Viaplay Cup(League Cup) 2023/24

HSS

Why are Cowdenbeath in this competition?

They finished 15th in The Lowland League last season, surely there are other teams in that division ( or the Highland League ) more deserving of a place.

A group stage home tie against the likes of Saints, Killie etc would be a lot of money, just don’t get why Cowdenbeath are in the draw. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Why are Cowdenbeath in this competition?

They finished 15th in The Lowland League last season, surely there are other teams in that division ( or the Highland League ) more deserving of a place.

A group stage home tie against the likes of Saints, Killie etc would be a lot of money, just don’t get why Cowdenbeath are in the draw. 

Jimmy H, I've a pal who is on Committee at one of the clubs that could have benefited had Cowdenbeath not been awarded the place.....his take on it was that it has to do with Licensing and Ground requirements which the other clubs don't yet have. I've no idea whether this is correct or not but those were his thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be an interesting set of games. Will be a dangerous group as we haven't really added much to the squad and lost some depth (even though I'm not fussed about who's gone so far).

Hope to see some new boys get a run out and for us to improve on last year. 

On 7/5/2023 at 8:01 PM, antrin said:

They’re not even for sale on the Montrose site yet.

Thanks. I noticed Antrin. Strange!

Have emailed both clubs but so far no response. Thought it might just be my inability to find the link. 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:42 PM, Rascal said:

Got our tickets for Montrose. Now looking for a place to have lunch on the way up. COYS

Lunch sorted!

Stop off in Dundee on the way up and gather the clan before travelling on.

COYS

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

OK, thanks. Is it legit, or are you at the wind up?

From the Montrose Facebook page, you decide. 

It looks as though it's not official, doubt it's anything dodgy, might be full of ads like that other shite that used to be on the go. 

Edited by faraway saint