Elvis is alive and he's a Saint

26 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/5231-elvis-bwomono-joins-saints-until-the-end-of-the-season

ELVIS BWOMONO JOINS SAINTS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON

Previously played for Southend and and Icelandic outfit. 🤔 I will reserve judgement until I see him play!

I hope he's a bit more cheerful that our @elvis

Checked his twitter account and saw a couple of clips . He was one of the youngest players to get to 100 first team appearances for Southend and also played for Southend when they were in league one . Seems like he was a great prospect as a youngster ( four Southend player of the month awards in a season ) im thinking he naybe lost his way a bit and hopefully Saints can get the best out of him .

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Checked his twitter account and saw a couple of clips . He was one of the youngest players to get to 100 first team appearances for Southend and also played for Southend when they were in league one . Seems like he was a great prospect as a youngster ( four Southend player of the month awards in a season ) im thinking he naybe lost his way a bit and hopefully Saints can get the best out of him .

Can’t have been straightforward/easy playing there, not knowing from week to week if Soufend might go bust and he’s out of work and having to move.

i see he wanted to leave soon as they got relegated, club tried to hold on to him, but he was not interested. Southend had been screwing the players over during covid, trying to put some on furlough… to save money while they weren’t paying HMRC.

what kind of club would be so shitty…?

Can’t have been straightforward/easy playing there, not knowing from week to week if Soufend might go bust and he’s out of work and having to move.
i see he wanted to leave soon as they got relegated, club tried to hold on to him, but he was not interested. Southend had been screwing the players over during covid, trying to put some on furlough… to save money while they weren’t paying HMRC.
what kind of club would be so shitty…?
Rhetorical question?

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Previously played for Southend and and Icelandic outfit. 🤔 I will reserve judgement until I see him play!

I hope he's a bit more cheerful that our @elvis

Sounds like he might be closely related to our own elvis they're saying he threw the toys out the pram when they were relegated :lol: 

Think he could be a right good player . He was disillusioned at Southend having played under several managers , not received wages because the club were bankrupt and seen some players get the opportunity to move on but himself held back because Southend wanted too much money . His move to Iceland was to make him a free agent .  Could be a great signing .  Wonder if Anton Ferdinand was involved in any way .

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think he could be a right good player . He was disillusioned at Southend having played under several managers , not received wages because the club were bankrupt and seen some players get the opportunity to move on but himself held back because Southend wanted too much money . His move to Iceland was to make him a free agent .  Could be a great signing .  Wonder if Anton Ferdinand was involved in any way .

He suggests that he was a positive influence in him coming here

I was reading an article about some of these academy players at the big clubs. One in particular at Everton was earning over £100,000 per annum at 16 and never made a top flight appearance. These guys get huge signing on fees at age 14/15 just to join these EPL clubs. 

The situation with some of these players is I guess they get a bit too comfortable with the lifestyle and think they have made it.

Some notable examples from Everton have gone right off the rails resulting in drug abuse and jail time. 

If St Mirren can help these players get their careers back on track then it’s a win win for both sides. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Well, he has given credit to Ferdinand for bigging up St Mirren.

After non league Aldershot beat D2 leaders Stockport County in the cup last night, their manager praised the teenage, gifted lads he had flooded his team with.

They’d all been picked as yoofs, trained thoroughly in big club academies then - for one reason or another - never got the chance to break into the big time, be stars.  He suggested they may now have grit, determination and hard graft as part of their skill set now added to their natural fitba qualities.

The club Elvis played for in Iceland is on an island off the SW coast - Heimaey, part of the wee flotilla of islands called Vestmannaeyjar.  

It has a population half that of Foxbar or Glenburn, so…. quiet. As a lad from London via seaside Soufend he’s probably attracted to Paisley’ s comparitively bright lights. 

Vestmannaeyjar Is also on the constantly opening mid-Atlantic ridge (and the islands created from that), with  Heimaey having its last big eruptions in 1973.  It is a literal hot spot.

With the recent November excitement from the eruptions and earthquakes around Reykjanes maybe it was just time for him to move on.

Welcome to Paisley, Elvis: cooler - in a few ways - than Iceland.

14 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Having read some of the comments above, I hope he is a decent player.

Though, I am disappointed at the lack of Elvis puns! 

Seems like a chance for the lad to get his career back on track, it’s now or never…

21 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Unusually quick off the mark with this one. . Was he in demand so it was a case of, "It's now or never"?

ETA. Hope we don't end up saying, "Return to sender"!

What? "Too much"?

You should have checked. 

4 hours ago, antrin said:

The club Elvis played for in Iceland is on an island off the SW coast - Heimaey, part of the wee flotilla of islands called Vestmannaeyjar.  

It has a population half that of Foxbar or Glenburn, so…. quiet. As a lad from London via seaside Soufend he’s probably attracted to Paisley’ s comparitively bright lights. 

Vestmannaeyjar Is also on the constantly opening mid-Atlantic ridge (and the islands created from that), with  Heimaey having its last big eruptions in 1973.  It is a literal hot spot.

With the recent November excitement from the eruptions and earthquakes around Reykjanes maybe it was just time for him to move on.

Welcome to Paisley, Elvis: cooler - in a few ways - than Iceland.

Bet he's glad to be away from there those eruptions could leave a man All Shook up

When Anton give him the nod about all the spare crumpet available in Viennas... Paisley...  Was Always on his mind 

A wee win against Celtic at new year and all their fans will be Crying in the Chapel 

Hopefully our fans will give him time to adjust so remember..... Don't be Cruel 

If fact elvis you could be his. Good luck Charm 

Home games he should feel right at home... In the Ghetto 

:rolleyes: 

26 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Bet he's glad to be away from there those eruptions could leave a man All Shook up

When Anton give him the nod about all the spare crumpet available in Viennas... Paisley...  Was Always on his mind 

A wee win against Celtic at new year and all their fans will be Crying in the Chapel 

Hopefully our fans will give him time to adjust so remember..... Don't be Cruel 

If fact elvis you could be his. Good luck Charm 

Home games he should feel right at home... In the Ghetto 

:rolleyes: 

To quote Jack and Victor : 'You've taken this too far'.  😂

What waterproof shoes for pottering about on a campsite in wet grass ...

Edited by ianmac