Abuse At St Mirren Park

shull

If it happened then I hope the culprit is caught and punished accordingly.

I do find it galling that Celtic have made an official complaint about a racist fan 1 game after backing one of their own players accused of racially abusing an opponent and there hardly seems to be a home game against Celtic where Celtic don't end up making an official complaint about something and get the and get the police to investigate. We've had sectarian ball boys, the DJ, free Palestine shouts investigated in the last few seasons meanwhile Celtic fans have invaded the pitch, sang sectarian songs, broken the all seating rule en masse, set off flares during a protest against the criminalisation of football fans, and their manager has sworn at opposition players and sworn and gestured at St Mirren fans with no public comment or complaint from us. Maybe Celtic stewards and security could focus on making sure their own away fans, manager and players obey the law instead of flouting it?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Saints fan on PNB saying he did see this happen.

Really disappointing stuff, hopefully he/she gets identified quickly and banned for life.

Yes , before Gilmour and Co get a chance to make a meal of it thus allowing us to be distracted from the main problem , that the team are shite and going down !

5live saying the opposition player heard chanting from the crowd.

Wasn,t much chanting from the crowd , never is these days , the Guillit incident happened 30 odd years ago , but the worst racism I,ve ever seen n Scottish football was the hail of bananas thrown at Mark Walters when he visited Parkhead , and I wonder why no one ever refers to that

Wasn,t much chanting from the crowd , never is these days , the Guillit incident happened 30 odd years ago , but the worst racism I,ve ever seen n Scottish football was the hail of bananas thrown at Mark Walters when he visited Parkhead , and I wonder why no one ever refers to that

On the one hand you say it's disgusting referring a racist incident of 30 years ago and in the next post you do the exact same!

Let not point score on it, racism is intolerable whoever and wherever it is. Sadly in Scotland there are still plenty of racists, so it stands to reason that there will be some in our support.

that was only 25 years ago Ally .

totally agree with the racism thing ,and that there is no place for it in football , and the fact that we have a few arseholes about the west bank , but I,m not convinced about the monkey noises etc on Saturday , I,m sure the pro Celtic TV pundits would have delighted in picking that up on the sound monitors on saturday.

just heard the news on the radio and it was monkey chants from the crowd that the complaint was about , the only chanting from the crowd on Saturday was a chorus of the Saints when we scored , and a chorus of Cheat , after Van Dijk made a meal out of a bad tackle.

It shouldn,t be too difficult to check the footage etc , as we all seem to agree on the incident .

Let me say any saint mirren fans found guilty of the behaviour suggested by VD should be severley punished and indeed prosecuted

I would also say, should VD's allegations be found to be spurious, he should be ostracised in the game and have a lengthy ban imposed upon him and severe punishment on his club for needlessly and spuriously accusing the saint mirren support

Edited by beyond our ken

I had moved down to the front row to get a sharp exit at ft. The VVD "collapse" was literally meters in front of us. Yes there were howls for him to get up, it was blatant time wasting. A couple of lads along from us were accross the concourse leaning over the hoardings gesticulating at him to get up. They were being watched, like a hawk, by 2 police who were feet away and they saw nothing untoward. I certainly couldn't hear any racist chanting and VVD himself appeared to be laughing at the jeering and winked in the crowds direction. He got up and made no gesture to the crowd, the police, stewards or the officials yet claims he saw someone making monkey gestures at him. If he saw that why did he not point that out at the time. Utter bullshit in my opinion from a guy who had been embarrassed by his play acting and knows fine one of his players has been accused of exactly the same. If an idiot is identified then yes throw the book at him but really, live TV, police, stewards and fellow fans who wouldn't stand for any racist action (I would fire anyone in I saw racially abusing) and yet all this is only mentioned well after the event. Odd !

I had moved down to the front row to get a sharp exit at ft. The VVD "collapse" was literally meters in front of us. Yes there were howls for him to get up, it was blatant time wasting. A couple of lads along from us were accross the concourse leaning over the hoardings gesticulating at him to get up. They were being watched, like a hawk, by 2 police who were feet away and they saw nothing untoward. I certainly couldn't hear any racist chanting and VVD himself appeared to be laughing at the jeering and winked in the crowds direction. He got up and made no gesture to the crowd, the police, stewards or the officials yet claims he saw someone making monkey gestures at him. If he saw that why did he not point that out at the time. Utter bullshit in my opinion from a guy who had been embarrassed by his play acting and knows fine one of his players has been accused of exactly the same. If an idiot is identified then yes throw the book at him but really, live TV, police, stewards and fellow fans who wouldn't stand for any racist action (I would fire anyone in I saw racially abusing) and yet all this is only mentioned well after the event. Odd !

