently removed from our game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If they want their teams to enter league 2 I think it only right we should accommodate them, 

If they are so desperate to sample the delights of league 2,  both of them should be relegated to league 2 now and charged for bringing the game into disrepute, 

Would give the lower leagues the fresh injection it needs having suffered most during the pandemic. And it's not all bad, just imagine some of the new records they would be setting

Most arrests at a tier 4 game in world football 

Attendance record IRN BRU Challenge cup final { they even get there wish to play teams from down south like Sutton United Boreham Wood.

How many more records could they set ??? 

 

 

P.S  and just so there is no hard feelings and it's nothing personal :whistle  we should accept one of there proposal's put forward.

They can't get promoted to the top tier 

Edited by portmahomack saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dutch & Belgian leagues are hopefully a sign of things to come with clubs playing cross border. Would happily wave the bigot brothers off to any other league on the planet if it meant getting them out of Scottish football. Don’t forget your colts...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

 

Most arrests at a tier 4 game in world football 

Attendance record IRN BRU Challenge cup final 

How many more records could they set ??? 

I think sevco already hold these records..........although it was the Petrofac Cup at the time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elgin City have went public that they haven’t been engaged and will consult their fans before a decision. If two Scottish Premier clubs do the same the proposal is dead in the water given the vote structure. 

let’s hope so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Elgin City have went public that they haven’t been engaged and will consult their fans before a decision. If two Scottish Premier clubs do the same the proposal is dead in the water given the vote structure. 

let’s hope so. 

I think it needs more opposition than that but I might be wrong.

I think any proposal needs 9 Premier teams, 8 Championship teams and 15 from Leagues 1 and 2 before it can pass.

If that's right we need 4 Premier teams or 3 Championship teams or 6 Lower league teams to kill it.

Personally, taking the OF out of it, I just don't see how this benefits anyone.

I would absolutely oppose any attempt to put a Saints colt team in League 2. These young players need competitive games but not playing alongside other kids in the same team. They need to play with and against first team players competitively and the loan system already allows that to happen. I'm struggling to see why the OF want this and why they are prepared to pay so much for it because they always seem to buy in expensive players as a first, second and third option. If they weren't so utterly obsessed with religious bigotry and each other they would give their young players a chance themselves. They are just not going to move their own players into the first team straight from them playing Elgin City any faster or in any greater quantity than they already do through the loan system.

So what are we missing here folks? What's in this for the OF that they don't already have because let's face it, they don't give a shit about the development of Scottish football?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So what are we missing here folks? What's in this for the OF that they don't already have because let's face it, they don't give a shit about the development of Scottish football?

They want a presences in the Scottish league so they can play their daddy team in a more lucrative market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think it needs more opposition than that but I might be wrong.

I think any proposal needs 9 Premier teams, 8 Championship teams and 15 from Leagues 1 and 2 before it can pass.

If that's right we need 4 Premier teams or 3 Championship teams or 6 Lower league teams to kill it.

Personally, taking the OF out of it, I just don't see how this benefits anyone.

I would absolutely oppose any attempt to put a Saints colt team in League 2. These young players need competitive games but not playing alongside other kids in the same team. They need to play with and against first team players competitively and the loan system already allows that to happen. I'm struggling to see why the OF want this and why they are prepared to pay so much for it because they always seem to buy in expensive players as a first, second and third option. If they weren't so utterly obsessed with religious bigotry and each other they would give their young players a chance themselves. They are just not going to move their own players into the first team straight from them playing Elgin City any faster or in any greater quantity than they already do through the loan system.

So what are we missing here folks? What's in this for the OF that they don't already have because let's face it, they don't give a shit about the development of Scottish football?

I believe in the top flight it’s 11-1 voting for any change that increases the number of clubs in the league structure (not just the top flight), it used to be called the “Old Firm Veto”

Agree with everything else, ultimately for me the most important people are the fans of clubs at these levels and they simply don’t want it, it would appear.

Edited by bazil85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, bazil85 said:

Dutch & Belgian leagues are hopefully a sign of things to come with clubs playing cross border. Would happily wave the bigot brothers off to any other league on the planet if it meant getting them out of Scottish football. Don’t forget your colts...  

Bye, Bye TV money!  💸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I believe in the top flight it’s 11-1 voting for any change that increases the number of clubs in the league structure (not just the top flight), it used to be called the “Old Firm Veto” .

The only reason the 11-1 vote remains in place was because of that selfish Aberdonian cnut Milne. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Bye, Bye TV money!  💸

I would happily never have a Scottish football game on TV again if the Glasgow Tourists were removed from the leagues. Less money in the clubs pockets to strengthen teams but let's be honest, no one watches Scottish football for the quality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...