Liz Truss

We have been through this before. You have this self belief that you are the smartest person in the room. Thats fine. If spelling mistakes bring you humour then knock yer self out. 
I rarely understand your posts, normally monotonous. They have no real content and are imo deliberately written to allow you to take a pompous and arrogant stance. But hey you are the Professor 

If it's a room with two people in it, and you're one of them, then I expect that, the vast majority of the time, the other person will be the smartest person in the room. That may also extend to a room with just you and a budgie in it.

Your lack of understanding doesn't mean that my posts are monotonous or lack content, it just means that you don't understand plain English.

I'm not a professor, you're mixing me up with Oaky.

Maybe I should just make up another silly nickname for you so you can run greetin' to Div again. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

We have been through this before. You have this self belief that you are the smartest person in the room. Thats fine. If spelling mistakes bring you humour then knock yer self out. 

I rarely understand your posts, normally monotonous. They have no real content and are imo deliberately written to allow you to take a pompous and arrogant stance. But hey you are the Professor 

An irony meter somewhere has just exploded.

20 minutes ago, Slarti said:

If it's a room with two people in it, and you're one of them, then I expect that, the vast majority of the time, the other person will be the smartest person in the room. That may also extend to a room with just you and a budgie in it.

Your lack of understanding doesn't mean that my posts are monotonous or lack content, it just means that you don't understand plain English.

I'm not a professor, you're mixing me up with Oaky.

Maybe I should just make up another silly nickname for you so you can run greetin' to Div again. emoji1787.png

Apologies. You are not as intelligent as i first gave you credit for. Still as monotonous and pompous though. 

The problem you have with me is you think I’m someone that I’m not. Now that’s dumb

Apologies. You are not as intelligent as i first gave you credit for. Still as monotonous and pompous though. 
The problem you have with me is you think I’m someone that I’m not. Now that’s dumb

Yeah, I'm probably a lot more intelligent than you first gave me credit for.

I don't have a problem with you at all. I only resort to personal "attacks" when someone has already personally "attacked" me. Even then, I only point out what the person has made obvious through their own posts. Besides that, you're not important enough to have a problem with.

As for who you are, you're one of two people (well, you're really one of almost 8 billion people, but you get the drift). I'm pretty confident which one you are but there's still a very small chance that you're the other.

31 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

You are the user formerly known as LawStud. We all know who you are behind your Brilliant Disguise. 👋 

18 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Is privatisation a bad thing. When these companies were nationalised they were a financial disaster. They were privatised because of the burden they were to the government 

The national  electricity companies and British Gas ere always a licence to print money and could easily have been converted, as the French and German equivalents, into profitablee state-owned assets that continued to deliver benefite to the taxpayer while still being fair to the customer.  MT startedthe process of selling the lot off for a fast buck and that should never have happened.  They were never a financial disaster.

Edited by beyond our ken

On 8/4/2022 at 7:40 PM, Brilliant Disguise said:

Is privatisation a bad thing. When these companies were nationalised they were a financial disaster. They were privatised because of the burden they were to the government 

BT was never a drain on the public purse. In fact it was very a successful part of the post office which allowed the postal service to keep prices down. The tories seperated thhe two parts to sell off the profitable part. Just ask SID.

The railway system has NOT benefitted from privitisation and fragmentation. It's a shambles.

They undersold the rights to what would have been an immensely profitable oil and gas sector.

Channel 4 next.

Privitisation of profitable public companies make no sense. 

So, yes, privitisation is a terrible thing.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Watching the hustings on GBN.

I do like her low tax investment zones policy that would help places like Paisley attract more businesses. 

Still think both are twats. 

These f**kers will say anything to whichever audience is in front of them to get the top job.
Once in office , their promises and grand plans will disappear faster than snow off a dyke . 

wankers the lot of them . 😡

20 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Great to see the Paisley girl, now Prime Minister. Indeed, Paisley's first Prime Minister.

It takes a village to raise a child, and anyone who has had an influence should be very proud.

Hope to see her at a home game soon.

I don’t agree with her politics. Keep your eye on Paisley though. True enough.

