Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 23/12/23

shull

Wasn’t hopeful of getting anything today as our away form is shocking, as it was last season and Hearts have been on a good run. Didn’t see the game but the live updates and stats don’t look horrendous.

Big O’Hara is a worry. We know he’s a really good player, was brilliant for us last season, but it’s either confidence or he’s carrying an injury or both. He’s our captain and an important cog in the team. Maybe a rest and regroup coukd see the player we know in the new year. We are missing Strain too and Baccus will be a miss next month. 
Even with the fat lazy Shankland we had years ago you could see he had quality. He was the difference between the teams today, as well as a massive difference in budget. 
Killie game is massive now. Hopeful that we can get a result. Motherwell game was poor but thought we played really well against county. Big crowd and atmosphere will hopefully kick us on against an improved Killie side. We need to keep our heeds and find some goals from somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Wasn’t hopeful of getting anything today as our away form is shocking, as it was last season and Hearts have been on a good run. Didn’t see the game but the live updates and stats don’t look horrendous.

Big O’Hara is a worry. We know he’s a really good player, was brilliant for us last season, but it’s either confidence or he’s carrying an injury or both. He’s our captain and an important cog in the team. Maybe a rest and regroup coukd see the player we know in the new year. We are missing Strain too and Baccus will be a miss next month. 
Even with the fat lazy Shankland we had years ago you could see he had quality. He was the difference between the teams today, as well as a massive difference in budget. 
Killie game is massive now. Hopeful that we can get a result. Motherwell game was poor but thought we played really well against county. Big crowd and atmosphere will hopefully kick us on against an improved Killie side. We need to keep our heeds and find some goals from somewhere. 

Good balanced post.

No screaming, well done. 👍

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Last 8 away games 7 lost 1 draw.. no goals in our last 5 we are in big bother and I don't think the manager has got a clue what to do about it.

Luckily, we have you elvis. The man who is never wrong !

Feel free to tell the manager where he is going wrong. Just a wee phone call from you is all that's required to put him/us back on the winning trail. You are surely our Messiah, and not a very naughty boy after all.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Feel free to tell the manager where he is going wrong. Just a wee phone call from you is all that's required to put him/us back on the winning trail. You are surely our Messiah, and not a very naughty boy after all.

To be frank, that is a post made on a huge denial of reality 

For all his faults, Elvis nailed this one and only an honest appraisal will address our failings

maybe we have been mugs thinking we could crash top 6 twice in a row

we are worth a punt whilst not  being top 6 contenders and have maybe deluded ourselves that we are better than that 

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

To be frank, that is a post made on a huge denial of reality 

For all his faults, Elvis nailed this one and only an honest appraisal will address our failings

maybe we have been mugs thinking we could crash top 6 twice in a row

we are worth a punt whilst not  being top 6 contenders and have maybe deluded ourselves that we are better than that 

Are you joking?

You HONESTLY think elvis has insight?

I'll assume you've heard the old "even a broken watch is right twice a day"? 

Other people have put reasonable assessments of our current situation, he ISN'T one of them.

If you believe he is anything more than a simpleton then you are deluded. 

Very poor today. Every away game seems t o be on a loop. Pass it about the back for a minute then launch it high. None of our forwards are good in the air especially the tall ones. Not sure what Grieve has done t o deserve a start today. He was very poor. The Israeli boy should start before him. The captain does not appear to be fit. Unless Bolton is not trying a leg in training bring him into the back line and play Gogic furtherl forward . Kilmarnock game now very important as I think we will get humped by Aberdeen and a very poor Celtic. Must not lose to Kilmarnock . We barely create a chance away from home. Apart from a Gogic header I cannot remember an attempt at goal today.  Fair play to Shankland today for the second goal. Not convinced he is a great player but that was a very good goal. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

To be fair to @elvis he's been predicting our slide down the table for quite a while, now... 

I dont think we deserved to win the game but dont fully believe we deserved to lose it either.  Shanklands first was a f**kup from O'hara and his second was class but we had our chances too and there was no gulf in class between the teams same as most of the teams in the division.

The only issues they gave us was when our own players gave them cheap balls but our players also caused them to make mistakes and we almost scored, that to me was the biggest problem the almost part.

