Jack Ross Must Go.

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

To save space I'll not quote you buddiecat, my name's Stevie Kerr. Plenty of fellow buds know me as I've never hidden who I am. (I'll expect a witty reply regarding that from supposed mates)

All I'm asking for is those in a responsible position not to make it look like they're making accusations of others.

LPM was a big critic of the 10'000 bid and has stepped forward to help with the SMISA bid/process. That can only be applauded and will be appreciated without the digs at others he's made in my opinion.

Okay i accept that Stevie, i did think it was because of his and my criticism of 10k hours.

I can assure you we both work for SMiSA to the best of our ability and will continue to do so for as long as we can.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:47 AM, Soctty said:

People wonder why John Hughes went to Raith but wasn't interested in the Saints job? Probably the revolving door to the manager's office that made him give it a miss.

Recent Raith managers:

2014/5 season: Grant Murray misses out on play-offs and is replaced

2015/6 season: Ray McKinnon reaches play offs and is poached by Dundee United

2016/7 season: Gary Locke appointed as McKinnon's successor

2016/7 season: John Hughes replaces Gary Locke

Raith are currently changing managers almost as often as we are (we've had Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Ian Murray, Alex Rae and Jack Ross in the same timeframe).

Recent Raith managers:
2014/5 season: Grant Murray misses out on play-offs and is replaced
2015/6 season: Ray McKinnon reaches play offs and is poached by Dundee United
2016/7 season: Gary Locke appointed as McKinnon's successor
2016/7 season: John Hughes replaces Gary Locke
Raith are currently changing managers almost as often as we are (we've had Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Ian Murray, Alex Rae and Jack Ross in the same timeframe).

They've sacked two managers in the last 11 years - we've effectively sacked 5 in the last 3!

Thanks for helping me highlight why they're a far better option for a manager who wants to further himself and have a decent opportunity to prove himself, as Ray McKinnon did to secure the manager's job at Tannadice.

[emoji106]

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

They've sacked two managers in the last 11 years - we've effectively sacked 5 in the last 3!

Thanks for helping me highlight why they're a far better option for a manager who wants to further himself and have a decent opportunity to prove himself, as Ray McKinnon did to secure the manager's job at Tannadice.

emoji106.png

Was Grant Murray not encouraged to go after missing out on the play off places?

7 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So they've sacked 2 managers in the last 2 years?

They've sacked 2 in the last 11 years, since Gordon Dalziel left in 2006. Those two are Murray and Locke.

To give you another angle on it, Locke got 9 months in the job before being sacked - a short stint. Grant Murray was in the job for 3 years. John McGlynn before him left to take on the Hearts job after 6 years at the club.

Our last 4 managers have had 6 months, 6 months, 5 months and 9 months. Some fans are currently planning for Ross' departure after 4 months in the job.

We aren't appealing to experienced managers looking for a steady job where they will get time to do the job. We need to reverse the trend and make ourselves a better prospect for future incumbents, whenever the time may come.

Edited by Soctty

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

emoji106.png

Have we ?   :huh:   i thought it was 4

If you want to bounce stats about , you could say we have sacked 4 since 2003.   :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Have we ?   :huh:   i thought it was 4

If you want to bounce stats about , you could say we have sacked 4 since 2003.   :rolleyes:

Effectively I said. We let Lennon go, so although not technically sacking him, he went against his wishes at the end of his contract, just over a year after winning us a League Cup. Same thing happened with McPherson a few months after we reached the League Cup Final in 2010.

These aren't the actions of a club where managers can look forward to full support of their board after performing well, and not likely to attract ambitious managers, when taken alongside getting rid of Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae.

We can't keep sacking managers every year and expect good things to happen.

22 hours ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

We better hope the new signings gel in pretty quick because if the gap between us and Ayr is any bigger after our game at Somerset Park we can pretty much kiss this league goodbye and say hello to League One for the first time in our history.

Sorry for picking on you sergie lots of people have said this but whilst its true, when I started supporting ST Mirren we were in the old Second Division and that that was the bottom league. We couldn't go any further down,so Modern League one won't be the worst we've ever been so whilst it will be unpleasant to get relegated we still have a bit to go before we are Rock Bottom.

