St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023

shull

Unless it's today, when I'll be in Paisley, then it's still pish. [emoji12]
Sleep in your car and go back to Arbroath tomorrow night. Tell the wife that it's a special surprise treat for her at the end of the holiday. Easy peasy. [emoji16]

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just don't understand this TV blackout thing. What is it achieving? Where is the harm to viaplay in letting the match be broadcast to overseas subscribers? It's not like they are showing the game and want to maximise coverage. It's totally bizarre. An explanation from anyone that knows would be welcome.

Neil Doncaster would be my explanation!!

11 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Not been able to acquire a match ticket yet, but this will be my fourth home game so far and although having purchased a season ticket, only one of those games is covered by that. I think that’s rather unfair and pretty mean by the club to do that. Nevertheless, hoping for a win tomorrow. 

I’m sure if you phone the Club and explain that to them they’ll let you in for free,might even give you hospitality 

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just don't understand this TV blackout thing. What is it achieving? Where is the harm to viaplay in letting the match be broadcast to overseas subscribers? It's not like they are showing the game and want to maximise coverage. It's totally bizarre. An explanation from anyone that knows would be welcome.

Agreed. Red TV is showing the Aberdeen match tonight for international subs so why not us?

4 hours ago, HSS said:

I’m sure if you phone the Club and explain that to them they’ll let you in for free,might even give you hospitality 

Many thanks for the advice, I shall make contact tomorrow and let you know how I get on. In fact if I am able to acquire said hospitality, I shall be happy to pass this on to your good self for your kindness .👍

In the olden days , when TV Cameras came nowhere near Love Street, we used to attend matches and think nothing of it.

Media was the legendary Stan Park and the PDE cameraman .

Still Open Aw Mics for me v Motherwell.

19 minutes ago, shull said:

In the olden days , when TV Cameras came nowhere near Love Street, we used to attend matches and think nothing of it.

Media was the legendary Stan Park and the PDE cameraman .

Still Open Aw Mics for me v Motherwell.

Get your arse down there and part with £18, Scrooge! :) 

20 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In addition to the Aberdeen match being shown.

It is complete and utter shite. Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs are all showing international subscribers the game. Note how they all were not being played at 3pm on a Saturday. Why have 2 home games in Edinburgh at the same time tomorrow. You couldn't make it up, but someone decided to appease their fans.

I wasn't a conspiracy theorist - until today. 👽

Edited by truesaint