Great to see the Paisley girl, now Prime Minister. Indeed, Paisley's first Prime Minister.
It takes a village to raise a child, and anyone who has had an influence should be very proud.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

It takes a village to ra ise a child, and anyone who has had an influence should be very proud.

Livinginthepast :lol:  you don't go back very far do you, get your facts right she's not a Paisley girl she's from Oxford who stopped in the town for a quick slash before headed back south with her English family,  and she's not the first Prime Minister to have a connection to Paisley 

Herbert Henry Asquith Prime Minister was the MP for Paisley in 1920 

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

1) As Portmahomack said. She's not from Paisley.

2) She is undoubtably going to be another in the line of disastrous appointments and yet another tory  elected by an even slighter majority of a small minority of the population

3) She is as much a buffoon as the last incumbent of 10 DS.

4) It seems her only policy is to self serve. She will be determined to dismantle the NHS to fill her, and her cronies, pockets.

Edited by stlucifer

Livinginthepast [emoji38]  you don't go back very far do you, get your facts right she's not a Paisley girl she's from Oxford who stopped in the town for a quick slash before headed back south with her English family,  and she's not the first Prime Minister to have a connection to Paisley 
Herbert Henry Asquith Prime Minister was the MP for Paisley in 1920 

1) As Portmahomack said. She's not from Paisley.
2) She is undoubtably going to be another in the line of disastrous appointments and yet another tory  elected by an even slighter majority of a small minority of the population
3) She is as much a buffoon as the last incumbent of 10 DS.
4) It seems her only policy is to self serve. She will be determined to dismantle the NHS to fill her, and her cronies, pockets.
FFS, he's reeled you two in, hasn't he?

Pinched from “Neilston News”on Facebook  😂👍

PAISLEY PRODUCES ITS 15TH PRIME MINISTER

People were rejoicing on the streets of Paisley today, with Liz Truss set to be announced as Prime Minister and becoming the fifteenth person to hail from the town to take up the post, we can reveal.

But which other former UK government heads are from Paisley? Here's a few examples:

Winston Churchill - This famous Buddy was born and raised in the Glenburn area of the town. He attended Lancraigs Primary where he still holds the British Bulldogs record. He took up smoking fags at the age of 4, which led to a serious addiction to nicotine patches. Winston's mother and father ran the Gleniffer Hotel until his mother was sacked by herself for farting on the pillows - an allegation which she denies to this day.

Margaret Thatcher - Maggie The Great famously hails from the Ferguslie Park suburb of Paisley. Her family originally came from a mining settlement, but were re-housed when that was closed. Maggie credits her Ferguslie Park upbringing with her addiction to methamphetamine and poppers. A huge St Mirren fan, The Iron Lady worked part-time as the stadium announcer at Love Street until she was sacked for shouting "if yer fae greenock 'en yeez urr a shower a wanks" down the tannoy during a local derby. 

Tony Blair - Tony was raised in a high-rise studio flat on Oliphant Court in Foxbar. When he was 6-years-old, he started a fight with an equivalent gang from Glenburn when he wrongly accused them of carrying lockbacks. Tony's first job was at the HOT! tanning salon where he would regularly sniff the beds after use. He slept with 2,000 women from Paisley without contracting any of the town's 18 most common STIs - thought to be a record.

David Cameron - Big Div grew up in the Ralston area of Paisley. It is thought his family chose the area due to its proximity to Barshaw Park, where David developed a penchant for pigs. He attended Paisley Grammar, where he once traded a Dundee Utd shiny for the entire Dunfermline Athletic playing squad in his Panini sticker album. His first job was at Glasgow Airport, where his forehead was used as a landing beacon for incoming aircraft. He also had a stint working at the Lagoon. His duties were to catch jobbies in the pool and to make the sound of the klaxon to signal to swimmers their time was up.

Boris Johnson - BoJo was born in a room above the Cross Stobs pub in Barrhead in 1427. Instead of school, Boris attended the Renfrew District Lunatic Asylum, where he was named head boy. When he was 16, he took up his first job at Dobbie's Garden Centre, where he was responsible for picking up hoes and feeding nuts to small birds. He left Paisley in 2002 following a long battle with nits.