Managers have to learn their trade somewhere and whilst many believe JR is out his depth in the Championship, He has had some experience in League one and by all accounts was doing well enough to attract our attention. Whilst many claim the teams performances have improved under his leadership everyone agrees his teams have not yet learned how to  secure league points. We have gone through lots of players during his reign and he still has to find a winning formula. Many of his new signings are loans and probably won't be available next season. In our financial state it makes sense to keep him to the end of the season. If we stay up. Hopefully he will have learned and can take the team forward. If we go down hopefully he can call on his previous experience, gain some confidence from being back at a level he can cope with and then progress to a higher level thus rewarding our loyalty after keeping him in post.

If he shows no sign of improvement in league one. Then we get shot of him but I don't think we have any option other than to trust him meantime. We can't afford to sack managers every five or six months. Give the JR a chance to learn his profession.

That's my opinion         :withstupid

Edited by East Lothian Saint
needed more time

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Effectively I said. We let Lennon go, so although not technically sacking him, he went against his wishes at the end of his contract, just over a year after winning us a League Cup. Same thing happened with McPherson a few months after we reached the League Cup Final in 2010.

These aren't the actions of a club where managers can look forward to full support of their board after performing well, and not likely to attract ambitious managers, when taken alongside getting rid of Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae.

Totally Agree on the part in bold. 

However , Sacking McPherson ?  He had run his course & fwiw, i would have sacked him on the spot for that result !!! (Joking .... well sort of !)

The only one i had sympathy for would be Danny , but at the time i thought he had taken us as far a he could, little did i know what lay in store !

Craig , Murray & Rae .  They were all lucky to last as long as they did !

However , Sacking McPherson ?  He had run his course & fwiw, i would have sacked him on the spot for that result !!! (Joking .... well sort of !)
The only one i had sympathy for would be Danny , but at the time i thought he had taken us as far a he could, little did i know what lay in store !

Not saying I didn't agree with McPherson going, just that it won't fill potential managerial candidates with confidence when you take all the other departures into account.

We need to think longer term.

16 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Sorry, I don't buy this "myth" that managers would be overly concerned coming to us because of our recent record of getting rid of other managers.

Most managers are confident in their own ability and could just as easily see it a great opportunity to take a decent sized club back to where it belongs, in the lower regions of the top league.

Again, it wasn't the time to start this thread but it's also more than reasonable to assess the current managers performance at the end of this season as there has to be something to suggest he can take us back up.

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Lets sack a manager that gets us promo, win B&Q, keeps us in league, oh and at least gets us to a National Cup Final...... great thinking previous BOD

Edited by DougJamie

Sorry, I don't buy this "myth" that managers would be overly concerned coming to us because of our recent record of getting rid of other managers.
Most managers are confident in their own ability and could just as easily see it a great opportunity to take a decent sized club back to where it belongs, in the lower regions of the top league.
Again, it wasn't the time to start this thread but it's also more than reasonable to assess the current managers performance at the end of this season as there has to be something to suggest he can take us back up.

I see I've found one of those 'let's keep sacking managers' fans I mentioned earlier. Good luck with that...

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Lets sack a manager that gets us promo, win B&Q, keeps us in league, oh and at least gets us to a National Cup Final...... great thinking previous BOD

I was no fan of the old BOD . I`ve made that very clear on numerous threads but i still believe Gus` time was up and the old BOD were right to bag him when they did.

I honestly don't think we are seen as the sacking club of Scottish football, I think we simply made a few really bad appointments in a row and haven't recovered from them.

As a few people have said the rot didn't start with not renewing Danny's contract, it started with appointing Tommy Craig. Everything we have done since has been in an attempt to recover.

Murray was a reasonably popular choice but ultimately failed and Rae was no ones choice but did well until he lost the manual on 'how to build a squad' during the summer. I don't think either would have got through the doors though if Craig hadn't relegated us.

Tommy Craig was Davie Hay.the sequel.

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I was no fan of the old BOD . I`ve made that very clear on numerous threads but i still believe Gus` time was up and the old BOD were right to bag him when they did.

Disagree mate....... Him and Andy had a 5 year deal, it was because Gus dared to ask for more than £1000 a man for the final that he got pushed

Ok didn't play the most exciting brand, but it was effective  

Guest TPAFKATS
Disagree mate....... Him and Andy had a 5 year deal, it was because Gus dared to ask for more than £1000 a man for the final that he got pushed
Ok didn't play the most exciting brand, but it was effective  

I'm pretty sure it was a rolling 1 year contract that Gus had? The BoD didn't give out 5 year deals after Tom Hendrie!