St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL PREMIERSHIP 16/12/23

shull

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

0-0 final score.

Saved by Hemming.

Small and Baccus, for me, played well.

Fell out of the game minute by minute after the penalty miss.

That about sums it up. I though Jonah was decent too with Tanser and Kiltie getting pass marks.

Pretty awful stuff all round though. Some of that can be put down to the conditions but not all of it.

Did Mandron even touch the ball after he came on??

What a waste of a Saturday that was. Absolutely rotten from both teams. And yet another poor ref. Why does it take Saints players 4 0r 5 touches before they pass it, they all do it, especially Ayunga and Olysanya. I know the condition were poor. But that was shocking. Poor ad for top flight Scottish football.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Guess we'll be competing with Livi v Kilmarnock for last spot on Sportscene.

I thought we started ok against the wind but struggled to repeat the performance in the second half, with the wind at our backs.

Justice was served with our penalty miss - Motherwell had the better scoring chances in the second half playing against the wind.

Awful game, our long ball game was never going to work in those conditions where it needed short sharp direct passes that we were incapable of playing.

There's something not right with O'Hara not only is he playing poor there is also no leadership from the skipper that we saw last season. His passing was rotten and couldn't even play a decent throw in. 

Robo 9/10 times has been getting subs right but this time I'm afraid not. 

Weather definitely impacted the performance and result l, however we need a plan B when we can see plan A isn't working.

Kelly is an absolute bellend. Why the referee never booked his time wasting is beyond me. 

Big game on Saturday now in Edinburgh where strangely I think we will get a credible draw. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Another absolute shocker from O’Hara today. What on earth has happened to him? 

I said on another matchday thread that Mark O'Hara hadn't been up to the same levels since he came back from his injury.  Hopefully he can regain his previous form because he was a big player and presence for us.

Really poor today. Too many side and back passes and generally the passing was woeful. However my main concern was 4 times Well outstripped our defence to create 1 on 1 situations with Zach. And at one time we had all outfield players in their half but none in their penalty box.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I felt Greg Kiltie had a decent match apart from when he slipped when he had a great First-Half chance.  That was very unfortunate.  Thierry Small was good too and without Zach Hemming we wouldn't have earned a point.  Teriffic shot stopping from the big fella although some of his kicking left a lot to be desired.  I was hoping for all three points prior to kick-off but given that we looked like playing all night and not scoring a point is a bonus.

Callum Slattery is talented with the ball but my goodness does he enjoy a wee tumble.  A very infuriating player to have to play against.  How Bevis Mugabi never got a yellow card beggars belief.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
"terrific" not "terrified".

25 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Awful game, our long ball game was never going to work in those conditions where it needed short sharp direct passes that we were incapable of playing.

There's something not right with O'Hara not only is he playing poor there is also no leadership from the skipper that we saw last season. His passing was rotten and couldn't even play a decent throw in. 

Robo 9/10 times has been getting subs right but this time I'm afraid not. 

Weather definitely impacted the performance and result l, however we need a plan B when we can see plan A isn't working.

Kelly is an absolute bellend. Why the referee never booked his time wasting is beyond me. 

Big game on Saturday now in Edinburgh where strangely I think we will get a credible draw. 

😅😅😅😅😅😅

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a waste of a Saturday that was. Absolutely rotten from both teams. And yet another poor ref. Why does it take Saints players 4 0r 5 touches before they pass it, they all do it, especially Ayunga and Olysanya. I know the condition were poor. But that was shocking. Poor ad for top flight Scottish football.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

I agree on ref today, for me Napier isn't Premiership level and never has been.

Poor poor perfomance. Really did not think anyone played well. Not helped by a dreadful refereeing performance. No idea what he saw. Motherwell could have had at least five booked. One in the first half was arguab!y a Red. We had a Man sent off against Rangers for a deliberate hand ball that stopped a goal. At our penalty the player was not even booked.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A 4 point return from County (A), St. Johnstone (A), County (H) and Motherwell (H) is simply not good enough. 

If we don’t buck our ideas up, I reckon we could get a bit of a shooing of Hearts next week. 

Could have been a better return but for two penalties. 

Losing a LATE one/rebound against St Johnstone and a tame effort today.

Could have been 7 points. 

Them's the breaks. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A 4 point return from County (A), St. Johnstone (A), County (H) and Motherwell (H) is simply not good enough. 

If we don’t buck our ideas up, I reckon we could get a bit of a shooing off Hearts next week. 

Let’s hope Shearts are still believing their press from today’s hosing of Celtic. 

23 minutes ago, W6er said:

Folk complaining about the game should consider the conditions! Unfortunately, it was never going to be a classic game of football with that wind. 

Both teams played better against the wind - I lost count of the number of times passes were overhit especially by Motherwell.

Derek Adams was slagging off the generally poor standard of Scottish football on Sportscene and said that the team he left in the English second division (Morecambe) was "a hundred times better" than his current team in the top flight of Scottish football. He was obviously including the Buddies in his criticism since we just played Ross County last week.

12 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Both teams played better against the wind - I lost count of the number of times passes were overhit especially by Motherwell.

Derek Adams was slagging off the generally poor standard of Scottish football on Sportscene and said that the team he left in the English second division (Morecambe) was "a hundred times better" than his current team in the top flight of Scottish football. He was obviously including the Buddies in his criticism since we just played Ross County last week.

He cannae take it

11 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I'd suggest a "hundred times better" is a slight exaggeration.

I'm more on the "ninety nine times". :wink:

55 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Utter nonsense. We have five internationals. I know Baccus played at Wembley against England and also played against Argentina in the World Cup, where he acquitted himself well. How many English 4th tier teams can say that?