New Striker

47 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Why have 6-7 so called strikers on books, get Offord, Jamieson, Olusanya, Grieve, Mandron out the door and have three strikers using extra wages for better players...

Totally agree with that would be my policy too 👍 a club our size we should carry no more than 4 in the first team squad, and even if a good one is way out our price range pay a good bit extra to get a half decent one on loan 

Of the players above one is a big gamble the other 4 have this season to make a impact or a breakthrough 

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Why have 6-7 so called strikers on books, get Offord, Jamieson, Olusanya, Grieve, Mandron out the door and have three strikers using extra wages for better players...

If its Kayode then we are about to add another who's not even fit he's weeks away from it .

34 minutes ago, guinness said:

Apparently whoever it is will take months to be fit. Robinson said as much himself. Think this could be a very difficult season. Seem to be weaker all over the pitch. Would already be happy with third bottom.

He seemed genuinely excited last week when talking about this striker, his tone has changed this week which makes me think we’ve had to move onto a different target. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

. Seem to be weaker all over the pitch. 

We’ve lost the 2 forwards, Main and Watt. They’re the only 2 regular outfield players we’ve lost

We’ve signed an Irish international forward with a decent record, a new target man with a better scoring record than Main and an Israeli U21 forward - no-one knows how good or otherwise he is

I don’t understand the pessimism at this point?

29 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

We’ve lost the 2 forwards, Main and Watt. They’re the only 2 regular outfield players we’ve lost

We’ve signed an Irish international forward with a decent record, a new target man with a better scoring record than Main and an Israeli U21 forward - no-one knows how good or otherwise he is

We really stopped being very good when we lost Erhahon and could have been third or fourth if he had stayed, I don’t think the fee sufficiently compensated us for what we lost but bad financial management left us needing to accept a bid that didn’t even hit the low end of acceptable 

Carson going is a blow and while Shaughnessy was not perfect the central defenders we have left weren’t good enough to begin with and haven’t been supplemented 

we had no decent wide delivery after Strain went off the boil

we had a good nucleus of a team that got us into a good position at new year but haven’t replaced like for like and McMenamin might be the only upgrade, I hope the early signs are wrong and we play him as a winger and not as a wing back 

23 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

We really stopped being very good when we lost Erhahon and could have been third or fourth if he had stayed, I don’t think the fee sufficiently compensated us for what we lost but bad financial management left us needing to accept a bid that didn’t even hit the low end of acceptable 

Carson going is a blow and while Shaughnessy was not perfect the central defenders we have left weren’t good enough to begin with and haven’t been supplemented 

we had no decent wide delivery after Strain went off the boil

we had a good nucleus of a team that got us into a good position at new year but haven’t replaced like for like and McMenamin might be the only upgrade, I hope the early signs are wrong and we play him as a winger and not as a wing back 

Bollocks 

Edited by Sue Denim

I am currently nil by mouth and don’t appreciate the curry references

Childish I know, but…

Was once watching an episode of The Bill years ago and they went to hospital to interview a ‘lady of the night’ and the board behind her head said what you just said ‘Nil by mouth’ was amusing at the time….

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Is that a “bollocks I got it wrong “

On the contrary, I disagree with your entire post and virtually everything you post on the forum. 😜

It was a bollocks to all the moaning from you the and your fellow moaners 

15 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

It’s the St.Mirren way.  Alarming the way this chatter is almost identical to last season and that ended very well.

The realisation of supporting a team which has never been consistent for any length of time completely forgotten.

So far, our signings look poor. We badly need a center back or maybe two. Mandron and Olysanya will be lucky to be in a match day squad. So need striker's. Still waiting for the striker Robinson said would be in over last weekend, which was the reason for my original post. Imo. Utter shambles. Playing Arbroath on Saturday needing to win to stay in the league Cup. Simply not good enough.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk