Abuse At St Mirren Park

shull

The Sun says Virgil Van Dijk was subjected to abuse from a home fan on Saturday.

Fan allegedly was seen mimicking a monkey and making ape like gestures at the opposition player.

Police are involved.

The Sun also mentioned an incident which happened in 1983 involving a match between Saints and Feyenoord.

I remember the feynoord game well. I don't recall any abuse but I do remember the feynoord fans were so pissed they kept falling out of the enclosure onto the track. We were praised as a team for keeping our discipline in spite of going a goal down. Lex richardson played a blinder and the feynoord coaching stall were very generous in their praise for us. I've often thought that it was a shame that gullet was abused like he was because it was a terrific European night of football, one of a fair number around that time. Let's hope the club act quickly and catch the moron(s) who did this.

If Van Dijk was verbally abused then that's disgusting , as is referring to something that happened 30 odd years ago .

I could have predicted something like this happening , as it deflects from the Tonev racism incident , I remember van Dijk being jeered after he cheated , what was he doing looking at the crowd , and how did he manage to spot the individual in the crowd being racist .

if true i thought these dark days were behind us ,very wrong

Sadly, you only have to look at the media to find racist incidents of this type being reported upon fairly regularly. Quite often concerning grown men and women.

It doesn't surprise me that one of our support could be capable of behaviour such as this, as individuals like this are present in all walks of life.

However, it remains to be seen if indeed any crime did take place. I really hope it's not true, as it's been a shit enough season already, without adding this to it.

I sit in w2 section of the ground he got abuse for being a cheating cnut nobody made any gestures of a racist nature that we could see there where 4 policemen and 2 stewards in this area if it did happen surely they would got a hold of the offender there and then

Edited by stevie1877smfc

Late on in the game Van Dijk went down and milked a challenge to try and waste time , the ref waved play on and Celtic kicked the ball out , Van Dijk was booed by the crowd and called a cheat , and he looked up and smiled .

That's what I saw from my seat , it might not be the incident that is being referred to , and it may be the case that he saw something else when he glanced up at the crowd , to see who was booing him . Was probably in the front rows of W2.

That's what I seen too.

Find it a bit strange that not one person I know of has seen it, and given how many cameras were at the game, there's been no pictures of it released anywhere.

Will save my condemnation for when/if it's proven. Cynic in me thinks this is to take attention away from Tonev.

Sadly, you only have to look at the media to find racist incidents of this type being reported upon fairly regularly. Quite often concerning grown men and women.

It doesn't surprise me that one of our support could be capable of behaviour such as this, as individuals like this are present in all walks of life.

However, it remains to be seen if indeed any crime did take place. I really hope it's not true, as it's been a shit enough season already, without adding this to it.

That's a rather good post from someone who freely admits to being an "Extremist Nazi" on his profile...

That's a rather good post from someone who freely admits to being an "Extremist Nazi" on his profile...

Actually it's "aetheist extremist Nazi" which is a term the last pope chose to describe people like myself, who don't believe in god.

Now f**k off back to your padded cell you sad little wank stain.smile.png

Edited by FTOF