Our crossing is terrible, we held the ball several times when we should have passed but we did create but the ball broke unkindly a number of times. The other issue was the refereeing he was honking, how can he tell off a player for diving but somehow not book him, Gogic got booked for a foul which was less or the same as a number of hearts players fouls and no way was tansers a booking.

We should have done better but it wasnt due to Hearts being better.

The team need to improve for sure, O'Hara was honking at times, as I say our crossing needs to improve but I havent seen any threats from the other teams in the division and most of our issues are of our own making. 

I shall repeat.

Our Club since 1877 has caused mostly misery for the supporters.

There has a few glorious times throughout the many decades which makes up for the pish .

Many times the team builds us up then boots us all in the baws.

Elvis knows the score and speaks honestly and realistically.

Most of the rest of us get carried away with the hype

46 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I dont think we deserved to win the game but dont fully believe we deserved to lose it either.  Shanklands first was a f**kup from O'hara and his second was class but we had our chances too and there was no gulf in class between the teams same as most of the teams in the division.

The only issues they gave us was when our own players gave them cheap balls but our players also caused them to make mistakes and we almost scored, that to me was the biggest problem the almost part.

Our crossing is terrible, we held the ball several times when we should have passed but we did create but the ball broke unkindly a number of times. The other issue was the refereeing he was honking, how can he tell off a player for diving but somehow not book him, Gogic got booked for a foul which was less or the same as a number of hearts players fouls and no way was tansers a booking.

We should have done better but it wasnt due to Hearts being better.

The team need to improve for sure, O'Hara was honking at times, as I say our crossing needs to improve but I havent seen any threats from the other teams in the division and most of our issues are of our own making. 

I didn't see the game; I have only seen the Sportscene highlights. However, it certainly appeared that we were the worse team, so I appreciate what you have written. Their first was clearly gifted to them and we couldn't have done much about the second, as you say. I saw that we had one cleared off the line, but besides that, it didn't appear that we created many chances. Shankland squandered a couple of very good opportunities, too.

4 minutes ago, shull said:

I shall repeat.

There has a few glorious times throughout the many decades which makes up for the pish .

100% this.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

I shall repeat.

Aye, well the St. Mirren podcast is aptly named:

https://miseryhunters.co.uk/

I'd rather be a Misery Hunter than a glory hunter, and when we do pull off a result - e.g. winning a trophy, or more recently beating Celtic 2-0 last season, beating Rangers in the League Cup with a last minute winner, it's very sweet. Expect nothing, savour the good times. :) 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I didn't see the game; I have only seen the Sportscene highlights. However, it certainly appeared that we were the worse team, so I appreciate what you have written. Their first was clearly gifted to them and we couldn't have done much about the second, as you say. I saw that we had one cleared off the line, but besides that, it didn't appear that we created many chances. Shankland squandered a couple of very good opportunities, too.

Really?

I would suggest most of their chances were the result of individual errors by our players.

Maybe you were hiding behind the couch when Gogic had a header well saved by their keeper? 

The stats, which are kind of facts, all suggest there wasn't much between the teams.

The forum member you replied to had watched the full 90 minutes yet you refute his version on a 5 min (approx) highlight reel? :lol:

Again, we never looked like winning but I don't share the gloom, as we could easily have had a point.

There's no doubt it's all about points, which I suggested earlier in the season when we were picking up points, sometimes not always deserved so our current run is a concern but I would be more concerned if we were really out of games. (The Dundee game apart)

I would also suggest we are, as a club, more used to being involved in avoiding relegation, last season apart, which should be remembered. 

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Answers please ......

Does our manager know his preferred forward line ? Does he just swap them around hoping to hit the jackpot ? Ayunga, Mandron, Olusanya, Grieve,  Nahmani and Jamieson- Is it 'perm any 2 from 6' and hope for the best ? Does bringing in Grieve for Nahmani improve our chances of a goal ?

The Manager said on the radio prior to kick-off that Alex Grieve was the best option for the pressing style that he needed from the team today.

I wasn't in attendance at the match today and only saw the highlights or should that be "lowlights" but I'm guessing the "pressing" didn't quite go to plan.