Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Disagree with this. We are highly unlikely to be involved in a “qualification marathon”. We’d play two rounds max, which would be no different from having the 4 League Cup games. 
Jesus if we don’t want European football, what’s the point of participating in the League. 

Aye, as I've hinted, IF we qualified we'd be in as good a position as any other Scottish team.

Add in the pure joy of the support who'd make the trip abroad.

Most know one of our most memorable games, as painful as it was/is, was a European game. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Sonny said:

We started with 4 players  in a high press, who had not played regularly for months. Most should have been off at half time as they ran out of legs and we had plenty options on the bench. Big mistake.

Agree 100%. 

23 hours ago, Dare said:

Currently 3/1 for the win on Bet365 ............. know we don't have a great record down there but that price is tempting 

At least Bet365 paid out at 2-0 ……… silver lining and all that !

14 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Going into Europe with a squad based on this one would do more harm than good 

so maybe a blessing in a very ugly disguise today 

Totally agree.... Europe is way to much of a distraction.... take 6th all day please.... massive success for a club with a 4m turnover and small squad.... 

Look at Hibs and Don's this season...look at Well and Fakes in previous seasons....all screwed by this "success" 

Well's success was an embarrassing defeat a sacked manager and 2 seasons in bottom 6 with relegation still there...

Let's see how Killie cope next season....Good luck to them...but I will take 6th and a couple of cup runs anyday 

I would love European football, I think we all would but it is the ability to fight on both fronts that worries me, get the top 6 finishes build a decent sized and quality squad then give it a go without the risk of relegation, until then let's just enjoy the more good days than bad that we're getting at the moment.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Disagree with this. We are highly unlikely to be involved in a “qualification marathon”. We’d play two rounds max, which would be no different from having the 4 League Cup games. 
Jesus if we don’t want European football, what’s the point of participating in the League. 

100%  We should always be aiming to finish as high as we can and take whatever that brings us, 

Yesterday was a really sore one to take actually felt a wee bit like Hammarby, at 2-0 we were cruising to victory and playing really well, Other than elvis could anyone see us losing that game 

Having just read through the thread,  One clown on here actually had us catching Hearts for 3rd imagine how he feels this morning  :lol:

As my old Mum used to say chin up there's always someone worse off than you  :lol:

Feels Alec Baldwin GIF by DreamWorks Animation

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

100%  We should always be aiming to finish as high as we can and take whatever that brings us, 

Yesterday was a really sore one to take actually felt a wee bit like Hammarby, at 2-0 we were cruising to victory and playing really well, Other than elvis could anyone see us losing that game 

Having just read through the thread,  One clown on here actually had us catching Hearts for 3rd imagine how he feels this morning  :lol:

As my old Mum used to say chin up there's always someone worse off than you  :lol:

Feels Alec Baldwin GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Livingston 🤣🤣🤣

Loving it, still hurts. 😜

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Totally agree.... Europe is way to much of a distraction.... take 6th all day please.... massive success for a club with a 4m turnover and small squad.... 

Look at Hibs and Don's this season...look at Well and Fakes in previous seasons....all screwed by this "success" 

Well's success was an embarrassing defeat a sacked manager and 2 seasons in bottom 6 with relegation still there...

Let's see how Killie cope next season....Good luck to them...but I will take 6th and a couple of cup runs anyday 

A fine antidote to all the knicker wetting (copyright Doug Jamie)

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Other than elvis could anyone see us losing that game 

Much as I hate to say it I could. And here is a WhatsApp conversation to prove it with my Killie supporting mate Malky which started a HT with his congrats message. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_9458.thumb.jpeg.7f30af5ec163bcea46e5b946c9b178a2.jpeg

Agree with earlier posts about team selection, which ought to have been changed but when you play Killie you know exactly what to expect. Our team were like children being shoved aside by men, totally embarrassing.Killie  were brilliant second half and thoroughly deserved their win. I honestly couldn’t see our team fight back from a position like that. Final point, I can see both old firm teams dreading a visit to Rugby Park to face a team who get stuck in and have bona  fide  goal scorers. 

As much as Killie deserved to win. it was because of the amount of space we gave them when  they were on the ball it was unbelievable the space we gave them to do what they liked as opposed to when we were on it they were over us like a rash forcing our defence to fall apart.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Much as I hate to say it I could. And here is a WhatsApp conversation to prove it with my Killie supporting mate Malky which started a HT with his congrats message. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_9458.thumb.jpeg.7f30af5ec163bcea46e5b946c9b178a2.jpeg

You've always been wiser than most on here Jersey so I'm not surprised you weren't looking out your passport just yet,  I thought we looked comfortable I didn't see that coming, but having been at the Hammarby game I probably should have 

Architects of our own downfall again, first goal Mandron 6ft 3"  gets out jumped by a midget in comparison to him he doesn't even get off the ground. 

Then Flynn with another unnecessary challenge in the box when Gogic had him covered did the same against Hearts in May he's cost us more points than games that he's started in the last 12 months [take note Robo]  and that 5th goal was a total embarrassment at any level, 

But were still in the race 3 points from our next 3 very tough games should see us make top 6.  anything more keeps us well in the race for 4th. don't see anyone outside the 2 arse cheeks winning all their 3 games

We have Killie at home after the split how sweet would it be with 4th place still up for grabs 

What a Party that would be in Paisley :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

You've always been wiser than most on here Jersey so I'm not surprised you weren't looking out your passport just yet,  I thought we looked comfortable I didn't see that coming, but having been at the Hammarby game I probably should have 

Architects of our own downfall again, first goal Mandron 6ft 3"  gets out jumped by a midget in comparison to him he doesn't even get off the ground. 

Then Flynn with another unnecessary challenge in the box when Gogic had him covered did the same against Hearts in May he's cost us more points than games that he's started in the last 12 months [take note Robo]  and that 5th goal was a total embarrassment at any level, 

But were still in the race 3 points from our next 3 very tough games should see us make top 6.  anything more keeps us well in the race for 4th. don't see anyone outside the 2 arse cheeks winning all their 3 games

We have Killie at home after the split how sweet would it be with 4th place still up for grabs 

What a Party that would be in Paisley :rolleyes:

Absolutely still in it mate.

See you for the Hearts game in a few weeks. 👍