Jump to content

The capacity debacle


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Have they not already pretty much confirmed they are applying for the stadium maximum? Surely given social distance rules are gone, that's main stand as well. 

"Following the announcement from The Scottish Government earlier this week, we can confidently say that the St Johnstone match on Saturday 28th August will host a capacity allowance of at least 5000, and we will be applying to the council to allow us to achieve the maximum number of supporters into The SMiSA Stadium. We will do everything in our power to increase the capacity above the 5000 and to welcome our fans back in to cheer on the Saints."

"We will do everything in our power to raise capacity above 5000". 

Given every other club has simply asked their LA for max capacity and they have almost immediately said no problem, what exactly do we mean ? Why would RC be applying different criteria to any other in the country who simply seem to be ticking a box. It really is odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

"We will do everything in our power to raise capacity above 5000". 

Given every other club has simply asked their LA for max capacity and they have almost immediately said no problem, what exactly do we mean ? Why would RC be applying different criteria to any other in the country who simply seem to be ticking a box. It really is odd.

Fill the ground tomorrow night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see that the Green bigots aren't allowing any Hearts fans on Saturday,  even with full capacity allowed, due to the continued requirement for "Red Zone" to be maintained within grounds.

Quote

“This is due to the need for sections of the stadium to remain sterile in order to maintain a Red Zone, resulting in affected home supporters being moved to other areas of the ground.”

Doesn't bode well for the The Fakes game, with respect to Main stand season ticket holders sitting in their purchased seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi new poster here hoping I can get some advice.

It looks like an appalling time to ask this with the capacity issues and restrictions but is there any rough idea of when match day tickets are likely to go on general sale again?

Backstory...
My dad was born in Paisley and grew up watching your fine club at Love Street in the 50s and 60s and still follows online. He moved south of the border decades ago where I was born and raised in Sheffield.

I harangued him into taking me to Sheffield United games in the 90s and he still has a season ticket with me to this day despite living on the south coast of England now. He turns 80 next month so I'd quite like to return the favour with a St Mirren match. Hope he doesn't browse this forum.

Secondary off topic question, any tips for an autumn weekend in the local area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Season Ticket Relocation for Red Zone Areas - Livingston FC

Looks likely that this will be the model that we have to follow, as long as the requirement to maintain a "red zone" is in place.

Not ideal for Main stand season ticket holders.

 

Regarding our main stand Red Zone. How come the BoD are exempt from the rules governing this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Slash said:

Regarding our main stand Red Zone. How come the BoD are exempt from the rules governing this?

What do you mean by exempt?

The BoD are included on the list of "cleared individuals".

image.png.e81d5a067dc3e24be4e0cee8c9aa2fc1.png

Edited by FTOF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Flynnaldo said:

Hi new poster here hoping I can get some advice.

It looks like an appalling time to ask this with the capacity issues and restrictions but is there any rough idea of when match day tickets are likely to go on general sale again?

Backstory...
My dad was born in Paisley and grew up watching your fine club at Love Street in the 50s and 60s and still follows online. He moved south of the border decades ago where I was born and raised in Sheffield.

I harangued him into taking me to Sheffield United games in the 90s and he still has a season ticket with me to this day despite living on the south coast of England now. He turns 80 next month so I'd quite like to return the favour with a St Mirren match. Hope he doesn't browse this forum.

Secondary off topic question, any tips for an autumn weekend in the local area?

In normal times (anyone remember them?) there would be no problem just turning up and buying a ticket for any stand you wanted. However these are not normal times. It looks like we should have a 5k capacity on 28th Aug but that is not confirmed as yet. I would ask your question in a week or two when hopefully things become clearer.

There is a walking tour of Paisley that your dad may enjoy if he is fit enough. And the thread museum and Sma'shot cottages are maybe worth a quick visit as is a pint in the Bull Inn. You can check on-line about opening times. Enjoy your weekend whenever it happens. And keep checking about tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What do you mean by exempt?

The BoD are included on the list of "cleared individuals".

 

Fair enough. Perhaps they should be made to pay for their padded seats like the punters who have been displaced. 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That will be the Fakes game (and Darkheid) moved to the Sunday due to their Euro games on the Thu nights.

Think we’ll have played them both before the next round 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, HSS said:
Think we’ll have played them both before the next round 

No both Thursdays are the dates of the 1st and 2nd legs ie next two weeks.

You’re half right……..St J play on the Thurs while sellic play on the Weds 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alanb said:

I see that the club are selling corporate hospitality for the St Johnstone game and those following.

For those wishing an OF game, tough, sold out already...

Red Zone bubble burst  ???

Corporate Hospitality (stmirren.com)

I'm not so sure AlanB, it may be ok as the Corporate Hospitality Suite has a separate entrance and they can keep everybody contained and away from the designated Red Zone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not so sure AlanB, it may be ok as the Corporate Hospitality Suite has a separate entrance and they can keep everybody contained and away from the designated Red Zone.

Seats are outside though when watching the game, doubt anyone would pay £115 to watch SMTV in the lounge 😷

Also thought area was being used by players and staff as extra space to utilise

Awaiting official announcement eagerly as a main stand ST holder, Burst the red zone bubble now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, alanb said:

Seats are outside though when watching the game, doubt anyone would pay £115 to watch SMTV in the lounge 😷

Also thought area was being used by players and staff as extra space to utilise

Awaiting official announcement eagerly as a main stand ST holder, Burst the red zone bubble now.

I think it goes back to entrances and very specific areas and whether they can block off areas of the main stand which I presume they can.......anyway I hope you get back to your seat soon

 

image.png.669de3d1adaaf19a9214bd713fb73d55.png

image.png.07094ee363e0e46a72cd1074683e2aea.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...