That's how I saw it , there were chants of cheat , and he seemed to smile at the crowd , he certainly didn,t look upset , there were individuals who who were certainly angry at him , but that wasn,t because of his race , it was because he was blatantly cheating.

I sit towards the back of W2 and didn't see or hear anything racist when VD took a dive, there were chants of cheat and some stronger words used but nothing more that I saw or heard. I did look towards the ground at the full time whistle and saw VD make a gesture towards the Saints fans though so maybe somebody reacted to that.

If Van Dijk was verbally abused then that's disgusting , as is referring to something that happened 30 odd years ago .

I could have predicted something like this happening , as it deflects from the Tonev racism incident , I remember van Dijk being jeered after he cheated , what was he doing looking at the crowd , and how did he manage to spot the individual in the crowd being racist .

So your defence of this is that Van Dijk had no business looking at the crowd?

That's right up there with "Aye but she WAS wearing a short skirt".

I absolutely despair at the levels of intelligence amongst our support.

Edited by oaksoft

So your defence of this is that Van Dijk had no business looking at the crowd?

That's right up there with "Aye but she WAS wearing a short skirt".

I absolutely despair at the levels of intelligence amongst our support.

While the rest of us purr over your selectivity !

If it happened then I hope the culprit is caught and punished accordingly.

I do find it galling that Celtic have made an official complaint about a racist fan 1 game after backing one of their own players accused of racially abusing an opponent and there hardly seems to be a home game against Celtic where Celtic don't end up making an official complaint about something and get the and get the police to investigate. We've had sectarian ball boys, the DJ, free Palestine shouts investigated in the last few seasons meanwhile Celtic fans have invaded the pitch, sang sectarian songs, broken the all seating rile en masse, set off flares during a protest against the criminalisation of football fans, and their manager has sworn at opposition players and sworn and gestured at St Mirren fans with no public comment or complaint from us. Maybe Celtic stewards and security could focus on making sure their own away fans, manager and players obey the law instead of flouting it?

Well said that man. I concur.

There is a hugely positive message in this story although it may not be immediately clear.

The revulsion caused by such horrible actions just shows how far we as a society and football as a game has come in the last 20 years. It really was not long ago that such horrible behaviour was commonplace and almost accepted as "normal". I distinctly recall bananas being thrown at Mark Walters (nothing to do with our club but really not long ago).

The comically named "Wishaw Wanker" may jump on this all he likes but the fact is that at our great little club it is extremely rare to witness such behaviour. It is entirely possible that one knuckle dragger has let us down badly but the reaction from the overwhelming majority of our fans to such an incident really does confirm the fact that our supporters are just great people.

With the football banning orders that we have now us decent fans can be safe in the knowledge that if this incident did occur as described then we will not be seeing the assailant back at our ground. Let justice crush him if he be guilty.

There is a hugely positive message in this story although it may not be immediately clear.

The revulsion caused by such horrible actions just shows how far we as a society and football as a game has come in the last 20 years. It really was not long ago that such horrible behaviour was commonplace and almost accepted as "normal". I distinctly recall bananas being thrown at Mark Walters (nothing to do with our club but really not long ago).

yes I remember the mark Walters situation and of hearing about the shocking scenes at the c@lt!c game he played, but strangely like now the media chose to ignore that game and preferred to slate the hearts fans a week or so later for exactly the same thing

not defending hearts btw

Did anyone see this happening?

I saw what I believe to be the incident in question . The 'supporter' ran to the boundary fence and was shouting abuse at Van Dijk then proceeded to make monkey gestures. He was then shepherded away by a steward. At the time I didn't quite believe I had witnessed that behaviour because no other action was taken until I saw the reports today. The 'supporter' was wearing a red top .

No place for it at football or in society

I saw what I believe to be the incident in question . The 'supporter' ran to the boundary fence and was shouting abuse at Van Dijk then proceeded to make monkey gestures. He was then shepherded away by a steward. At the time I didn't quite believe I had witnessed that behaviour because no other action was taken until I saw the reports today. The 'supporter' was wearing a red top .

Very disappointed if that's the case, hope the cameras have good footage , amazing what one so called fan can do for a teams reputation

Did it happen after the diving incident?