Q & A With The Manager

All sounds positive, although I am also concerned at the esteem Kelly is held in - I fear for our goals conceded column big time this season if he is going to be a first pick at centre half. We need an experienced guy playing alongside Baird.

You have concerns over Kelly, though he has more experience than Baird.

I think Kelly looks more comfortable at centre half than he does tracking back chasing a man at left back.

Murray has concerns about Kelly and Baird too as he pointed out their deficiencies. One of the biggest jobs is to get them to communicate with each other during the game.

He believes, that under the current management team, he can improve both of these players and turn them into much better players.

He says that they will makes mistakes, but that's part of the learning process.

He's also aware that an experienced CH is necessary to provide support for Kelly and Baird and has targeted such a player, but he must get the right player, so he's prepared to wait, as long as he can.

He also says, that in his opinion, having actually watched championship games for two seasons, unlike most people on here, that Kelly and Baird, will, for the most part, cope with championship level forwards.

I'm not sure what more Murray can do on his limited budget.

I'm sure some of our resident financial and tactical experts, with their obvious experience of both running and managing a football club could come up with some suggestions.rolleyes.gif

We have been crying out for years for a manager that genuinely seeks to develop young players into something resembling the finished article.

I'll applaud our management team if they pursue this goal. SPS suggested it earlier in this thread, and he was spot-on, we must be patient in this regard. As young players will make mistakes, so will young management teams.

After the Summer of 'Beath (partial) shambles, Danny Lennon took a different tack. He learned from that particular error of judgement, and deserved credit for that. There will always be folk who can't wait for a manager to make a mistake, that's a given. The measure of a manager (or anyone, for that matter) is how he learns from his mistakes.

I think Murray will prove to be an astute appointment, but let's give him a reasonable amount of time to demonstrate that this was the case.

With the end of their second three-year deal coming sooner rather than later, they should be inviting tenders for the gig.... Which would see X amount from a new supplier, plus X amount from interested shirt sponsors, plus discussions with tbe guys doing the club shop, plus removal of existing stadium advertising if JD are replaced...

Which is a fair amount of work, so if JD really ARE 100k better than any combination of new kit supplier / shirt sponsor - fair enough, but work the deal for a better deal for supporters, not just the directors / club.

Like Bournemouth and others - get kits in our club shop. If not, get a proper St Mirren presence in the three places they ARE available. Get the actual stock / online stock discrepencies bollocks sorted. Get kids strips available as full kits and at the time of summer when OF clubs and others flood stores with THEIR kit. Get proper kit launches. Get the kit to fit over people's nappers. Get the away kit properly photographed and worn by strapping handsome chaps like Thommo, instead of some half-arsed Twitter leak.

Get it sorted MacPherson.

And there you have it is easier (Lazy) for the board to accept the JD money whilst the paying public get ridden all over the shop by JD. They could get a better deal, but they want someone else to do the work to get them mare money! Read the comments from last nights Q&A Gilmour says their 'tired'... FFS tired... Well they should nae have mugged off the english consortium last year.

Ffs man up BoD!

All sounds positive, although I am also concerned at the esteem Kelly is held in - I fear for our goals conceded column big time this season if he is going to be a first pick at centre half. We need an experienced guy playing alongside Baird.

I've been very impressed with Kelly in every match I've seen him play at centre back. Very comfortable on the ball, stepping out to make tackles, organising the defence etc. We've obviously watched different games...

I didn't go to Sheffield though, which may affect some opinions, even though Wednesday will be a class above and team we play this season.

We have been crying out for years for a manager that genuinely seeks to develop young players into something resembling the finished article.

I'll applaud our management team if they pursue this goal. SPS suggested it earlier in this thread, and he was spot-on, we must be patient in this regard. As young players will make mistakes, so will young management teams.

After the Summer of 'Beath (partial) shambles, Danny Lennon took a different tack. He learned from that particular error of judgement, and deserved credit for that. There will always be folk who can't wait for a manager to make a mistake, that's a given. The measure of a manager (or anyone, for that matter) is how he learns from his mistakes.

I think Murray will prove to be an astute appointment, but let's give him a reasonable amount of time to demonstrate that this was the case.

Hear, hear..!

I will take him at his word, and give hime the time he has asked for.

He is on record targeting a title challenge this season! His target and his timeframe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33766741

Andy Millen being another good example.

Aye, he was the other example I had in mind, though I always thought that Andy maintained what were his key attributes throughout his career on account of keeping his fitness level ridiculously high.

I've been very impressed with Kelly in every match I've seen him play at centre back. Very comfortable on the ball, stepping out to make tackles, organising the defence etc. We've obviously watched different games...

I didn't go to Sheffield though, which may affect some opinions, even though Wednesday will be a class above and team we play this season.

Murray was saying that if you could combine the attributes of Kelly and Baird that you'd have the ideal CH.

He reckons that Kelly is more accomplished on the ball, but at times, plays too much football for his liking and could be caught on the ball by certain forwards.

Baird however, is more rough and ready. He'll put his body anywhere to defend and attacks every ball, but he is prone to rash tackles and gets drawn out of position.

He knows these are the aspects that the management team will have to work on to improve their respective games.

The Periscope streams from last night are still available for another few hours if you missed them;

Part 1 is at https://t.co/pQnvVJro15

Part 2 is at https://t.co/dkrmtHNj6c

You can watch these through your browser, don't need the app.

They expire 12 hours after the event so they will be around until early evening.

Are u not good at maths Div??

The Periscope streams from last night are still available for another few hours if you missed them;

They expire 12 hours after the event so they will be around until early evening.

Ended 15 and 16 hours ago.

They expire 24 hours after the event so they will be around until early evening.

Enjoyed that, very promising! Cheers.

How much are we getting for the product placement of that can of bru?